Hello from Lockport, NY

BryanB

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Limited
Current Ride #2
2020 Durango RT
I ordered my black RHO last month from Mark Dodge, and got $11,000 off. Level 1, pano, bead locks, tow packages, pretty much checked every box. Looking to add a Rambar and power running boards.

Hello from DFW, TX area. Ditto on the Rambar and power running boards. Where are you shopping for them? Any thoughts from manufacturers if TRX “dimensions” remain the same?

Welcome to the forum @BryanB - Congrats on the order!

Hello from DFW, TX area. Ditto on the Rambar and power running boards. Where are you shopping for them? Any thoughts from manufacturers if TRX “dimensions” remain the same?
I haven't researched the Rambar yet but I understand they are easy to install and you can get them for less than the dealer price online. I've been told that Ram's power running boards are made by Amp Research. I purchased a set of Amp research power running boards for my 2020 Durango and have had a ton of problems with them, in for service 5 times, waited months for parts, then I had to buy a whole new set as they are the only one who make them for Duangos and they wouldn't cover them anymore. Their warranty and customer service are so bad the huge truck accessory shop I deal with won't even sell them anymore. I saw a 2024 TRX that had a set of Rough Country power running boards. They are lit, fold completely under, are way less expensive, have a better warranty, much better customer service (from what that dealer told me), and only about $1000 for the set (plus install). https://www.roughcountry.com/retractable-steps/ram/1500-trx/2024 . Amps are over $1500. If they don't offer a factory set, I will purchase the Rough Country ones. On a side note, I'll probably be moving to Rockwall TX in the next few years.

I haven't researched the Rambar yet but I understand they are easy to install and you can get them for less than the dealer price online. I've been told that Ram's power running boards are made by Amp Research. I purchased a set of Amp research power running boards for my 2020 Durango and have had a ton of problems with them, in for service 5 times, waited months for parts, then I had to buy a whole new set as they are the only one who make them for Duangos and they wouldn't cover them anymore. Their warranty and customer service are so bad the huge truck accessory shop I deal with won't even sell them anymore. I saw a 2024 TRX that had a set of Rough Country power running boards. They are lit, fold completely under, are way less expensive, have a better warranty, much better customer service (from what that dealer told me), and only about $1000 for the set (plus install). https://www.roughcountry.com/retractable-steps/ram/1500-trx/2024 . Amps are over $1500. If they don't offer a factory set, I will purchase the Rough Country ones. On a side note, I'll probably be moving to Rockwall TX in the next few years.
I had a terrible experience with Amp also. They were on a 2018 F150 and the driver side motor went out three times. Over priced junk. I currently have Rough Country on the Chevrolet Trail Boss I drive. They're great zero problems and far better design/built. Two motors instead of one like the Amp boards. I installed them myself and got them on sale for $900. Half the price of the Amp running boards at the time of purchase. The Rough Country boards did not plug into to OBD port like the Amp. The Rough Country have magnetic sensors and a switch I installed under the dash that allows you to disable them if you choose.

I ordered my black RHO last month from Mark Dodge, and got $11,000 off. Level 1, pano, bead locks, tow packages, pretty much checked every box. Looking to add a Rambar and power running boards.
How are you getting it back to NY? Are they shipping it to you? Is it expensive to ship? I’m in Syracuse NY and thinking about ordering thru them…the simple, no haggle and competitive pricing peaks my interest.

How are you getting it back to NY? Are they shipping it to you? Is it expensive to ship? I’m in Syracuse NY and thinking about ordering thru them…the simple, no haggle and competitive pricing peaks my interest.
I'm unsure if I will fly in and drive it back or truck it. I have found prices from $900 to $1500 to ship it. I found another dealer that you might want to look into that gives an additional $500 off and they are in Verginia which is only a 7-hour day drive instead of 3. Unfortunately, I already ordered mine so it's to late for me. It's Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Arlington Virginia.

I'm unsure if I will fly in and drive it back or truck it. I have found prices from $900 to $1500 to ship it. I found another dealer that you might want to look into that gives an additional $500 off and they are in Verginia which is only a 7-hour day drive instead of 3. Unfortunately, I already ordered mine so it's to late for me. It's Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Arlington Virginia.

Thanks I’ll take a look into that! I’m hoping maybe my local dealer will price match…we’ll see, but not too optimistic.

Koon's Dodge is closer to you. They are similar in MSRP discounts I have seen in these forums. I would peak at them too.

Thanks I’ll take a look into that! I’m hoping maybe my local dealer will price match…we’ll see, but not too optimistic.
My local dealer here which is the West Herr group, the largest dealer network in WNY, said the best they could do was about $3000 off, Mark Dadge gave me $11,000 off.

My local dealer here which is the West Herr group, the largest dealer network in WNY, said the best they could do was about $3000 off, Mark Dadge gave me $11,000 off.
I will say my few emails with Mark Dodge have been great, very responsive and helpful. If only they were much closer…but 1-2k shipping is still prob way cheaper than a local dealer. No response email from Koons yet.

Well no response from Koons. And local dealers keep saying no way Mark Dodge can discount an RHO that much, must be a scam and then they try to say it’s below EP pricing and they would be losing money selling trucks at that price….

Well no response from Koons. And local dealers keep saying no way Mark Dodge can discount an RHO that much, must be a scam and then they try to say it’s below EP pricing and they would be losing money selling trucks at that price….

Attachments

• IMG_0468.png
    IMG_0468.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 41
That's what I would say if I was a local dealer and didn't want to lose a sale... San Diego dealership said same thing. Anthony from Mark Dodge has been wonderful to work with, and super helpful on these forums as well. I haven't worked with anyone else, so I've got a limited perspective, but I'd look his way. The extra transport fee is worth the discount. Good luck! Hope you find what you're looking for!

My local dealer gave me the run around for a couple weeks. They were not interested in ordering a RHO (I would've paid msrp) and tried to sell me on a truck in their lot after all was said and done. I learned about Mark Dodge (and the huge discount) from YouTube and decided to give them a call. Ashley gave me a quote within minutes of sending her my build. They won my business then and there. I have no idea how they sell so low, but it's in black and white.

Hey welcome, that's a great deal!

I live about 25 minutes from Koons. I inquired about discounts on the RHO and was ghosted. Purchased from Mark and so far they have been great to deal with.

Keep me posted how it works out, being in Syracuse, maybe I’ll follow your lead if it goes smoothly. Hoping to see lots of guys on this forum successfully take delivery of RHOs from Marks Dodge.

From someone that ordered a truck at EP pricing from a local dealership. I can tell you Mark Dodges price is definitely better. If I didn’t already order a truck I would go with them. Anthony has been great with providing everyone updates and even answering questions for me even though I didn’t order with them.

Back