Tow mirrors on RHO

Eighty

Dream Killer
Staff member
Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX
One of the test mules out there (pictured below) has the new tow mirrors. I'm wondering how everyone collectively feels about them. Personally, I don't think they're attractive - especially on a go-fast truck like the TRX or RHO. I have the old-style tow mirrors on my TRX, and while they're fairly bulky they at least look slightly aerodynamic and sleek. These new mirrors just look to chunky too me. Thoughts?

1699636133883.png

I agree, I much prefer the look of the TRX without the towing mirrors. However, I don't think the design of the new towing mirrors are all that bad, especially compared to towing mirrors offered by Chevy/GM. I'm not a fan of that design at all!

silverado1500-powered-heated-manual-extendable-towing-mirrors.jpg

I like the new mirrors more. The outgoing ram tow mirrors just felt unnatural. Convex on the side just felt awk and harder to use. The orientation of the GM/Ford mirrors with convex at the bottom is more functional in my opinion. I am all for this change

That's a good point. I also find the convex section on the side mirror harder to use, especially if you're use to it being located at the bottom.

I have the tow mirrors on my truck - have only used them once in moose mode. For everyday driving, flipped down, they still look fairly presentable. That’s the part that bugs me - these new mirrors will always be in moose mode as far as I can tell.

I plan on towing the boat and off-road race cars occasionally so I got the tow mirrors. I have a dually and found the tow mirrors make it much easier to see past the fenders. With the RHO wide fenders it will also be a much better picture of what's behind you .. I do agree the standard mirror looks better but the tow mirrors to be very functional.

I will need the tow mirrors for my rig setup. But I don’t mind the look off them at all. I actually like the way the towing mirrors looks on the TRX better than the standard mirrors. So pretty sure I will like the look of these mirrors too over the standard ones too.

Tow Mirrors were a must for me, it's a PITA dealing with a travel trailer without them. I'm just glad these are powered.

One of the test mules out there (pictured below) has the new tow mirrors. I'm wondering how everyone collectively feels about them. Personally, I don't think they're attractive - especially on a go-fast truck like the TRX or RHO. I have the old-style tow mirrors on my TRX, and while they're fairly bulky they at least look slightly aerodynamic and sleek. These new mirrors just look to chunky too me. Thoughts?

View attachment 7
I’m with you. I don’t like them at all. Too chunky and goddy looking. Now if you’re towing bunch then do it. Sure they help. If not. You’ll survive with out them.

For comparison purposes, here are some similar pics.

Old tow mirrors.

1715131581214.png

1715131641927.png

New tow mirrors:

1715131716446.png

I'm hoping it is one of those situations where it looks better in person

Got my confirmation page, I'll say at least in this pic, I don't hate them.

1715283669568.png

They look good from this angle also .. Glad I ordered them now as I was on the fence before ..
rhotowmirrior.png

I wonder if that weird texture is a quirk of the computer-generated image, or if the mirrors will actually look like this.

1715288514954.png

I got the texture on my ride as well. Gonna be exciting to try and wrap the rhino skinned mirrors.

Towing mirrors to me are all about Function over form, that being said, These look right at home on the truck to my eyes.

Attachments

• My Rhino.jpg
    My Rhino.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 71
I like the standard mirrors better but the towing mirrors really are handy. I've been using the big tow mirrors for my 3/4 ton Rams since 2006 and they really spoil you - especially when towing; image that. 😄 I like the new convex mirrors on the bottom and they're power adjustable. I ordered my RHO with the tow mirrors.

Got my confirmation page, I'll say at least in this pic, I don't hate them.

View attachment 93
Not to hijack the thread, but when you say you got your confirmation page, I'm assuming that means you have an actual VIN now and you were sent this image of your build?

I'm assuming those are the standard wheels? They look nice, and I'm glad since that's what I ordered. :ROFLMAO:

Not to hijack the thread, but when you say you got your confirmation page, I'm assuming that means you have an actual VIN now and you were sent this image of your build?

I'm assuming those are the standard wheels? They look nice, and I'm glad since that's what I ordered. :ROFLMAO:
No vin yet, but eventually you should get an email from Ram to the email you provided the dealer that will confirm your order, have a picture estimate of what your truck should look like, and have a progress bar like ordering a dominos pizza to let you know how far in the process you are.

Yeah the wheels are the same as the TRX base wheels, which I am happy with, they were great looking wheels.

No vin yet, but eventually you should get an email from Ram to the email you provided the dealer that will confirm your order, have a picture estimate of what your truck should look like, and have a progress bar like ordering a dominos pizza to let you know how far in the process you are.

Yeah the wheels are the same as the TRX base wheels, which I am happy with, they were great looking wheels.
Ahhh. Excellent information, thank you!

Back