What's new

Grill mounted light bar options

swifteee

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ford raptor (RHO ordered)
I currently have a 2018 raptor with a 30 inch Baja designs grill light bar which is awesome! I’ve ordered a new RHO, and it looks like the grill has been redesigned from the trx so this light bar might just fit 😁. Anybody else thinking the same thing?

Not even kinda. Blocking flow to turbo and engine radiators with 26 pounds of boost seems not terrific. Gonna do a roof rack with light bar from: https://prinsu.com/product/ram-1500-crew-cab-trx-roof-rack/

Thats assuming the holes won't hit any of the new RHO electronics. I reached out to the company but their customers service skills were found lacking.

I am thinking about ditch lights, would like to enhance the lighting to the sides of the truck, and do not want to restrict airflow by having a light in the grill. I used to run light bars before led headlights came out, with the headlights on bright it seems plenty light, just my opinion

I am thinking about ditch lights, would like to enhance the lighting to the sides of the truck, and do not want to restrict airflow by having a light in the grill. I used to run light bars before led headlights came out, with the headlights on bright it seems plenty light, just my opinion
Ditch lights are terrific, I find them more useful with a lightbar or it gives me eye fatigue headaches. I think the yellow might be a remedy to that though

Ditch lights are terrific, I find them more useful with a lightbar or it gives me eye fatigue headaches. I think the yellow might be a remedy to that though
Have you had any? I have not, thinking Rigid, and maybe the flood pattern as my goal is to light up from the front on the truck where the headlights begin to fade out to as much as possible 90 degrees or so from driver/passenger position. Any recs?

Have you had any? I have not, thinking Rigid, and maybe the flood pattern as my goal is to light up from the front on the truck where the headlights begin to fade out to as much as possible 90 degrees or so from driver/passenger position. Any recs?
I have a 40" Rigid that I bought for my TRD Pro Tundra. Hooked it up but never installed it and now I'll need to sell for a 50" FML. I've had several brands of ditch lights, Rigid has great customer service, solid warranty but cost a fortune. The beam on cheap lights is less than useful IMO, its more flood and I like my ditch to be spotlights. I have some mid range and they work well, VERY bright white but like I said, without a light bar the fatigue is unreal. Baja is like Rigid, you pay for quality but never dealt with their customer service, other than product inquiries.

It all comes down to what you are doing at night. I'd never crawl at night; I stick to dirt roads or somewhat trampled paths. In those instances, Spotlight for angles is everything, also useful for spotting wildlife. The rigid 40" i have is flood on lower half and spot on top, or vice versa to give best of both. Having held a cheap 40" and my Rigid, the quality is immediately noticeable. I'll go look at what my mid brand is, as they are pretty solid and PM you, if they still exist. I tend to buy and sit on lots of parts and do my own product testing to see what I like best. Flood on ditch, is useless in real life, IMO, but I suppose it could depend on throw of high beams on our trucks.

Back