What's new

Let's talk wheels...

yuppie

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tesla Model Y
The optional beadlocks look pretty good, but I'm also interested in higher end wheels like KMC and SCS. What other brands are out there in the high-end category? Not talking Method and Fuel.

Custom offsets has a pretty big selection of rims. I’m an oem man myself, I think the base wheels look better but to each their own.

They changed the front lower grill from grey with the TRX to black on the RHO which gives the base wheels nice contrast and body lines with some of the colors.

I almost got the beadlocks but after learning you had to buy options lock rings and have your tires reinstalled steered me away from them as I would probably not be airing down as much as I would be taking the kids to school.

The HRE FT1 is a good looking wheel.

HRE-FT1-TRX1.jpg

HRE-FT1-TRX2.jpg

Having owned a gladiator i don't want to go down this rabbit hole again..lol out of curiosity I was looking at the vossens on trx looks really nice. Are they for looks only or do they offer performance gains such as weight reduction vs stock wheel? I was planning on keeping my RHO stock other than tonneau cover unless there's something i can do to increase performance without losing MPG

Having owned a gladiator i don't want to go down this rabbit hole again..lol out of curiosity I was looking at the vossens on trx looks really nice. Are they for looks only or do they offer performance gains such as weight reduction vs stock wheel? I was planning on keeping my RHO stock other than tonneau cover unless there's something i can do to increase performance without losing MPG
The ones that I am looking at are from the HF series "Hybrid Forged" meaning that they should be lightweight and strong. From a weight perspective, I think when I looked this up, the stock wheels for the TRX were 30 lbs (assuming that there is no changes between what we get w the RHO). For comparison, an equivalent 18" from the Vossen HF series will be around 29-30 lbs also. 20" wheels are ~37 lbs and 22" ~45. From that perspective, comparatively against most cast wheels they would be lighter and allow you to keep a lot more of the OEM performance depending on your choices in the wheel and tire setup.

For me personally though, I wouldn't be even considering them if they didn't look good, but I know that this is subjective. I don't plan to be doing much off-roading in this truck, and I have a Jeep I use for that kinda fun. If I were though, I might be looking at something with bead grip technology, like in Method Race Wheels or just straight up beadlocks.

I think the stock look on these trucks looks damn good too! I'm just a junkie for changing things on my vehicles and too far gone to try and put that cat back in the bag.

Last edited:
The ones that I am looking at are from the HF series "Hybrid Forged" meaning that they should be lightweight and strong. From a weight perspective, I think when I looked this up, the stock wheels for the TRX were 30 lbs (assuming that there is no changes between what we get w the RHO). For comparison, an equivalent 18" from the Vossen HF series will be around 29-30 lbs also. 20" wheels are ~37 lbs and 22" ~45. From that perspective, comparatively against most cast wheels they would be lighter and allow you to keep a lot more of the OEM performance depending on your choices in the wheel and tire setup.

For me personally though, I wouldn't be even considering them if they didn't look good, but I know that this is subjective. I don't plan to be doing much off-roading in this truck, and I have a Jeep I use for that kinda fun. If I were though, I might be looking at something with bead grip technology, like in Method Race Wheels or just straight up beadlocks.

I think the stock look on these trucks looks damn good too! I'm just a junkie for changing things on my vehicles and too far gone to try and put that cat back in the bag.
Thanks from this if i keep with the 18 size then no performance loss. Maybe its a jeep thing but I prefer bigger tires so I don't think I'll consider the 22s. The 20s look just right to me but again heavier than stock. I sure miss my gladiator I'll def be looking into a used wrangler in the future next to my RHO

I recently sold my vossen and fuel rebels 20s when I settled for fuel shok 18s. For some reason prefer more tire since I hit hunting and fishing trails often. Hoping they didn't change brakes too much and will be just like trx and fit. Also who knows I might get rid of shok also because I really do like beadlocks wheels and there's plenty of them locally for sale.

The optional beadlocks look pretty good, but I'm also interested in higher end wheels like KMC and SCS. What other brands are out there in the high-end category? Not talking Method and Fuel.
I would not consider kmc or scs to offer a superior product than the factory forged beadlock capable wheels
Maybe a volk racing te37xt or titan7 wheel,if they offer an option for our trucks

Back