What's new

Production to Shipping Lead Time

NICKDI3SEL

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the vehicle ordering game. Once a vehicle enters "Production", what's a typical lead time for it to be delivered to the dealer? I'm sure it varies greatly, but any ideas on the min/max?

Best,
Nick

1722975959129.png

Typically, the minimum is eight to twelve weeks.

Typically, the minimum is eight to twelve weeks.
No, that’s the extreme long end. Trucks are generally started and finished (on the production line) in 1-2 days. Best case, they fly through inspection and get on a train in another day. And further best case, it only takes 1-2 weeks to arrive (with transfers and such). The average is more like 3-4 weeks. It starts getting rather abnormal at around 5 weeks, and ridiculous at 6-8 weeks.

No, that’s the extreme long end. Trucks are generally started and finished (on the production line) in 1-2 days. Best case, they fly through inspection and get on a train in another day. And further best case, it only takes 1-2 weeks to arrive (with transfers and such). The average is more like 3-4 weeks. It starts getting rather abnormal at around 5 weeks, and ridiculous at 6-8 weeks.
Maybe I’m just the unluckiest dude around but I’ve ordered 3 Rams and 1 F-150 over the last 5 years, and they all took over 3 months. The longest was 9 months.

Maybe I’m just the unluckiest dude around but I’ve ordered 3 Rams and 1 F-150 over the last 5 years, and they all took over 3 months. The longest was 9 months.
Same here. Two Rams one BMW fastest one was the BMW at seven weeks.

From the time they entered production??? Or from the time you ordered?

From the time they entered production??? Or from the time you ordered?
For me was from the time from the time my order was received.

For me was from the time from the time my order was received.
Ok, that would make sense. The question that was asked was “enters production” to “delivered to dealer”.
Order-to-delivery will vary wildly. I would put the expected range between 4 weeks and 52 weeks, depending on a bazillion factors, including Union strikes and whether Mars is in retrograde.

My wife waited about 9 months for her 23 Expedition Limited Night Edition.

I’m pretty sure someone could make a tiny human in that much time.😂 And from things they probably already have lying around the house.

From Sterling Heights to dealers in the Southwest Business Center it took 18.9 days on average from July 2023 through July 2024.
Other plants took much longer, other regions could be longer or shorter.

But your question was from production to delivery, which I still have not answered...

Inspection can take a day, or weeks. Body vendor stop can take a day, or weeks.

Normally I tell customers once they are DONE with main production, you're within 3-5 weeks of delivery on AVERAGE but there is no guarantee.
Live your life, don't cancel your vacation or skip thanksgiving dinner, just do your thing and then the truck comes. Even once the truck gets to the last rail stop, anything can happen.

From Sterling Heights to dealers in the Southwest Business Center it took 18.9 days on average from July 2023 through July 2024.
Other plants took much longer, other regions could be longer or shorter.

But your question was from production to delivery, which I still have not answered...

Inspection can take a day, or weeks. Body vendor stop can take a day, or weeks.

Normally I tell customers once they are DONE with main production, you're within 3-5 weeks of delivery on AVERAGE but there is no guarantee.
Live your life, don't cancel your vacation or skip thanksgiving dinner, just do your thing and then the truck comes. Even once the truck gets to the last rail stop, anything can happen.
I am hearing rumors that the start date is going from Aug. 19 to Aug. 28. Any news??

I am hearing rumors that the start date is going from Aug. 19 to Aug. 28. Any news??
Chart we received on 8/1 still showed the 19th.
I would have liked to see more D1 by now across the board though.
Then again... I never expected any of these to arrive in Q3 lol

Chart we received on 8/1 still showed the 19th.
I would have liked to see more D1 by now across the board though.
Then again... I never expected any of these to arrive in Q3 lol
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for late October.

Something must be happening, my RHO now shows up on my tracker. It was there for sometime and then reverted to my original Tungsten build and tonight it went back to my RHO.

Here's an interesting replay from a Reddit thread regarding SHAP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813_220210_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20240813_220210_Reddit.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 128
Back