Nitro

ram.raɪ.noʊ
Staff member
Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
23 StormTrooper TRX
2025-ram-1500-rho-spy-photo.jpg

Ram has put an end to the rumors surrounding their enigmatic wide-body, six-cylinder prototype. In a surprising move, the company has announced the discontinuation of the TRX and its famed Hellcat V-8 engine. Instead, Ram has introduced a fresh addition to their lineup: the Ram 1500 RHO, a new entrant in the sport truck market.

The internet buzzed with speculation when spy shots and videos of the RHO prototype surfaced, leading many to believe it was poised to be the successor to the TRX in a future dominated by smaller engines. Despite the heavy camouflage seen on these test vehicles, Ram insists that the RHO is not simply a reimagined TRX.

"It's not a TRX," said Ram CEO Tim Kuniskis. "It's an RHO, and you can say that that's Ram High Output, or maybe rhino. Maybe there are some rhinos hidden in there as easter eggs, but I'm not allowed to call it rhino. You can call it whatever you want."

Whatever you want to call it, the star of the new truck is the high-output variant of the brand's twin-turbocharged inline-six. Known as the Hurricane H/O, this new engine will provide 540 horsepower and 521 lb-ft. That's still quite a potent engine, but it is the main reason this thing isn't TRX 2.0.

"We're not calling it a TRX because I would never call it the same name and have it down on power from what it is today," said Ram CEO Tim Kuniskis at a Detroit media backgrounder.

Continue reading at https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a45748732/ram-1500-rho/

Wonder what the tuning capability it will have will be. I think if they make it a tunable platform and it can be pushed to 600hp and is priced right...it can work. They have to price it around 70k hopefully below to start tho. No ones paying 6 figures for it.

Back