Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Ram Rebel
Current Ride #2
Tesla Model Y
Military
Army
A local dealer that can’t do orders yet pulled the VIN I received for my RHO, and it’s to a Dodge Stratus. Has anyone else tried this at a dealer?

Just ask him for you vehicle order number and track it yourself. My guess is he did something wrong. 10th character is going to designate model year, so if he is only plugging in the last 8 of the vin it’s possible to see how it could happen - 2025 v 1995. Once when I called FCA to ask about the build status of my TRX they initially showed something similar, but the rep just made a typing error.

Just ask him for you vehicle order number and track it yourself. My guess is he did something wrong. 10th character is going to designate model year, so if he is only plugging in the last 8 of the vin it’s possible to see how it could happen - 2025 v 1995. Once when I called FCA to ask about the build status of my TRX they initially showed something similar, but the rep just made a typing error.

Yeah I just simply googled it. So I’m deleting this thread. This is why you can take orders bro lol

A local dealer that can’t do orders yet pulled the VIN I received for my RHO, and it’s to a Dodge Stratus. Has anyone else tried this at a dealer?
It’s been a recurring thing for the past few years - some VINs match up to older vehicles. Nothing to worry about.

Back