What's new

Raptor Forum throwing shade

BilletRHO

Founding Member āš™ļø
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Tremor
I had a good time reading through these pages on the Raptor Forums. Starts off as a lot of hate when the RHO news was released. Then some internal hate between regular raptors and R's and finally it looks like some people from the Raptor side may be coming around on the RHO. šŸ˜†

I own a gen 3 raptor... and I'm very pro ordering an rho... I have a laundry list of reasons. My raptor will probably eat an rho offroad... but most us raptor owners never go offroad anyways.

I own a gen 3 raptor... and I'm very pro ordering an rho... I have a laundry list of reasons. My raptor will probably eat an rho offroad... but most us raptor owners never go offroad anyways.
Eat is a bit harsh isnā€™t it? That RHO suspension packs some type of punch šŸ„Š , at least on paper. but hey Iā€™m no expert, just imagine that the RHO could hold its ground

What do you think the real world 0-60 RHO time will be? Ram claims 4.6 seconds. Awfully close to the TRX, seems a little optimistic. Someone on the raptor forum did the power to weight ratio between the eco raptor and rho and the raptor has it beat. The raptor 0-60 is mid 5s...

I agree, the Raptor will beat the RHO in a off-road/baja style race BUT the Raptor is on it's third generation. RHO still has a more improvement needed to hang with it. Maybe now that the front end is lighter, it'll have better suspension movement and better weight distribution.

What do you think the real world 0-60 RHO time will be? Ram claims 4.6 seconds. Awfully close to the TRX, seems a little optimistic. Someone on the raptor forum did the power to weight ratio between the eco raptor and rho and the raptor has it beat. The raptor 0-60 is mid 5s...

I read/heard somewhere that it'll be closer to 4.4 seconds because of the open element air filter that's being force feed fresh air from the hood scoop.

I owned 2 gen 2 Raptors for a total of about 50k cumulative miles. I enjoyed them. Good trucks and I never had one issue. I didnā€™t like the way it sounded at all. Very uninspiring ā€œbaaaahhhā€ at full throttle. I really liked my TRX a lot as well. Better than my Raptors other than fuel economy. I felt like a douche getting 9 mpg. The RHO is the best of both worlds to me. I like the Ram pickup better than the F150. I also think it looks better. The inline 6 should inherently sound better as well.

Eat is a bit harsh isnā€™t it? That RHO suspension packs some type of punch šŸ„Š , at least on paper. but hey Iā€™m no expert, just imagine that the RHO could hold its ground
As it was said above, the raptor has been around a long while now, the suspension and offroad chops are sorted... not to mention it's light compared to a RAM.

And until granite crystal becomes avaliable, I'm still a raptor owner... gotta throw some shade lol

Raptor? Never heard of her.

I love all the speculation on forums mostly based little on fact or experience and mainly emotion or just flat out shit talking. Especially the raptor forum lol. Coming from someone who has driven both heavily offroad, jumped both 100 plus feet in the desert, they are both top tier suspensions. Not one shines or is better or different in any factor. Both have the same travel, 5 link rear with panhandle bar, same same. Hard say the raptor is better offroad when they have identical suspension and the RHO/trx have 100+ more horsepower . Yes the ram weigh more but it adds alot of stability at high speed offroad which is what these trucks are made for. The raptor loses alot of stability when you start to build up speed with the lighter weight, the ram feels much kore planted. The raptor guys like to say Power doesn't matter in these trucks offroad, huh? this isnt a jeep rock crawler, it's a desert pre runner offroad supertruck, you want the power.

Fact of the matter is Raptor forum is big mad because the trx successor is still shitting on them and now for same money as a gen3 raptor lol. Don't even need to bring up interior, cam phasers, build quality, etc. Raptor R isn't even worth talking about at $150k + price tag and limited availability.

I own a 2012 gen 1 Raptor ordered it sep 13 of 2011. Love the truck itā€™s got style. When the gen 2 came out I liked the new head lights and grill but for some reason they decided to lessen the fenders. It had lost its sex appeal, But I was happy because they saved me a bunch of money. Then the gen 3 came out and I wanted so bad to like it, but I just couldnā€™t. Somehow they made it even boxier. The TRX came out and I was in love again, but wanted to wait a year for it to prove itself. About that time the prices went nuts. I also was pretty sure I didnā€™t need that much power either. And I was absolutely sure my wife didnā€™t. I thought an NA 6.4 hemi would be awesome more reasonable priced and better on fuel if they would just make it. So I waited for something new to show up on the horizon. Lo and behold the RHO came blasting over that horizon. Everything I wished for they just went about it in a little different way with the hurricane. Took me about a week to realize I would be a fool not to order one, especially at the price they were coming out at. Ordered ours 5/10 it will have a spot right next to the gen 1 Raptor thatā€™s not going anywhere for the time being.

I own a 2012 gen 1 Raptor ordered it sep 13 of 2011. Love the truck itā€™s got style. When the gen 2 came out I liked the new head lights and grill but for some reason they decided to lessen the fenders. It had lost its sex appeal, But I was happy because they saved me a bunch of money. Then the gen 3 came out and I wanted so bad to like it, but I just couldnā€™t. Somehow they made it even boxier. The TRX came out and I was in love again, but wanted to wait a year for it to prove itself. About that time the prices went nuts. I also was pretty sure I didnā€™t need that much power either. And I was absolutely sure my wife didnā€™t. I thought an NA 6.4 hemi would be awesome more reasonable priced and better on fuel if they would just make it. So I waited for something new to show up on the horizon. Lo and behold the RHO came blasting over that horizon. Everything I wished for they just went about it in a little different way with the hurricane. Took me about a week to realize I would be a fool not to order one, especially at the price they were coming out at. Ordered ours 5/10 it will have a spot right next to the gen 1 Raptor thatā€™s not going anywhere for the time being.
I was in a similar situation to yours. Had a 2013 Gen 1 raptor that I bought in 2021. Had 46k miles when I bought it and I sold it the day the RHO was announced with 127k miles. Was looking at TRX's, Gen 3 Raptors, but could not find a reasonable dealer that would sell for MSRP. RHO made too much sense and ordered the RHO like 2 days after announcement.

Back