Misfire issues reported - 2025 RAM 1500

frogjbm

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
23 Ram 1500 Limited
Military
USN
Anthony, are you seeing any issues at your dealership with the 25’s coming in with misfire issues? Any idea how RAM is handling these issues? It’s happening to several folks.

Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_7330.png
    IMG_7330.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7331.png
    IMG_7331.png
    349 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7332.png
    IMG_7332.png
    466.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7333.png
    IMG_7333.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 163
I know this question was directed to Anthony, but I've been monitoring this issue on a daily basis. Here is what I gathered so far from 5th gen and FB.

Till today, there is not a real fix from RAM. They keep saying RAM is working on a software update, but nothing is out yet. No one knows what is triggering this misfire. Dealerships are replacing different parts, but no luck. Some owners are on their 3rd misfire. Not all 2025 RAMs are experiencing this. All these misfires are reported from the SO engine, nothing from the HO. Apparently RAM took few trucks back to headquarters to figure out what's wrong with it.

I know this question was directed to Anthony, but I've been monitoring this issue on a daily basis. Here is what I gathered so far from 5th gen and FB.

Till today, there is not a real fix from RAM. They keep saying RAM is working on a software update, but nothing is out yet. No one knows what is triggering this misfire. Dealerships are replacing different parts, but no luck. Some owners are on their 3rd misfire. Not all 2025 RAMs are experiencing this. All these misfires are reported from the SO engine, nothing from the HO. Apparently RAM took few trucks back to headquarters to figure out what's wrong with it.
Great feedback sir, thank you!

Very helpful link

Hey there - if you are going to ask a question to me directly please tag me by using the @ symbol Rather than just a name. I may not be the only Anthony on board and I may not read every thread every day. But if you go like this @AnthonyRI it will alert me.

On to the topic at hand no we really haven't seen this yet enough for it to cross my desk at all or that of the GSM.

While I intend to be as informed as possible on all things new Ram I'm also not able to opine about everything I read on FB/5thgen. This goes from rumored start/stop dates, potential issues, new colors, etc. In a very few cases, I've been educated by members of different forums ACTUALLY collect really valid data on a potential issue (Matt Barber on some HD issues). However it's otherwise very difficult to see how many people are actually having an issue versus talking about an issue, versus talking about talking about having an issue. It can be a very precarious position for me to suggest what RAM is or isn't doing or is going to do about a reported issue ... as that could be construed as a promise/warranty or agreement by our dealership, or by Ram, which would be way out of my paygrade.

If I'm going to make my opinion, I will be very clear on the fact that it is an opinion, though, sometimes I still can't help myself!

Hey there - if you are going to ask a question to me directly please tag me by using the @ symbol Rather than just a name. I may not be the only Anthony on board and I may not read every thread every day. But if you go like this @AnthonyRI it will alert me.

On to the topic at hand no we really haven't seen this yet enough for it to cross my desk at all or that of the GSM.

While I intend to be as informed as possible on all things new Ram I'm also not able to opine about everything I read on FB/5thgen. This goes from rumored start/stop dates, potential issues, new colors, etc. In a very few cases, I've been educated by members of different forums ACTUALLY collect really valid data on a potential issue (Matt Barber on some HD issues). However it's otherwise very difficult to see how many people are actually having an issue versus talking about an issue, versus talking about talking about having an issue. It can be a very precarious position for me to suggest what RAM is or isn't doing or is going to do about a reported issue ... as that could be construed as a promise/warranty or agreement by our dealership, or by Ram, which would be way out of my paygrade.

If I'm going to make my opinion, I will be very clear on the fact that it is an opinion, though, sometimes I still can't help myself!
Thanks Anthony, I thought I had tagged you, so thanks for letting me know it didn’t actually tag you. Appreciate your feedback. Was just curious the narrative behind these issues people are seeing, but understand the position you are in. Guess we wait and see.

