Hill Descent Control

Funder

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon JLU
Current Ride #2
Jeep Grand Cherokee WL
My current setup for overlanding/camping is a rubicon JLU towing a patriot camper. I’ve really come to appreciate hill descent control. I’ve searched but I didn’t see if the RHO comes with this feature. Does anyone have confirmation or other on this?

My current setup for overlanding/camping is a rubicon JLU towing a patriot camper. I’ve really come to appreciate hill descent control. I’ve searched but I didn’t see if the RHO comes with this feature. Does anyone have confirmation or other on this?

Indeed it does

Indeed it does
Great thank you. I didn’t see it listed on the option sheets that I’ve seen on this forum- I most likely missed. I also asked the salesperson I’ve worked with before at the local dealership - he hasn’t gotten back to me yet.

Great thank you. I didn’t see it listed on the option sheets that I’ve seen on this forum- I most likely missed. I also asked the salesperson I’ve worked with before at the local dealership - he hasn’t gotten back to me yet.
I recommend not testing it out on the highest elevation with a steep grade you can find and definitely not with your mother-in-law in the backseat. Unless you love cracking up and comments like "I can get out and walk faster than this"

I recommend not testing it out on the highest elevation with a steep grade you can find and definitely not with your mother-in-law in the backseat. Unless you love cracking up and comments like "I can get out and walk faster than this"
The HDC on the JLU towing a light trailer works really well on moderate to steep descents. I’m old enough to have vehicles before this feature existed but I guess I’ve gotten lazy.

The HDC on the JLU towing a light trailer works really well on moderate to steep descents. I’m old enough to have vehicles before this feature existed but I guess I’ve gotten lazy.
It's a great feature and very necessary when off-roading with steep grades. I had tested Defender 130, which has incredibly terrific decent control, at about 1mph, LOL

Ok just to close the loop for others who may be a Luddite like me, I kept looking for “hill descent control “ in the RHO literature on this forum and elsewhere as that’s what it’s called on my rubicon jlu and grand Cherokee wl. On the Ram I didn’t realize it was called Selec- Speed so I didn’t realize this was essentially hill descent control.

Back