What's new

RHO haters

Torquef

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
So many of the TRX enthusiasts hate losing the 702 hp v8 engine and they are very vocal about it. I wonder how many would have complained if the Hurricane would have had 1,000 hp?

I dunno! But I’m sure it feels like crap to spend north of $100K and then have the truck be worth $80K in a year. Don’t see an RHO losing $20K in value in one year. I know that wasn’t the case the first few years for the TRX, but it’s the reality of it now. So long story short, feel free to hate. 540HP gets you anywhere and everywhere you need to go in a hurry. Likely tunable plenty higher for those willing to play roulette with it.

People will complain no matter what. LOL. All 5+ of my buddies with Trx are stoked on the RHO and plan on being there next ride. same truck, more features, double mpg, same 0-60, and so on. If you want a 1000 hp trx there are plenty to go around. Most people who actually offroad there trucks (why these trucks exists) dont want 1000 hp, sub 10 mpg. more power is just adding wheelspin and detracting offroad performance and range really limits where you can go. But i do wish they would have continued the TRX with a 1000 hp model for the people that do want it and to spank the raptor R! Then do the RHO as well. Thank the EPA. haha

My initial thought was that the TRX value was going to stay high after it was discontinued, and that the RHO would be viewed as a lesser replacement, but now I’m seeing that the RHO is actually gonna hurt TRX resell value because it offers enough upside at such a great cost.

My initial thought was that the TRX value was going to stay high after it was discontinued, and that the RHO would be viewed as a lesser replacement, but now I’m seeing that the RHO is actually gonna hurt TRX resell value because it offers enough upside at such a great cost.
You can get a "deal" on the TRX right now. 2022s with under 24k miles for $80kish. RHO will hurt TRX. And after a tune, the RHO will get 700hp too if I had to guess.

Lets not forget that an incredible # of the TRX lover / RHO hater are people who have had and will have neither.
The internet lets you be whoever you'd like to be. I mean, my name isn't even MARK.

I’m not a RHO hater, but I am a TRX lover. I’ve spent enough time on both forums to say that the biggest disappointment from the general TRX crowd is the loss of apex-predator status. It’s hard to step down on power, even if the 0-60 times are similar. Ram is backing down from the fight with Ford, and that sets a lot of people off (those who bought the TRX because it one-upped the Raptor).
The other big comment I see from the TRX crowd is the dislike of sounding like the trombone-exhaust Raptor. Even I can agree with this concern…not sure I can give up the sound of the TRX exhaust.

I’m not a RHO hater, but I am a TRX lover. I’ve spent enough time on both forums to say that the biggest disappointment from the general TRX crowd is the loss of apex-predator status. It’s hard to step down on power, even if the 0-60 times are similar. Ram is backing down from the fight with Ford, and that sets a lot of people off (those who bought the TRX because it one-upped the Raptor).
The other big comment I see from the TRX crowd is the dislike of sounding like the trombone-exhaust Raptor. Even I can agree with this concern…not sure I can give up the sound of the TRX exhaust.
I agree with you. The power is the biggest gripe. I'll miss the sound too. Not the volume.

I don’t think they are backing down at all. They are putting out the RHO thats better than the Raptor. And the TRX is not gone it will be back with even more power (CatX) not that it needed it to stay ahead of the Raptor R.

Last edited:
Back