Considering an RHO

LAWDOG

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 GMC AT4 - Babymax - Titanium Rush
Current Ride #2
2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Blue/Black SS Stripes
I have always been a Dodge guy, owned at least 13 Dodge/Ram trucks over the years.. I sold my last, a 2019 Megacab Cummins, to save on fuel costs and went to a 2023 GMC AT$ 1500 with the Babymax diesel 3.0L. It is a great truck so far. Phenomenal Mileage, Avg 22.8 over 32000 miles with two best tanks of 27 from Metro Detroit to Eau Clair WI. 629 Miles, 27 mpg hand calculated (24 Gal tank) and 27.5 from Metro Detroit to Marquette, MI. I love the TRX and with the New RHO being a better value, closer to budget range, I am considering a switch. The HUGE drop in economy will hurt, but the style is amazing. I used an estimated 14 mpg average based on the research i found. If it is better, that's a bonus, but for budgeting this is what I used.

Question is, is it worth another $430 a month in fuel and additional payment, to have the cool new toy? Considering because warranty is almost up and there is a potential business benefit.

I doubt anyone here will tell you no lol. Only you and maybe people close to you that knows you well enough can tell you if it's worth it in terms of $. I was also considering the TRX not cuz of the supercharged v8, but just how awesome it looks. Just couldn't justify the terrible mpg and IMO not great value for the money. So when I found out about the RHO, I immediately called my dealer to cancel my Tungsten order. So happy now since I wasn't exited at all for the Tungsten. Not the same boat but if I still had my 2020 gladiator right now no question I would trade it in for the RHO.

I am a Dodge man myself, I had 1500 SLT Laramie with 5.9 Magnum when I was a kid and loved that truck. Since then, I had every type of ram from 3500 back to 1500 then a TRX currently. I have to tell you won't be disappointed base on drive ability and fit and finish. Engine is just a bonus in my opinion. My TRX is so nice to drive and when I look back at when walking away in a parking lot, I always say to myself that is one sexy truck. Currently deciding on an RHO myself but with Forged Blue Metallica with the 2K inverter.

I doubt anyone here will tell you no lol. Only you and maybe people close to you that knows you well enough can tell you if it's worth it in terms of $. I was also considering the TRX not cuz of the supercharged v8, but just how awesome it looks. Just couldn't justify the terrible mpg and IMO not great value for the money. So when I found out about the RHO, I immediately called my dealer to cancel my Tungsten order. So happy now since I wasn't exited at all for the Tungsten. Not the same boat but if I still had my 2020 gladiator right now no question I would trade it in for the RHO.
I’m trading a 2021 Gladiator and I can’t friggin wait!

I am a Dodge man myself, I had 1500 SLT Laramie with 5.9 Magnum when I was a kid and loved that truck. Since then, I had every type of ram from 3500 back to 1500 then a TRX currently. I have to tell you won't be disappointed base on drive ability and fit and finish. Engine is just a bonus in my opinion. My TRX is so nice to drive and when I look back at when walking away in a parking lot, I always say to myself that is one sexy truck. Currently deciding on an RHO myself but with Forged Blue Metallica with the 2K inverter.
Getting rid of a TRX to get the RHO?

Yeah, I love the suspension, body, and interior. Engine was just a plus. But i figured I could get more range out of the hurricane on my long camping trips. Plus having a 2k inverter would also save me from needing a generator boon-docking. Plus I love the look of the forged blue metallic. The dark blue is my favorite color.

Question is, is it worth another $430 a month in fuel and additional payment, to have the cool new toy? Considering because warranty is almost up and there is a potential business benefit.

Welcome to the forum @LAWDOG - Sometimes it's the new cool toys that keep life fun and interesting!

Yeah, I love the suspension, body, and interior. Engine was just a plus. But i figured I could get more range out of the hurricane on my long camping trips. Plus having a 2k inverter would also save me from needing a generator boon-docking. Plus I love the look of the forged blue metallic. The dark blue is my favorite color.

Agreed. The RHO will make an awesome adventure/travel/camping vehicle with the extra range and slight bump in payload. I'm starting to think building one up into an overland rig would be fun.

Back