What's new

Okay, I'm gonna poke the 80-Ton gorilla in the room...

RADA

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Is anybody else worried about the financial state of Stellantis?

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I seriously love this truck, and I've been a Ford guy since I was 9 (56 in June.)

The TRX is amazing, but a 6-figure truck is insane...

Get nervous that Stellantis is gonna roll over and play dead.

I’m sure not everyone will agree. But I’m not worried at all.

Wasn't their profit 20b last year?

Record profits for 2023, share buy-backs and beyond substantial global market. Obviously, 2024 isn't going how any auto manufacturer wanted but it's the dip, duck, dive and dodge that is auto manufacturing. Maybe I'm missing something though, as your original post was vague.

I'd be more concerned about Boeing. I'd fly in a Wright brothers prototype biplane before putting my family in a Boeing ;)

I’m worried that all the money is going into the executive pockets and they are hollowing out CDJR like a private equity in a leveraged buy out.
So many good people have left the company and two brands have less than two models rightnow.

The company is profitable, and worldwide. They are likely just fine. There is a lot of arm chair analysis happening all over the place, but their stock is up, their EPS is good (1.43 vs Ford @ 0.33)

The forums are a terrible place to judge the health of a company. The vocal minority of the forums are upset about the death of the v8 by Stellantis and folks frustrated waiting on vehicles get to make up as many conspiracy theories as they want unchecked.

Stellantis really is a bargain for a lot of folks in their lower range, if you are looking for a cheap car, Dodge has remained consistently an appealing choice for folks looking to stretch their dollar. The strategy to retain models long after most manufacturers would have killed them and make small moving changes to keep them fresh was a brilliant move for the company. The death of the Hemi won't likely impact their appeal in this cohort and in the higher end the twin turbo I6 is comparable against rivals.

There is a lot of arm chair analysis happening all over the place, but their stock is up, their EPS is good (1.43 vs Ford @ 0.33)
Problem is that arm chair analysts have large platforms. I'm less concerned about forum posts, more about youtuber's who have to come up with SOMETHING terrifying to make people click on their little face and listen to them pick and choose which organizations to regurgitate from with little to no journalistic efforts of their own. Bad news sells papers, I'll keep saying it.

How do you measure success of a car company?

Now I've got plenty of gripes about Stellantis too.... but so would any dealer personnel about any manufacturer lol.

I have an extensive business background with some 20+ years as a financial analyst in similarly structured markets; don’t worry about it.

Back