Hello from Fort Worth

DFWCabinetman

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 GMC AT4x
Current Ride #2
'95 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS
I'm starting the process of figuring out what I'm going to buy to replace my '22 GMC AT4x next year when my lease comes up. I haven't typically been a lease guy, but I was concerned that the nutty post COVID market was going to crash and I didn't want to be buried in my truck when I was ready to trade. The GMC has been fine for the last 30k miles, but I want a change.

I'm not brand loyal, but I have shied away from Stellantis products in recent years. I had a 2010 2500 that I never bonded with and a 2012 Grand Cherokee V8 that was a warranty nightmare. After those two vehicles I was mostly driving Fords including a 2018 Raptor. I did try out Toyota with a 2014 Land Cruiser 200 series and a 2020 Tundra Platinum. They all have their pluses and minuses.

I'm a bit all over the place on what I want next. I'm considering the Lexus GX550 Overtrail+, updated Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2L, a Bronco Wildtrak, and the RHO. The Ranger Raptor might also be in the mix. I bought my youngest son a '23 Chevy Colorado work truck trim, and I don't mind driving a mid-sized truck. Regardless, if I go full-size truck again, the RHO looks to be the front runner.

I look forward to reading owner's experiences once trucks start to deliver.

I'm starting the process of figuring out what I'm going to buy to replace my '22 GMC AT4x next year when my lease comes up. I haven't typically been a lease guy, but I was concerned that the nutty post COVID market was going to crash and I didn't want to be buried in my truck when I was ready to trade. The GMC has been fine for the last 30k miles, but I want a change.

I'm not brand loyal, but I have shied away from Stellantis products in recent years. I had a 2010 2500 that I never bonded with and a 2012 Grand Cherokee V8 that was a warranty nightmare. After those two vehicles I was mostly driving Fords including a 2018 Raptor. I did try out Toyota with a 2014 Land Cruiser 200 series and a 2020 Tundra Platinum. They all have their pluses and minuses.

I'm a bit all over the place on what I want next. I'm considering the Lexus GX550 Overtrail+, updated Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2L, a Bronco Wildtrak, and the RHO. The Ranger Raptor might also be in the mix. I bought my youngest son a '23 Chevy Colorado work truck trim, and I don't mind driving a mid-sized truck. Regardless, if I go full-size truck again, the RHO looks to be the front runner.

I look forward to reading owner's experiences once trucks start to deliver.
Just do it 😉🤙🏽

I had 2020 RAM NO issues at all. My current ride is 2022 RAM NO issues so far. I've been happy so far with RAM.

On the other side, RHO is about 30% new ( Engine and other components)..

Here is what worries me about the RHO..
1- New engine (Reliability)
2- Stellantis keeps firing their workers. I have a feeling this would effect the quality of production.
3- RAM dealerships sucks here in CO... dealing with them is pain in the a$$ and they don't give up loaners in case something happens.

The good side...
RHO only available through customer order, for now. for some reason if I didn't like the vehicle, I would sell it and break even.

I am really excited to get the vehicle.. I hope that I won't have no issues with it. I really want to keep it for the next 4 years.

I had 2020 RAM NO issues at all. My current ride is 2022 RAM NO issues so far. I've been happy so far with RAM.

On the other side, RHO is about 30% new ( Engine and other components)..

Here is what worries me about the RHO..
1- New engine (Reliability)
2- Stellantis keeps firing their workers. I have a feeling this would effect the quality of production.
3- RAM dealerships sucks here in CO... dealing with them is pain in the a$$ and they don't give up loaners in case something happens.

The good side...
RHO only available through customer order, for now. for some reason if I didn't like the vehicle, I would sell it and break even.

I am really excited to get the vehicle.. I hope that I won't have no issues with it. I really want to keep it for the next 4 years.
Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding Ram dealers, it seems most dealers have forgotten what customer service looks like. It is hard to find a dealership that actually seems to care about customers any more. They got spoiled over the last few years.

You said is yourself you're all over the place. I have a truck for the option to obviously pick up wife stuff and put in back haha. Also, I have CNC so lumber yard and various home stores make it easy. I do have a daily driver for work (Optima great gas mileage) but the truck is for everything else and basically drive it on weekends and trips.

You said is yourself you're all over the place. I have a truck for the option to obviously pick up wife stuff and put in back haha. Also, I have CNC so lumber yard and various home stores make it easy. I do have a daily driver for work (Optima great gas mileage) but the truck is for everything else and basically drive it on weekends and trips.
I like having a truck for the occasional hauling tasks. I also own a small cabinet manufacturing company that owns multiple trucks and a Sprinter van, so I can use one of those to haul items if needed. The biggest thing I like about having a full-size truck, or SUV, is being able to see more in the crappy traffic I drive in most days. The downside is parking when I go places that have tight parking.

My guess is I will end up with another full-size truck or SUV. I've driven this type of vehicle for the last 25 years, and I don't know that I'm ready to downsize just yet.

Nope, don't downsize love the extra space full size has plus it feels more comfortable. Sounds like you have a plan pull the trigger can't beat the deals going on from the vendors here.

Back