37 Tire Package

Nitro

ram.raɪ.noʊ
Staff member
Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
23 StormTrooper TRX
Do you think RAM will offer a 37" tire package on the RHO? If not, anyone plan on upgrading to 37s right away?

In that video today they said it'll fit no problems but I'd think so because they essentially just did a face lift and engine swap on a TRX.

35" tires barely look adequate on the RHO, IMO. 37" look much better.

I guess I'm weighing taking off/selling perfectly good OEM 35" tires & going to 37" right away.

Can 17" wheels fit in the RHO? I'm a fan of taller sidewall/meaty tires & smaller wheels.

I guess I'm weighing taking off/selling perfectly good OEM 35" tires & going to 37" right away.

Can 17" wheels fit in the RHO? I'm a fan of taller sidewall/meaty tires & smaller wheels.
Think the brakes are too big for comfort to fit 17s

No, 18" is the smallest size rim you can put on theses trucks.

I wonder if 37x 13.5 on 0 offset methods would fit for off-roading.
Nitto ridge grappler offer that size on load range D.. that would be really nice on the truck.

As Dcchris311 pointed out, 18" is the smallest wheel size supported. I think this is the same across the entire lineup, from Tradesman to Tungsten and TRX

I also myself and grappling with the idea of removing my OEM 35's right away. I may either go with 18" Black Rhino Rapid's and keep the OEM tires, or go completely nuclear on the OEMs and get my preferred 35|37" brand and some 20's but not exactly right away.

One of the things I like about the RHO option in general is the slightly better gas mileage than the TRX that is reported. With 37's already on my Jeep, it was one of the few things that helped me justify my purchase with my wife 😅. So, saying this to say, I'm planning to do at least a trip or 2 in the OEMs before making my decision. Hopefully by that time we can get some info from those out there that swapped early on and recommendations on good setups (hint hint @everyone in the thread). At least that's the plan..

From a current TRX owner, the factory wheel/tire size makes highway rides up to 80MPH reasonably stable & comfortable. Above that speed, fast lane changes get a little sloppy & feel unstable due to the sidewall flex combined with suspension float. If you like to cruise over 80MPH, upgrading to 20” wheels with shorter sidewall tires is a necessity.

I would guess 37’s would be available for a future higher output version. Like the Raptor. Unless Ram can fit 38s or 40s.

Besides appearances, I think 37s have too many drawbacks to consider for daily use.

Drove a raptor w/ 37 package and it felt incredibly sluggish and sloppy.

Do you think RAM will offer a 37" tire package on the RHO? If not, anyone plan on upgrading to 37s right away?
Re: 37s. Doubtful for RHO, but maybe with gen II TRX. If they are true 37s, a matching spare would be an issue without either a bed mount or some re-engineering underneath. I'm going 20x9.5 wheel with hopefully around a +7mm offset with a 325/60/20 (35.4" tall) -- about .8" taller than 325/65/18. I'll keep OEM set for winter - or just sell them.

Re: 37s. Doubtful for RHO, but maybe with gen II TRX. If they are true 37s, a matching spare would be an issue without either a bed mount or some re-engineering underneath. I'm going 20x9.5 wheel with hopefully around a +7mm offset with a 325/60/20 (35.4" tall) -- about .8" taller than 325/65/18. I'll keep OEM set for winter - or just sell them.
I have true 37s on my TRX. For the TRX, all you need to do is take out the heat shield and it fits without any issues. Clears the track bar, at full tire pressure, by around 1/2". Wouldn't take much for them to make it work.

Buy a Raptor. lol.

Ha Ha my wife's grocery getter is on 37s. The Mojave is so much better on them, 37s on the RHO is a must IMO .. besides the 37 is the new 35 lol ..

I have true 37s on my TRX. For the TRX, all you need to do is take out the heat shield and it fits without any issues. Clears the track bar, at full tire pressure, by around 1/2". Wouldn't take much for them to make it work.
Good to know. Thanks for the info! Maybe for once I'll actually have a matching spare tire on board. I have never had a matching spare for my tundra - for almost 15 years now.

Good to know. Thanks for the info! Maybe for once I'll actually have a matching spare tire on board. I have never had a matching spare for my tundra - for almost 15 years now.
Absolutely. I ran the truck for 2 years with a 35 under the bed but I chase for a team in Baja and didn't want to risk getting stuck in Mexico. I waited that long and it took all of 10 minutes to get the 37 under there. I'll be curious how the exhaust is ran on the RHO in comparison to the TRX. That and the track bar are the closest things to the spare.

I'm throwing my 37's on my RHO, these exact wheels/tires when I pick mine up.

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 60
No lifting due to rubbing?
No rubbing on Aero mode and higher. Exit level, yes absolutely . Mine has a 6” lift kit, but from I’ve researched, technically 37’s and 20” rims will fit on the RHO stock, as they do TRX, but I’m doing a 1.5” level kit on the front immediately anyway so it will be a non issue.

Cool, I haven't decided yet so I'll follow what you're doing. Post pics in about 8 months when we get our trucks. :ROFLMAO:

Back