Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Ram Rebel
Current Ride #2
Tesla Model Y
Military
Army
Anyone familiar with the build time of our new trucks from start of production to finish? I have no clue where I stand in the order of builds but I’m just curious. 🍻

Here is a TRX build, im assuming the timeline will be similar. Somewhere between these two:

screenshot_20230303-095134_chrome-jpg.90909

fec1b33f-03d1-430e-96f3-f761fcab43d8-jpeg.47897

There’s no telling how long from your order until it gets scheduled. But once you’re in D1 status (scheduled), it’s usually around 2 weeks to hit the assembly line. The actual assembly is only 1 day or so, maybe 2 days depending on which shift it starts in.
But then it gets weird again. Some trucks go straight through final inspection and out to shipping the same day. Others can sit for weeks or even months in some cases (if a repair needs to be made).
I’m going to assume that the RHO is like the TRX and every one goes to the body vendor after production. Usually this is for items such as bed liner, graphics, Rambar, tonneau cover, running boards, basically anything that’s not an assembly line item. All TRX’s got the hood scoop decal, and I’m assuming all RHO’s will as well. If that’s true, then the RHO’s will have to make a stop at the body vendor before heading out to shipping (even if everything passes inspection).
Then shipping. It can be a week on the short side, or several weeks on the long side. Depends on how many transfers and whether the unions are disgruntled.

I’ve ordered 8 new vehicles and it always seams to take longer new models. Longest was a Mercedes about six months. Fastest was our Rubicon 30 days.

Here was my experience. I think I was quite lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_4892.jpeg
    IMG_4892.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 215
Back