What's new

What the Ram RHO needs to do to be a Success?

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
I thought it be cool to start a thread about what the new RAM RHO needs to do to be a desirable success. Maybe Ram passes by and takes notes :cool:

540hp twin-turbo V6 is still a nicely powered engine. 90hp up on the V6 Raptor. What do they need to offer with this truck to be a hit.

Some things I think it needs to do:
-Start around 75k and offer the same allocation process the TRX had from 2021-2023 where you can order from any dealer i.e volume forum dealers for a smooth and easy buying experience. Basically don't relegate us to have the same miserable buying experience Ford has with the Raptor with controlled allocation for endless dealer mark up. Make buying this truck fun and easy.
-Forged internals. If they give the hurricane engine in the TRX forged internals over what the normal 1500s get....giving it the tuning capability and reliability of the modern BMW M2/M3/M4 which are a tune away from a reliable 10 second car.....let the TRX in the aftermarket or in stage packs push 600s reliably without a ton of mods needed
-Power steps as a check box......thousands of TRX owners went with oem power steps. Any notion that the off road truck buyer doesn't want power steps I think is dated. Make it an easy selectable package option
-No AFM or Auto-Start Stop.....Don't have a 4 cylinder mode and don't have auto stop start or at least don't make it turn back on every time you start the truck up
-Loud Turbos....we lost the supercharger whine and V8 exhaust....give us something lol. Nothing can be done to make a V6 exhaust sound great so keep the exhaust moderate to mellow and make the turbos sing a little

What else do others think must happen to the RHO to make it competitive and desirable?

A lot depends on pricing for me. I definitely will not pay what i didn’t for my current Ram for any new vehicle. I did happen to look on auto trader for current new normal raptor to gauge what i could be paying for the rho. The prices are Fing insane. Cheaper one i found was 80k with some going up to 113k.

If a nicely equipped RAM RHO is priced lower than the V6 Raptor, it could be a major win for RAM. This could be especially true if the ordering process is easy and streamlined as @JumpSquadAuto mentioned.

- Full integration with the next generation of Apple Carplay
- Better 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times then the Ecoboost Raptor!
- Factory 37" tire option

I'm interested to see if there is much of a weight savings compared to the TRX. This might help give it more of a nimble driving experience.

If a nicely equipped RAM RHO is priced lower than the V6 Raptor, it could be a major win for RAM. This could be especially true if the ordering process is easy and streamlined as @JumpSquadAuto mentioned.

- Full integration with the next generation of Apple Carplay
- Better 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times then the Ecoboost Raptor!
- Factory 37" tire option

I'm interested to see if there is much of a weight savings compared to the TRX. This might help give it more of a nimble driving experience.
Good point on the nimble aspect. Has it been disclosed if it is 2WD like the V6 raptor or 4 wheels like the TRX? I don't think the official PR clarified that.

2wd capability would be good to have.
Good exhaust sound (unfortunately not v8).
Adjustable suspension height similar to Ram Longhorns.
No branding iron on center console! Lol

Would anyone consider the 2-kilowatt inverter if it were available as an option?

What I think,
Needs rambox on the wide body. Better price and buying experience. Needs the 35 or 37. More cameras, front bumper, trailer, bed cam. Needs auto lock function when key fob walks away. Tailgate close button. Better inverter. Power steps. Outlet in the bed with rambox ( works while driving to recharge electric Genny). Mustache grill. Aux switches. Bigger fuel tank.

What I think,
Needs rambox on the wide body. Better price and buying experience. Needs the 35 or 37. More cameras, front bumper, trailer, bed cam. Needs auto lock function when key fob walks away. Tailgate close button. Better inverter. Power steps. Outlet in the bed with rambox ( works while driving to recharge electric Genny). Mustache grill. Aux switches. Bigger fuel tank.
Also I think they really need to move to a 10 speed transmission. The 8s gearing can be a little too long in the low end.

Since the RHO is the more tame and modern version of the TRX......kind of hoping the RHO gets self driving hwy cruise. Just did 3000 miles and used super cruise for long night time highway driving and its a game changer. This is coming from a guy who hates cruise control and never have used it in several years.......about time Stellantis offers something like Blue Cruise or Super Cruise.

If they dial in the new suspension, give it 4.10 gears, 2 wheel High, keep the price in check and a decent sounding exhaust tone, it will be a good contender for the V6 Raptor sales.

Since the RHO is the more tame and modern version of the TRX......kind of hoping the RHO gets self driving hwy cruise. Just did 3000 miles and used super cruise for long night time highway driving and its a game changer. This is coming from a guy who hates cruise control and never have used it in several years.......about time Stellantis offers something like Blue Cruise or Super Cruise.

I make a 1200 mile round trip every few months to check on properties I have in another state. Having something like that would be nice, just not sure if I would trust my life with it..lol

I make a 1200 mile round trip every few months to check on properties I have in another state. Having something like that would be nice, just not sure if I would trust my life with it..lol
Haha. I dont trust it in traffic or around a lot of other cars. definitely has left me in the middle of two lanes confused on where it wants to be....

Back