What's new

RAM DIGITAL KEY

Joe86

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM
Looks like RAM digital key is only available for iPhone users. On the website there is no mention of android users when it comes to digital key. I am an android user, and might have to switch to iPhone lol. I can't say that I don't care for this feature, but it's not the baggiest deal.

"Leave keys and key fobs behind—simply add an available digital key to a compatible iPhone® or Apple Watch® to access and start your truck without removing the smartphone from your pocket. Digital keys can be shared with other compatible Apple® devices, while the owner retains full control over access."

I was excited about the digital key also. Then I read you are required to pay a monthly fee for ram connect access after the free trial.

I was excited about the digital key also. Then I read you are required to pay a monthly fee for ram connect access after the free trial.
I currently have a GMC AT4 and it's the same thing. All brands require you to pay subscriptions now 💩

IGLA and Compustar probably won't be compatible.

I currently have a GMC AT4 and it's the same thing. All brands require you to pay subscriptions now 💩
Except for Tesla. I know folks on this forum feel a certain way about EVs… but man… that company figured out software like no one else in the automotive industry! Their phone app experience is unreal… phone as key is just the tip of the iceberg… and no subscription!

They do charge for other things like hands free driving correct?

They do charge for other things like hands free driving correct?
No.. and yes! Lol… Autopilot is free on every Tesla and it is pretty much equivalent to the driver assist you have to pay for with other brands… it’ll keep you in your lane (better than most humans can)! It’ll speed up and slow down with the flow of traffic. It’ll slam on the breaks for you and avoid an accident if the person in front of you slams on their breaks. It’s pretty great, honestly. Or, you can pay $99 a month for full self driving which is true autonomous driving: you put in the address where you are going to in the GPS and it gets you there with ZERO input from you — any city, any road, through construction zones, etc! It’s the future for sure, and so far ahead of the competitors it isn’t even funny. But it isn’t perfect and you have to monitor it. It gets confused (almost never now on my commutes but there are a couple of intersections it doesn’t like). And when it gets confused, you could die lol.

Back