What's new

Anti Theft

yoda33073

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram 1500 Built to Serve
I am looking at anti-theft options. I am leaning towards IGLA with a Compustar T13 smartphone alarm. Does anyone have experience with 1 or both of these? Is it a pain in the ass to enter a" code" every time you get in the truck? Thought?

Following this

I have both (IGLA and Compustar). It's not really a big deal to put in the pin code. Takes 2 seconds. But to be honest, I don't even do that. I carry the little fob in my pocket that automatically disables IGLA. So my regular workflow really is no different than before. Except that I have to wait an extra second or two before putting it in gear (it won't go into gear until the fob talks to IGLA, which is about 5 seconds after ignition on, and that's about 2 seconds after I want to put it in gear).
It's not a recommended practice to attach the IGLA fob to your car key, because if you get carjacked and they demand your fob, then you're handing over all the security you have. So keep it on a different keyring (or separate some other way).

Now as far as Compustar goes, there is one thing I don't really care for. To use the remote lock/unlock features, the installer will disable your door buttons. So you can't just get out and hit the button as you close the door and walk away. You have to reach in your pocket and hit the Compustar remote. It's not really a problem once you get used to it, but it's also not as seamless as it used to be before I had Compustar installed. There is a proximity lock setting you can set, but it's even worse. Damn truck kept locking and unlocking every 10 seconds when I was working near it (like, at home in the garage). So I disabled the proximity lock (and only kept the proximity unlock).

Back