What's new

Can RHO be flat-towed behind a motorhome?

PB_Ninja

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F150
Hello, does any know if the RHO can be flat-towed (4 wheel down) behind a motorhome?
We were thinking of towing our RHO as a toad vehicle behind our SUPER C motorhome.
Our SUPER C can tow 15K pounds so weight is not a problem.

Thanks.

Wards seems to think so:

“Off-roading chops are key to selling the RHO. To that end, the RHO is equipped with a BorgWarner 48-13 full-time active transfer case that enables passage “through any off-road obstruction or weather condition,” according to Ram. RHO features a low range of 2.64:1 for rock crawling and can be flat-towed while in neutral.”

The Borg Warner 48-13 is the same transfer case as the TRX: Trans in Park, T-Case in Neutral.

Last edited:
I was going to flat tow my 392 Jeep but after hearing stories of drivetrain wear and killing front tires from friends I just put in on a 20ft car hauler and was never an issue. Even though you can flat tow its always better to trailer IMO. I know finding a spot for the trailer can be an inconvenience but at least you have a truck to park it with. It was rarely and issue as most of the spots I parked the 40ft pusher was pull through spots or middle of nowhere.

Back