What's new

Indefinite Production Delay? UAW (commitment) violation claims against Stellantis

Delio

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Ram Power Wagon
Current Ride #2
2023 Honda Accord Hybrid
I understand I'm preaching to the choir here but with so much chatter of a Union Strike against Stellantis, workers being laid off and apparent profits coming in at subpar levels, one has to believe that RHO production will be delayed/impacted on some level --- BEYOND what we're already experiencing. Severity TBD.

I understand that some of this chatter is affecting non-RHO production headcount areas ex. office personnel, executive level etc. but according to several articles, factory/direct production line workers will be impacted across several plants due to strike(s) and layoffs. I have to imagine that they'll have to, on some level, internally reallocate those limited resources, hire out for temporary workforce, run smaller shifts/production lines etc.

In the end, all of this may not significantly impact us BUT I am preparing myself for some type of extended delay that goes well in to 2025. My hope would be that if Stellantis does foresee this inevitability, that their next move would be to inform their customers (with placed orders) as soon as feasibly possible. It would (obviously) be nice to make an informed decision to either stay with our orders OR move in a different direction. I know this is wishful thinking as this type of messaging would send a bad message to their shareholder base and be seen as them waiving the white flag in defeat.

I also understand that any vehicle ordering process, regardless of manufacture can be lengthy and delays are just part of the process, but with so much frequent and consistent turmoil surrounding this company, I'm thinking one has to start contingency planning due to the reality of the situation.

Stellantis, what say you? Are you out there? Bueller? Bueller?

** Full disclosure: this post is for discussion purposes only and simply coming from my frustrated, anxious and lack of patience point of view! **

Excerpt from the Detroit free press - link included:

"The union said Monday that UAW locals representing tens of thousands of workers at its plants in Detroit, Toledo and elsewhere are preparing grievances over the situation and that a strike could be authorized after the issue follows the grievance process. On Tuesday in a meeting with reporters, Fain addressed in more detail some of the issues the union is having with Stellantis, particularly the commitment on product at Belvidere and why the delay is a concern. The union's contract with the company expires at the end of April 2028."
"They've backed that date up outside of our expiration of our contract now, which means we bargained for nothing. Because once the contract expires, there is no contract, and at that point, you know all bets are off. So we expect them to honor the commitment that they made, and if they don't, we put language in this agreement so that we could hold them accountable, and we intend to do it.," Fain said.
- https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-assembly-plant-strike-reopening/74869725007/

At Democratic Convention, UAW head threatens strike against Stellantis over delayed plant reopening - link included:

“Let me be clear. Stellantis must keep the promises they made to America in our union contract,” Fain told the crowd at the Chicago convention. “The UAW will take whatever action necessary at Stellantis or any other corporation to stand up and hold corporate America accountable,” he said, clearly referring to the possibility of a strike."

- https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory...threatens-strike-stellantis-delayed-112982405

yes this is how businesses work, yes this obese man on his couch has insider knowledge.

We will be jumping rail road tracks on our way to the grocery store soon men, don’t feed these bottom feeder trolls.

I think RAM still pumping trucks like crazy just not the RHO lol

I think RAM still pumping trucks like crazy just not the RHO lol
Correct. I see a lot of 2025 Big Horn (non H/O) and Rebel editions either on lot or in transit to dealers. Would be nice to know some type of (new) timeline from them for RHO. This is beyond frustrating.

Correct. I see a lot of 2025 Big Horn (non H/O) and Rebel editions either on lot or in transit to dealers. Would be nice to know some type of (new) timeline from them for RHO. This is beyond frustrating.
Easy killer they always said Q4 that could be as early as 1 Oct to 31 Dec. Timelines do slip though from time to time.

It's only super frustrating because we were told builds were starting on Aug. 19 AND a handful of guys got their builds scheduled. I felt it on Monday and Tuesday. I thought about it a little and honestly wasn't expecting my RHO until mid-October when I ordered on May 8. Be patient young Jedi. I still say late October we will be picking up our trucks.

I ordered mid-June and expecting Nov/Dec or...

Yep, when the EV hype hit it was our administration funding American vehicle companies to produce them with funding an infrastructure, that literally never came through and screwed most American brands. So now everyone is shifting to hybrids and 6 cylinder turbos for power and efficiency. So thank our current economy and the people behind it for delays while we’re trying to spend our hard earned money on the shit we worked for.

Yep, when the EV hype hit it was our administration funding American vehicle companies to produce them with funding an infrastructure, that literally never came through and screwed most American brands. So now everyone is shifting to hybrids and 6 cylinder turbos for power and efficiency. So thank our current economy and the people behind it for delays while we’re trying to spend our hard earned money on the shit we worked for.
We still got Fords pumping out coyote F160s. With the discounts on STX and XLTs it's hard not to get one and have the dealer slap a Whipple on it.

We still got Fords pumping out coyote F160s. With the discounts on STX and XLTs it's hard not to get one and have the dealer slap a Whipple on it.
Personally a hard pass for me, I’m just not a Ford person. I’ll wait it out, if get insanely out of hand eating wise, I’ll go pickup a TRX.

Personally a hard pass for me, I’m just not a Ford person. I’ll wait it out, if get insanely out of hand eating wise, I’ll go pickup a TRX.
Same

I'm good with whenever...I just want a solid/healthy truck, none of these misfire / electrical issues that's going on, I don't have the time or personality to deal with that shit. At least a lot of these are being caught at the plant (allegedly), but man, the FB chatter is 99% bad experiences from what I've read so far. Take the time to build these right...that's all I ask, I'm sure everyone has the same position.

Back