What's new

Manufacturing issues?

Texasflats

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram 1500
Anyone familiar with the issues going on between UAW and Stellantis? This has me a little nervous. Any thoughts?

Just looking at the click bait picture I see a lot that just screams ai. Not even going to click on it. Just more $hit talking.

This guy is a known hater and stellantis troll
Didn't realize he was big on the TRX forums.. used to post a lot of the production scheduling stuff

He's not,more like youtube,tiktok, rumble

He's not,more like youtube,tiktok, rumble
1000003198.png

Something about too short wiring harnesses - purportedly. I'm more concerned about 3.0L I6 TT thermostat issues being discussed in the Wagoneer forums. Not sure if it is a supplier issue or poor design. Just hoping they have the issue resolved before RHO production commences. I am sure as hell not looking for a headache.

Say what you want, but Knightmare aka ButterDaGreat has the inside scoop on Dodge/Ram stuff. I’ve seen it myself.

I have been noticing lately on Facebook groups that some owners are already having issues with vehicle (SO). Bunch of them are reporting a misfiring issues.

Question for the group. Settle a debate between my son and I. I’m telling him that regardless of where I order the RHO from, if there are Mfr issues under warranty, I can bring it to ANY RAM dealer for service. He claims I need to bring it only back to the dealer I ordered it from. What say you all?

Question for the group. Settle a debate between my son and I. I’m telling him that regardless of where I order the RHO from, if there are Mfr issues under warranty, I can bring it to ANY RAM dealer for service. He claims I need to bring it only back to the dealer I ordered it from. What say you all?
Any

Ram warranty. So any authorized dealer. If you get extended warranty for after factory expires, make sure it’s an official ram one. There are several 3rd party companies that may have stipulations.

Ram warranty. So any authorized dealer. If you get extended warranty for after factory expires, make sure it’s an official ram one. There are several 3rd party companies that may have stipulations.
Great info. Thank you!

For some reason some dealers will not want to do warranty work if you bought elsewhere. In my experience these dealers don’t discount sales, and are also the ones that jack up labor time for customer paid repairs. Just had one tell me yesterday that they won’t repair if I have an issue due to buying elsewhere.

Just because manufacturer says they have to does not mean they will unless it pays well. You will probably hear no fault found, that’s normal, or get a half ass sloppy repair.

Unfortunately this is also very possible even with your purchasing dealer.

Welcome to the lazy I don’t care 21rst century gen X,Y,&Z population.

Last edited:
My simple analogy: What if you bought a truck in one state, and then within the warranty period, you moved to another state? Same answer. I bought a Grand Cherokee brand new in SC and move to two different states within the warranty period, no issues.

For extended service contracts you just need to pay attention - some of them require in-state, or home dealership, or just CDJR branded, others are wide open to be serviced at any certified technician, etc - which to some is an advantage.

VERY rarely have we heard of customers having challenges getting original warranty work done elsewhere. Keep in mind the service manager has no financial ties to his sales manager, he gets paid on service billable hours and parts, as do his people. Now if they are so understaffed and backed up for work that they can't keep up - perhaps they may prioritize repeat customers, but to outright refuse work based on where vehicle was purchased is a pretty poor business plan - not just from PR standpoint but literally turning away billable work isn't what an owner would appreciate.

My simple analogy: What if you bought a truck in one state, and then within the warranty period, you moved to another state? Same answer. I bought a Grand Cherokee brand new in SC and move to two different states within the warranty period, no issues.

For extended service contracts you just need to pay attention - some of them require in-state, or home dealership, or just CDJR branded, others are wide open to be serviced at any certified technician, etc - which to some is an advantage.

VERY rarely have we heard of customers having challenges getting original warranty work done elsewhere. Keep in mind the service manager has no financial ties to his sales manager, he gets paid on service billable hours and parts, as do his people. Now if they are so understaffed and backed up for work that they can't keep up - perhaps they may prioritize repeat customers, but to outright refuse work based on where vehicle was purchased is a pretty poor business plan - not just from PR standpoint but literally turning away billable work isn't what an owner would appreciate.
What reputable extended warranties have you heard about?

For some reason some dealers will not want to do warranty work if you bought elsewhere. In my experience these dealers don’t discount sales, and are also the ones that jack up labor time for customer paid repairs. Just had one tell me yesterday that they won’t repair if I have an issue due to buying elsewhere.

Just because manufacturer says they have to does not mean they will unless it pays well. You will probably hear no fault found, that’s normal, or get a half ass sloppy repair.

Unfortunately this is also very possible even with your purchasing dealer.

Welcome to the lazy I don’t care 21rst century gen X,Y,&Z population.
I will add my $.02 on this as my 30+ years in the service industry (Aircraft, Marine and Automotive). The good dealers see it as an opportunity to add to the client list. Anthony is correct that the Service team is running the back of the store as a separate business from sales. Most good service departments are at max capacity and just trying to keep up with the flow. Although if you come in demanding, they as independent business would prefer to help the long time customers that appreciate the help. The automotive service department can be a thankless job trying to help customers on problems not created by them or designed by them. Although frustrating when you have a concern a little appreciation for the service department trying to help you goes a long way.

Whenever I hear that the new generation is lazy I invite them to my shop where the young guys and apprentices I have are working their A**es of every day to get the job done right.

What reputable extended warranties have you heard about?
We use Extended Service Contract (ESC) products from VERSANT that we offer through Louisiana Dealer Services (LDS). There are a lot of different coverage options for content, length, deductible, etc. To me one of the main benefits (if you couldn't tell) is that the work can be done by any certified automotive technician - NOT just a CDJR. Our finance managers work with customers to tailor the offerings and figure out the best way to achieve there goals - so we don't have a flat rate that I can broadcast for RHO specifically, etc - too many variables! Also, it's WAY outside my area of expertise LOL.

I will add my $.02 on this as my 30+ years in the service industry (Aircraft, Marine and Automotive). The good dealers see it as an opportunity to add to the client list. Anthony is correct that the Service team is running the back of the store as a separate business from sales. Most good service departments are at max capacity and just trying to keep up with the flow. Although if you come in demanding, they as independent business would prefer to help the long time customers that appreciate the help. The automotive service department can be a thankless job trying to help customers on problems not created by them or designed by them. Although frustrating when you have a concern a little appreciation for the service department trying to help you goes a long way.

Whenever I hear that the new generation is lazy I invite them to my shop where the young guys and apprentices I have are working their A**es of every day to get the job done right.
I started as a technician at a dealership in 1985 did that for 21 years now I am with an equipment manufacture that maintains dealership equipment. I’ve been around the industry for 40 years. You are very lucky and have a good staff then. I have seen too many that could tear up an anvil with a tack hammer.

Back