Ceramic Tint????

Zlamke55

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 1500 Southwest Edition
Military
Army Veteran
I've heard mixed reviews about standard tint vs. ceramic. The latest person I spoke to said ceramic is a waste of money. Any input?

I've heard mixed reviews about standard tint vs. ceramic. The latest person I spoke to said ceramic is a waste of money. Any input?
Whoever told you that is working on some guesswork and not much knowledge. Having owned many black vehicles and living in AZ, I can assure you that nano-ceramic tint vs standard tint is night and day. Regular tint provides no UV resistance/protection and is for privacy while nano-ceramic tint is used to block over 90% of UV and thus provides heat resistance. This is easy to test, buy a sample of each and place them over two identical bulbs and witness the magic that is science. Or you can do the fun thing and burn your hand or head on glass after vehicle sat in sun on 120+ day, then swap over and save yourself some burn cream and heaps of pain.

Whoever told you that is working on some guesswork and not much knowledge. Having owned many black vehicles and living in AZ, I can assure you that nano-ceramic tint vs standard tint is night and day. Regular tint provides no UV resistance/protection and is for privacy while nano-ceramic tint is used to block over 90% of UV and thus provides heat resistance. This is easy to test, buy a sample of each and place them over two identical bulbs and witness the magic that is science. Or you can do the fun thing and burn your hand or head on glass after vehicle sat in sun on 120+ day, then swap over and save yourself some burn cream and heaps of pain.
Absolutely correct.

I had a raptor that had normal privacy tint when I bought it. Immediately switched over to ceramic and it really does make a huge difference. Especially driving through the California desert with outside temps consistently above 110.

Desert and Steadi are 100% spot on.

I live in the High Desert of Southern California. We had days last summer that hit 119°.

My wife and I went so far as to install clear nano-ceramic film on the windshields to reduce UV light and heat.

It is worth every dollar spent.

I'm in Louisiana and it can be brutal. I've always done standard but I'll give the ceramic a try for my RHO!

I shave my dome (Not much growing there)..

I'll be putting Nano-Ceramic on the sun roof glass too...

Desert and Steadi are 100% spot on.

I live in the High Desert of Southern California. We had days last summer that hit 119°.

My wife and I went so far as to install clear nano-ceramic film on the windshields to reduce UV light and heat.

It is worth every dollar spent.
Anywhere near Phelan?

yep I can vouch for the ceramic, made a huge difference in my truck here in FL.. my wife’s suv is next, she just has the standard tint and it does nothing.

When I bought my 2021 Rebel I did ceramic tint on the front windows to match factory tint on the back , ceramic is definitely worth it.

Yeah Ceramic is 100% worth it. My truck has XPEL Prime XR all around including the windshield. My truck is parked in the driveway in the Texas Sun, I never put a windshield screen up and can walk out hop in my truck, grab the steering wheel with no issue and start driving. My wife's Durango doesn't have the XPEL tint and if her car is outside for any amount of time it is unbearable.

Ceramic tint may affect the RFH hub, I have a friend with a 24 Grand Cherokee that had Ceramic installed and key fob will not work. Had it removed and it works fine now. I have not researched this but something to keep in mind.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Ceramic tint may affect the RFH hub, I have a friend with a 24 Grand Cherokee that had Ceramic installed and key fob will not work. Had it removed and it works fine now. I have not researched this but something to keep in mind.

Anyone else have this issue ?
That's weird I have ceramic on my daily driver and key works fine. hmm

That's weird I have ceramic on my daily driver and key works fine. hmm
There is a good chance that your Kia optima does not have the same Key fob and RFH hub as the 24 or newer Stellantis vehicle .. lol I would hope .. :LOL:

It just might be possible that some unscrupulous window tint installer has taken advantage of his good nature and sold him non-ceramic tent, possibly even metallic tint, which might go to explain the interference.

Last edited:
Back