What's new

TRX (and presumably RHO) frame is next level tough!

RHOfan

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW X5 M50i
I post this video for one reason…

It’s proof the TRX frame (presumably the same frame under the RHO) is incredibly tough!

The video is about the off-road recovery of a TRX that backed off a 200+’ cliff. According to witnesses, the TRX 1st impacted a ledge about 25’ below the trail with its rear bumper. The vehicle then flipped & fell to the bottom of the gorge, landing front end 1st.

Miraculously, the driver & his dog survived (with injuries). His survival was attributable to two factors:

1. Luck…had the vehicle landed on its roof, survival would have been unlikely

2. The TRX frame held up to tremendous impact force, allowing the passenger compartment to maintain some integrity.

You see, most vehicles that fall 200’ & land on either front or back ends will end up a pile of twisted scrap metal, probably unrecognizable as a car or truck. The TRX frame is on another level!

Enjoy!

That was pretty crazy, check out the discussion on the TRX forum for some additional details on the location:

Such an insane video. Rory is such a great recovery guy, super nice in person too. I cannot believe the driver survived that. testament to the durability of these trucks.

To put that fall in perspective…

1723592798644.png

Back