What's new

Maybe RAM will follow Ford on factory tune......

theguz66

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
Current Ride #2
'12 TTRS
Didn't see this posted here (but then again I didn't search very hard). Seems logical that this Ford factory tune would be headed to the Raptor as well - Hoping RAM will follow suit and have a 3yr/36 m warrantied tune for the HO...... but as much boost they are making already probably not adding 100 ft/lbs

1724975591879.png

I can’t see the transmission taking a ton more power. Doesn’t look like it’s a direct transfer from the TRX on the transmission, so for what it’s worth, we might be limited closer to what we’re getting out of the gate.

Good point. 8HP75 is close to its rated HP with HO engine. TRX has 8HP95 and still has some headroom beyond the Hellcat specs if I remember correctly

TRX transmission leaves 50 foot pounds of torque on the table. RO leaves 32 foot pounds of torque on the table. They are both pretty close. We see tons of claims of people adding several hundred horsepower to the TRX. I have not personally read or seen any of them talk about upgrading the transmission internals. I am not for a moment, suggesting that it would be fine.

TRX transmission leaves 50 foot pounds of torque on the table. RO leaves 32 foot pounds of torque on the table. They are both pretty close. We see tons of claims of people adding several hundred horsepower to the TRX. I have not personally read or seen any of them talk about upgrading the transmission internals. I am not for a moment, suggesting that it would be fine.
They can easily upgrade clutch packs in the trans to allow for massive power upgrades. True to the 75 and the 95 version of this trans

They can easily upgrade clutch packs in the trans to allow for massive power upgrades. True to the 75 and the 95 version of this trans
That is correct, but everybody seems to leave that part out.

At roadkill nights one of the contestants that did the hurricane swap exploded his transmission (Same transmission and motor we are getting from what I understand). To save you some time fast forward to about 22 minutes in and watch for about 5 minutes or so.

Didn't see this posted here (but then again I didn't search very hard). Seems logical that this Ford factory tune would be headed to the Raptor as well - Hoping RAM will follow suit and have a 3yr/36 m warrantied tune for the HO...... but as much boost they are making already probably not adding 100 ft/lbs

View attachment 503
Ford also doesn't seem to care about their transmissions. They offer a supercharger upgrade for the 5.0 engine which adds 250-300 HP and almost 200 ft-lbs of torque without touching their transmission, which is already less reliable than our German-origin ones.

It also ticks me off a bit, GMC did the same thing with their four cylinder turbo. Same exact engine, three different tunes for it. You want the higher tune, extra money. Its like buying a house, and oh, you wanted to use the third bedroom? That'll be extra. We know its already there, but you cannot use it until you pay more.

JB4/Burgertuning piggy back tune for the Jeep Grand Wagoneer is impressive. 100hp & 130 lb/ft gains on the HO Hurricane.

I guess time will tell if it's too much for the stock transmission.

Ford is smart to offer a factory tune & capture some of the market scooped up by the huge aftermarket/mod industry.

I'm assuming the specs always account for a percentage actual under what's reported for safety reasons so I'm wondering how far can the tranny be pushed?

Back