What's new

Two Orders at the Same Time

yuppie

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tesla Model Y
Bad form? Dickhead move? Should I place two orders at different dealerships and see which one arrives first?

I recently moved from Oregon (no sales tax) to Arizona. I placed my RHO order at the Oregon dealership before the move, would have to get it shipped from there to here upon arrival.

Here in AZ, I live right across the street from a RAM dealership and I'm wondering if I should see if they can match the price from Orgeon... Should I just cancel Oregon and pay the sales tax to avoid the shipping? Should I place the AZ order and just see which one shows up first?

Can you even do that? What's the hit to you $1000 if you cancel one?

Bad form? Dickhead move? Should I place two orders at different dealerships and see which one arrives first?

I recently moved from Oregon (no sales tax) to Arizona. I placed my RHO order at the Oregon dealership before the move, would have to get it shipped from there to here upon arrival.

Here in AZ, I live right across the street from a RAM dealership and I'm wondering if I should see if they can match the price from Orgeon... Should I just cancel Oregon and pay the sales tax to avoid the shipping? Should I place the AZ order and just see which one shows up first?
Move back to Oregon. The savings on registration and tags alone will be worth it.😂

You pay sales tax where the vehicle is registered, not where the dealership is located.

If you buy in Oregon, ship to AZ, and register in AZ, you're paying shipping and sales tax.
If you walk on your Oregon order , Order in AZ, you're paying sales tax & lost deposit (if non-refundable)
If you still have residence in Oregon, you should buy in AZ, register Oregon, and pay neither sales tax nor shipping.

Not an inappropriate move if you're up front with the OR dealer and either eat your deposit or tell them ASAP so they can try to cancel it, which may or may not work, but if you're working within the agreement that you ordered then so be it. Sales tax is about three times what it's going to cost you to ship - so this only becomes relevant if you still have a residence you can register the vehicle in OR, and not have to re-plate it in AZ and pay sales tax there again soon - that's some details you'd have to find with the DMV in AZ as well.... and they LOVE hypothetical questions of tax dodging lol.

I'm checking on the $1000 deposit cancellation now to see if I can get that back. AZ dealership is quoting me $4K over what the OR dealership did... I wonder if I can get them to knock that $4K off if I use some of their financing or something?

I'm checking on the $1000 deposit cancellation now to see if I can get that back. AZ dealership is quoting me $4K over what the OR dealership did... I wonder if I can get them to knock that $4K off if I use some of their financing or something?
Can you still reg in OR? If that residence is long gone it brings those figures closer together.

Which OR dealership did you order through, and how good was the deal if you don't mind me asking. I'm near Portland, just across the river in WA state but need to stay local because of my trade but not finding the 10K off kind of deals anywhere local to the PNW.

Know what I would do with a million dollars? Two orders at the same time.
1000005973.jpg

Last edited:
Which OR dealership did you order through, and how good was the deal if you don't mind me asking. I'm near Portland, just across the river in WA state but need to stay local because of my trade but not finding the 10K off kind of deals anywhere local to the PNW.
Tonkin, I think they gave like $7K off.

Alright, I contacted the OR dealership and explained the situation, they're going to just get the truck delivered to a dealership near me in AZ, no other changes required on my part.

Crazy, I didn’t pay a deposit. Free 99

Back