What's new

Do all RHO trucks have a full digital gauge cluster?

sdamike

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 rebel, 2019 Mustang GT w/ ESS s/c
Debating ordering one of these but cant seem to find a definitive answer on this, regardless of the trim level do all of the RHO's come standard with the full digital gauge cluster? I was going to ask about the adaptive suspension too, but that seems like they all do, right? It seems like yes on both, but I'd like to know for sure.

Yes, they all will have full digital dash regardless of trim selection. Same with adaptive suspension

Nice, thank you!

Interesting question, since the RHO build site on Ram.com shows standard gages when not selecting the $10K upgrade package. It changes to a digital cluster once you request 360 view, but still an oddity.

Frankly, I’ve had both analog (obviously) and the digital version of analog. Kinda fond of pure analog. Timeless. But, I also enjoy the extra data displayed on the digital screen.

If anyone follows exotics, the 2027 Bugatti Tourbillon will have analog primary gages. The designers said digital screens would kill the car’s appeal at future Conquors d’Elegance events. Picture the original Buick Riviera digital cluster (green screen with block graphics) in a modern car. It would be laughable.

Interesting question, since the RHO build site on Ram.com shows standard gages when not selecting the $10K upgrade package. It changes to a digital cluster once you request 360 view, but still an oddity.

Frankly, I’ve had both analog (obviously) and the digital version of analog. Kinda fond of pure analog. Timeless. But, I also enjoy the extra data displayed on the digital screen.

If anyone follows exotics, the 2027 Bugatti Tourbillon will have analog primary gages. The designers said digital screens would kill the car’s appeal at future Conquors d’Elegance events. Picture the original Buick Riviera digital cluster (green screen with block graphics) in a modern car. It would be laughable.

Yeah its like they werent making it very clear. While its not a make or break item, we currently have a 2020 Rebel, and we debated even upgrading to anything at all, but if we do we want to make sure it feels different and a full digital cluster would be totally different.

Funny though, we test drove some F-150's and while way more money then our rebel was, they felt like a total downgrade, at least interior wise. Powertrain, is another story, I do like the pull of their 3.5 ecoboost. Im really hoping the RHO feels like that but better. I will say the 5.7 in the rebel isnt bad, but is kinda boring.

Also can't help but notice you have a X5 with the 4.4 twin turbo, another vehicle we were eying up, very nice! We test drove the X3 M40i, a X3M and a X4M and the new X2 M235i. Gotta say BMW is knocking it out of the park. If we didn't need to tow at all or just tow less we would be going with BMW for sure. I'm curious are you keeping it or swapping for the RHO?

Yeah its like they werent making it very clear. While its not a make or break item, we currently have a 2020 Rebel, and we debated even upgrading to anything at all, but if we do we want to make sure it feels different and a full digital cluster would be totally different.

Funny though, we test drove some F-150's and while way more money then our rebel was, they felt like a total downgrade, at least interior wise. Powertrain, is another story, I do like the pull of their 3.5 ecoboost. Im really hoping the RHO feels like that but better. I will say the 5.7 in the rebel isnt bad, but is kinda boring.

Also can't help but notice you have a X5 with the 4.4 twin turbo, another vehicle we were eying up, very nice! We test drove the X3 M40i, a X3M and a X4M and the new X2 M235i. Gotta say BMW is knocking it out of the park. If we didn't need to tow at all or just tow less we would be going with BMW for sure. I'm curious are you keeping it or swapping for the RHO?
At our last service visit, our advisor reminded us to purchase the BMW extended warranty while the original factory warranty was still in effect. He emphasized, DO NOT drive one of these past 50K miles without a warranty. He added “Better yet, if you want a reliable road trip vehicle, trade it before 50K miles.” Ha!

Bottom line…those vehicles are engineered to be solid past 250K miles, but you won’t drive it that far because maintenance & repairs when something goes wrong are way toooo expensive. They are very complex cars, so stuff does go wrong as they age.

The M50i is nice. Powerful. Sounds good. But runs stupid hot with the “hot V” turbo placement. Beware. The earliest versions were quite unreliable. My ‘22 is a Gen 3, that supposedly has extra heat shielding & many of the earlier gremlins resolved. So far, it’s only stranded me once in 36K miles, when the plastic fan unexpectedly threw a blade & punctured the radiator. Kind of a freak event.

I do plan to trade the X5, but maybe not on the RHO. We need a vehicle to reach remote trailheads. The X5 has served that purpose reasonably well, but I always feel bad hammering such a nice, luxury SUV over minimally maintained dirt roads & rocky washes. The RHO will serve that purpose better. My wife is looking at a BMW electric i4 or i5, so the X5 may get traded for another BMW if she commits before the RHO arrives.

At our last service visit, our advisor reminded us to purchase the BMW extended warranty while the original factory warranty was still in effect. He emphasized, DO NOT drive one of these past 50K miles without a warranty. He added “Better yet, if you want a reliable road trip vehicle, trade it before 50K miles.” Ha!

Bottom line…those vehicles are engineered to be solid past 250K miles, but you won’t drive it that far because maintenance & repairs when something goes wrong are way toooo expensive. They are very complex cars, so stuff does go wrong as they age.

The M50i is nice. Powerful. Sounds good. But runs stupid hot with the “hot V” turbo placement. Beware. The earliest versions were quite unreliable. My ‘22 is a Gen 3, that supposedly has extra heat shielding & many of the earlier gremlins resolved. So far, it’s only stranded me once in 36K miles, when the plastic fan unexpectedly threw a blade & punctured the radiator. Kind of a freak event.

I do plan to trade the X5, but maybe not on the RHO. We need a vehicle to reach remote trailheads. The X5 has served that purpose reasonably well, but I always feel bad hammering such a nice, luxury SUV over minimally maintained dirt roads & rocky washes. The RHO will serve that purpose better. My wife is looking at a BMW electric i4 or i5, so the X5 may get traded for another BMW if she commits before the RHO arrives.

Wow, Interesting that the service manager said that! Aren't all of these vehicles becoming quite complex and complicated though, including this RHO. (Let's hope this engine has the reliability of something like the B58)

Oh I never knew BMW did the Hot V thing too, thought that was a Audi thing. But, still pretty crazy that your M50i is a simple tune away from running 11's in the 1/4 mile on 93. We live in some crazy times if your into performance.

Back