What's new

Are you trading in your TRX for an Rho?

Mromag

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 Ram TRX
Currently have a 22 TRX. Wanted to see how many Previous TRX owners are considering selling for an Rho and why.

Last edited:
I am one of those people that is thinking of trading my TRX in. I have 22 level 2 w/ hydro blue, carbon fiber, advance safety, and tow mirrors. Absolutely love the truck, but I’m die heart V8 fan. In fact, i used to drive Cummins before this truck and loved the I6 turbo setup. My wife also drives I4 turbo hyundai that is pretty peppy. Just love how powerful the turbo inlines feels driving around town, the highways, and towing. That low end torque is just amazing no matter what you are doing. You never feel like you’re trying to reach up in the rpm band for that power. As for the extra 162 hp and 130 ft tq loss, never feel like i spend enough time in the high rpm to get the full benefit of it.
As for the other reasons I would trade my TRX on an RHO would be the price. If i trade my TRX on it now i would probably get some money back or straight across trade with the deals on them from this forum. Plus I really love the look of the new blue color. Also i get all the cool new tech, higher weight limit on payload and towing, and reset the miles on my DD. I will also love the extra distance on each tank i will get thanks to the better mpgs. Which will be great for camping in remote regions with my camper. The money saving on mpg won’t be that much, but having extra 100 or even 50 miles per tank would be amazing when camping and driving back to town.

I am one of those people that is thinking of trading my TRX in. I have 22 level 2 w/ hydro blue, carbon fiber, advance safety, and tow mirrors. Absolutely love the truck, but I’m die heart V8 fan. In fact, i used to drive Cummins before this truck and loved the I6 turbo setup. My wife also drives I4 turbo hyundai that is pretty peppy. Just love how powerful the turbo inlines feels driving around town, the highways, and towing. That low end torque is just amazing no matter what you are doing. You never feel like you’re trying to reach up in the rpm band for that power. As for the extra 162 hp and 130 ft tq loss, never feel like i spend enough time in the high rpm to get the full benefit of it.
As for the other reasons I would trade my TRX on an RHO would be the price. If i trade my TRX on it now i would probably get some money back or straight across trade with the deals on them from this forum. Plus I really love the look of the new blue color. Also i get all the cool new tech, higher weight limit on payload and towing, and reset the miles on my DD. I will also love the extra distance on each tank i will get thanks to the better mpgs. Which will be great for camping in remote regions with my camper. The money saving on mpg won’t be that much, but having extra 100 or even 50 miles per tank would be amazing when camping and driving back to town.
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. From a DD perspective the RHO is more practical. Just wondering if ill regret selling the TRX down the road.

Trading my '21. 20,523 miles. I assume my RHO won't be buillt until January or February. Will probably list it privately in November. If it does not sell, will trade it in. Love the truck. Hate the clunk and the chirp. Really hate the clunk.

Trading my '21. 20,523 miles. I assume my RHO won't be buillt until January or February. Will probably list it privately in November. If it does not sell, will trade it in. Love the truck. Hate the clunk and the chirp. Really hate the clunk.
I doubt it will be that long if they are saying quarter 3

I will definitely regret trading my TRX. But I think I will be happier in the end. But full disclosure I haven’t really made my mind up yet to pull the trigger. But until Ram release the color I want, I have time to think more on my decision.

I doubt it will be that long if they are saying quarter 3
Could actually be longer. I have been through the ordering process with Stellantis before, unfortunately. Forgive me if you’ve heard this before. They never build based upon order date. While there is no order allocation, there is always dealer allocation. In other words, they allocate a certain amount of builds every month to each of their individual dealers. They have 3000 dealers. Even if every dealer only had one sold order, it will take them at least 3 months to get through the initial orders. Now, factor in dealerships like Autonation and Penske always getting more build allocations than other dealerships, and noting transportation from Sterling Heights takes between 2-8 weeks, I think November and December is extremely optimistic. I waited 11 months for the TRX I ordered from Granger. It sucks.

Could actually be longer. I have been through the ordering process with Stellantis before, unfortunately. Forgive me if you’ve heard this before. They never build based upon order date. While there is no order allocation, there is always dealer allocation. In other words, they allocate a certain amount of builds every month to each of their individual dealers. They have 3000 dealers. Even if every dealer only had one sold order, it will take them at least 3 months to get through the initial orders. Now, factor in dealerships like Autonation and Penske always getting more build allocations than other dealerships, and noting transportation from Sterling Heights takes between 2-8 weeks, I think November and December is extremely optimistic. I waited 11 months for the TRX I ordered from Granger. It sucks.
Yea I've ordered twice. TRX took about two months and Wrangler a couple months.

Man you did well!
It was a base TRX so every component was there. Wrangler was a Willy's with the sky one touch and Xtreme recon, I did get lucky on the build time with that.

I know when we were waiting for the wife's bronco they had production numbers and times with trackers to predict when vehicles would get built. I was trying to find out how many 1500s get built in a day but couldn't find anything other than a bunch of people swearing off ram because the V8 is gone. We got rid of the bronco because the wife hated it.

I won't be angry if it's January. We are fortunate enough to own our own business and I spend most of my time with a 6 month old so we can share the SUV while my old Raptor breaks down every couple weeks. Anyone in the market for a Gen1 Raptor or 23 Wrangler let me know. 😂

Going to keep the TRX and turn the RHO into the daily replacing the 22 Silverado with the inline4 banger. Wife doesn’t want to let go of the TRX and I am not complaining about it. 😂

I had a 21' TRX after two GEN2's. Loved the TRX, but it was 2.5 years old last summer and I opted for a GEN3 because (1) range on TRX annoyed me, (2) insurance cancelled and was going to be a pain to replace, (3) teenage son would be learning to drive on new truck and (4) just annoyed me to get 10 mpg (had nothing to do with economics, just felt like a waste). That said, I've regretted going to a GEN3 since. I fully expected the step down in performance, but the step down in quality was unexpected and the tech in the ford is also wanting. I was very excited to hear the announcement of the RHO and immediately placed an order.

Back