What's new

Ram tops JD Powers initial quality survey for 2024 model year

RHOfan

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW X5 M50i
I’m impressed. Ram even beat Porsche!

Thought it was good news to share since many fear RHO quality might be lacking under Stellantis.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Here are the actual rankings by number of problems per 100 vehicles…

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 151
Here are the actual rankings by number of problems per 100 vehicles…
Though, I do remember when Lexus was under 100 problems per 100 vehicles…pretty sure it was 99 problems, back in the 90s.

Ram’s sister brand, Dodge, is at the effing bottom of the list lol…

Very interesting, I would've guessed that GMC and Chevy would be reversed. Also would've imagined Honda, Acura and Toyota would be better ranked from what I've been told my whole life.

Ram’s sister brand, Dodge, is at the effing bottom of the list lol…
If memory serves, this is one of the reasons why FCA broke the two apart many moons ago, as Dodge Rams were consistently better in quality, but Dodge cars dragged them down.

Very interesting, I would've guessed that GMC and Chevy would be reversed. Also would've imagined Honda, Acura and Toyota would be better ranked from what I've been told my whole life.
Keep in mind this is initial quality. They define that as problems reported in the first 90 days of ownership. Their reliability study looks at 3 years. (https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2024-us-vehicle-dependability-study-vds)

I wish they would track different types of quality defects. With all the tech in vehicles now, it is pretty normal to have a minor issue related to the technology. I'm not as concerned about the wireless Carplay dropping every once in awhile as I am about a lifter going out and putting my GMC in the shop for weeks.

I'm not as concerned about the wireless Carplay dropping every once in awhile as I am about a lifter going out and putting my GMC in the shop for weeks.
Well, you won't have to worry about CarPlay in future GM vehicles, since they are phasing out support for CarPlay and Android Auto across their lineup. ;)

Seriously though, I agree, I wish they would get a bit more specific.

Back