What's new

RHO Exhaust Sound.. Has anyone heard it?

motoinsured

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tundra TRD Pro
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT4
The new truck looks awesome and after owning two TRX, the Hurricane driven RHO with less weight and similar performance numbers and better mpg is welcomed! But there's just one item left before it can receive the full approval and that's the exhaust note. Has anyone found anything that allows us to hear what this new production version of the truck will sound like?

Anyone else curious why the release video didn't let us hear the truck once?

My assumption is that they were still tweaking it. Hopefully that’s the case and not because it’s laughable.

My assumption is that they were still tweaking it. Hopefully that’s the case and not because it’s laughable.
My thought exactly. Hoping it doesn't sound like the Raptor v6 weed whacker. I've had the S58 bmw twin turbo I6 and it's sound was respectable. Hopefully the RHO is similar.

This video on youtube of a test mule driving around it sounds really good .. IMO

This video on youtube of a test mule driving around it sounds really good .. IMO

Not a fan.

I'd prefer it just be what is and I'd be happy with subtle 90's supra tones. I don't need everyone to hear me coming and certainly didn't love the fake sound pumped through speakers in TRD Pro Tundra to try and beef it up, LOL.

Not a fan.

I'd prefer it just be what is and I'd be happy with subtle 90's supra tones. I don't need everyone to hear me coming and certainly didn't love the fake sound pumped through speakers in TRD Pro Tundra to try and beef it up, LOL.
IMO, inline 6's and 4 cylinders should only be made with a single exhaust. A straight six is a great sounding engine in most cases. When you split the exhaust, I think it degrades it but since I ordered one, I am hoping for the best.

Chris

Not a fan.

I'm in a Tundra pro now. One of the first mods was turning that goofy fake sound off. Let it be what it is. The fake sound made the experience worse.

From that video, it sounds pretty good after he makes that left turn. Imagine when some aftermarket exhaust kits come out...

I love the rumble of my 5.7 hemi but I won’t mind if the RHO is quiet like the review trucks so far on YouTube. I’d prefer a quiet truck to a strange exhaust note tbh

Don’t care for the drone sound. Never been a fan of switchable exhaust notes before but in this case, I hope they have a quiet selection that just plain doesn’t sound like anything.

Well.. TFL Trucks tested and compared a few American trucks and recorded the exhaust sound… here is how a production model Hurricane High Output on then Limited sounds:

Go to 19:00… their response: “that’s pretty depressing.. I’ve heard 4 and 3 bangers with more powerful sound” lol

Ram appears to be using as much of the TRX components as possible on the RHO. Makes sense to keep costs down.

I’m sure the exhaust will be different, at least in the section immediately after the engine since we are talking I6 vs V8. But from the video of the RHO mule accelerating down a side road, it’s obvious they were going after volume, hence the huge exhaust tips & large twin pipes from the TRX.

Personally, I’d rather have a quiet exhaust, but the RHO is being marketed as a performance truck. Heck, it’s got launch control. So, I’m expecting it to sound like a turbocharged, 2 stroke, big bore weed whacker (like the original Raptor).

At some point, someone will make a 2 into 1 system & tune it to sound more like a BMW M3/4 or Supra. That will be nice.

Last edited:
Ram appears to be using as much of the TRX components as possible on the RHO. Makes sense to keep costs down.

I’m sure the exhaust will be different, at least in the section immediately after the engine since we are talking I6 vs V8. But from the video of the RHO mule accelerating down a side road, it’s obvious they were going after volume, hence the huge exhaust tips & large twin pipes from the TRX.

Personally, I’d rather have a quiet exhaust, but the RHO is being marketed as a performance truck. Heck, it’s got launch control. So, I’m expecting it to sound like a turbocharged, 2 stroke weed whacker (like the original Raptor).

At some point, someone will make a 2 into 1 system & tune it to sound more like a BMW M3/4 or Supra. That will be nice.
What are you gonna do get a different bumper or just have one dead pipe sticking out the back?

Personally, I’d rather have a quiet exhaust, but the RHO is being marketed as a performance truck. Heck, it’s got launch control. So, I’m expecting it to sound like a turbocharged, 2 stroke weed whacker (like the original Raptor).

This would be great. There’s no match for the v8 sounds. We all know that. But we know it’s not a TRX. It’s an RHO.

I don’t expect it to sound like a TRX, but I would welcome the sound of an exotic to the truck.

Hopefully we see options for this relatively soon. Anyone know How long it took for aftermarket exhaust to come out for the TRX?

What are you gonna do get a different bumper or just have one dead pipe sticking out the back?

Somebody smarter than me will figure that out. But, I thought the same things as I typed my original post.

Buddy of mine sent me this YouTube video allegedly the RHO exhaust. Unsure if it’s real or not, seems like it’s a pretty old video.

Dang!! I'm disappointed. sounds like straight pipe 4 cylinder lol, reminds me of my Honda accord.
I believe that there is exhaust modes " smiler to Fords active exhaust system". Hopefully they had it on quite setting lol.
looks like RHO. I can see the markers lights. This video was posted last November, hopefully they had enough time to work on it.

I agree! It sounds so much different than the other mule videos out there. Almost makes me think it’s a troll video with audio added from a different vehicle. At least I hope that’s the case.

Back