Trail maps service

Lancer-AM

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2010 Ram 1500 Laramie
Current Ride #2
2006 Pontiac GTO
For those that have been offloading, what trail map service have you been using and do you like it? Any that offer maps within AA or CP? Do you have a trail you are planning to hit as soon as your RHO arrives?

I’ve been using OnX Offroad and I really like it. If you’re going off the grid you can pre-download the map while still have service so it still functions while off grid

onx off-road is the only one that I have heard of but I am interested in this as well.

For those that have been offloading, what trail map service have you been using and do you like it? Any that offer maps within AA or CP? Do you have a trail you are planning to hit as soon as your RHO arrives?
So I’m big into SxS off-roading. Lifetime Trail Maps may be a good option. Many of the eastern trails will not be a good fit for our RHOs but the west coast trails would be a good fit.

So probably going to sound like a total noob here but.. for someothing like onX.. I know you download the app but will this display on our giant 14 inch screen via CarPlay? Or do you just use it on the phone screen when you are off adventuring on a trail?? (mostly drive a Tesla and barely use CarPlay on my jeep so I am kind of a CarPlay noob)

So probably going to sound like a total noob here but.. for someothing like onX.. I know you download the app but will this display on our giant 14 inch screen via CarPlay? Or do you just use it on the phone screen when you are off adventuring on a trail?? (mostly drive a Tesla and barely use CarPlay on my jeep so I am kind of a CarPlay noob)
This will be my first RAM so I can’t speak specifically to the Uconnect system, but I used OnX with CarPlay in my Gen 1 Raptor (factory Ford Sync 3 upgrade) and it worked just fine

This will be my first RAM so I can’t speak specifically to the Uconnect system, but I used OnX with CarPlay in my Gen 1 Raptor (factory Ford Sync 3 upgrade) and it worked just fine
Aaaah fantastic! Thank you.

Another option that I have used and loved for about 10 years is GAIA. Perfect for offroad, dirt biking , hunting and everything really. Has every single thing onX has plus more map layers and features, and less single sport oriented (there is one app you pay for and get everything vs onx offroad, hunt, etc. All being separate apps). Works with Uconnect also!

OnX does offer carplay support. I've noticed the map is a little buggy and mine flickers alot in a certain view. It does look great on the big screen though!

Keep an eye out because they run sales all the time on their subscriptions. I just got an email today for 40% off with the code "MDAY40"

onx-carplay-app.jpg

Back