Thanks Anthony, I thought I had tagged you, so thanks for letting me know it didn’t actually tag you. Appreciate your feedback. Was just curious the narrative behind these issues people are seeing, but understand the position you are in. Guess we wait and see.
Yeah we don't really get interim instructions or feedback/narrative from Stellantis.
It's all very pass or fail.
If there was service bulletin there's a service bulletin, there's no bulletin before the bulletin.

The only time we'd get a communication like that would be on a change in delivery/supply like "we have a rail shortage at XXX plant, we're going to ship some vehicles by barge or car carrier, expect different routing patterns" Otherwise it's do or do not lol.

Yeah we don't really get interim instructions or feedback/narrative from Stellantis.
It's all very pass or fail.
If there was service bulletin there's a service bulletin, there's no bulletin before the bulletin.

The only time we'd get a communication like that would be on a change in delivery/supply like "we have a rail shortage at XXX plant, we're going to ship some vehicles by barge or car carrier, expect different routing patterns" Otherwise it's do or do not lol.
Copy that man, makes sense. Thanks again!

So reviewing above, seems like the CEL/misfire code issue is SO only so far. Is that what most are seeing?

Also, in the Wagoneer forums there were some reports of some hurricane engine grenading after the thermostat failed. I saw one report of it in the 5thgen forums in a 1500 so far. Saw a video on it showing the thermostat and explaining a plastic inner piece warped and failed. Not sure if the Wagoneers are HO, SO or both..

Anybody hearing about this and whether Ram is replacing the thermostats going forward?

Also, Getty Adventures has a video mentioning the thermostat issue.

Apparently they tried to re-invent the thermostat. Instead of an inline single path it is a three way rotating valve.

I think until there is a service bulletin, It (misfire) is not recognized as a real problem. I wonder how many cases it takes to reach that point and issue corrective action?

I think until there is a service bulletin, It (misfire) is not recognized as a real problem. I wonder how many cases it takes to reach that point and issue corrective action?
Yea that’s concerning for sure, it’s a real problem and people are pissed, constantly taking their brand new trucks into the dealer just to be told absolutely nothing, zip, no solution. Unreal

Last edited:
There was a service bulletin for a airbox lid that was installed improperly and I have seen this in person. It caused the misfire and it was an obvious fix.

It looks like they have the misfire narrowed down to O2 sensors. The is a new bulletin dated in august for this. It may also damage the cat converter so it may need o2 sensors and cat converters to fix.

Both pretty minor and easy fixes. There was some discussion early that it was a software problem and that may still be the case.

Thermostats have been an issue on some also and it is a full day to replace them as they are under the turbos and just not as serviceable as previous thermostats.

All fixable and really not a show stopper for me. I do build and repair a lot of cars/trucks so I understand new design issues.

It is the new world of R&D, "Release and develop" instead of "research and develop".

Also FYI .. This is all related to the SO engine so may not even be a concern on the HO version ..

Last edited:
There was a service bulletin for a airbox lid that was installed improperly and I have seen this in person. It caused the misfire and it was an obvious fix.

It looks like they have the misfire narrowed down to O2 sensors. The is a new bulletin dated in august for this. It may also damage the cat converter so it may need o2 sensors and cat converters to fix.

Both pretty minor and easy fixes. There was some discussion early that it was a software problem and that may still be the case.

Thermostats have been an issue on some also and it is a full day to replace them as they are under the turbos and just not as serviceable as previous thermostats.

All fixable and really not a show stopper for me. I do build and repair a lot of cars/trucks so I understand new design issues.

It is the new world of R&D, "Release and develop" instead of "research and develop".

Also FYI .. This is all related to the SO engine so may not even be a concern on the HO version ..
Thanks for this update!

This thread was helpful. My 2025 RAM with under 600 miles blew the misfire P0300 code and subsequent cylinders 1-4-6.
I am taking it is in a few days for the dealer to look at it.

I haven't heard of misfires on the high-output motor. Is yours high output?

Yes, Mine has the 3.0-liter Hurricane High Output Straight-Six dual Turbo engine…

Back