What's new

Came so close to putting a TRX in the driveway this weekend...

RADA

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Military
USAF
I was at a birthday party for one of my youngest daughter's school friends, and started talking with another attendee.

His brother has a Hydro Blue Metallic (is this a real color? The Hydro was non-metallic. Have to look online.) 2024 LOADED TRX he's trying sell.

I have no idea what options come with a TRX, but the pictures were impressive.

He has another kiddo on the way and wants exactly what he owes, or to transfer the loan.

The truck is freaking beautiful, with less than 5000 miles on it. I almost said yes, but was shocked that he still owes little over 100-Large on this truck.

While I could afford the payment, my hands get all twitchy and I get wooglely in the stomach at the thought of owing a hundred grand on ANY vehicle.

I'll keep saving and waiting on the VA to pay me what they owe me (Nov-Dec-Jan time frame) and I'll put enough down to pay off the RHO before my birthday in June of '25...

One big turn-off I have about the TRX is that mileage. You'll probably get around 7MPG around town and with a 33 gallon tank, that range is probably worse than a Tesla Model 3.

$100K to be that guy thats always at the gas station? Wild.

One big turn-off I have about the TRX is that mileage. You'll probably get around 7MPG around town and with a 33 gallon tank, that range is probably worse than a Tesla Model 3.

I daily drive mine. I am currently getting 13.2. Gas up every two weeks.

I daily drive mine. I am currently getting 13.2.
Thats not bad, I guess you're not heavy on that throttle!

I get about 10.5-11 mpg on mine. But I shouldn’t be talking about it. The first rule of Shitty Mileage Clib is that you don’t talk about the shitty mileage.

@RADA - Hydro Blue isn’t metallic. There were only 187 of them made for 2024, and they killed off that color. There’s a Final Edition 2024 color called Night Edge Blue that’s similar, are you sure it wasn’t that color?

I get about 10.5-11 mpg on mine. But I shouldn’t be talking about it. The first rule of Shitty Mileage Clib is that you don’t talk about the shitty mileage.

@RADA - Hydro Blue isn’t metallic. There were only 187 of them made for 2024, and they killed off that color. There’s a Final Edition 2024 color called Night Edge Blue that’s similar, are you sure it wasn’t that color?
I looked online - Night Edge looks right. I know shit-nothing about TRXs, I was going by what I was told.

I get about 10-12 around town in my TRX. About 14.5 out on the road.

Hydro better be metallic. It’s metallic on everything else that Stellantis sells in Hydro blue. If it’s not I’m going to be extremely pi$$ed.

Hydro better be metallic. It’s metallic on everything else that Stellantis sells in Hydro blue. If it’s not I’m going to be extremely pi$$ed.
It says hydro blue metallic pearlcoat
On the option list when I ordered mine from koons
Sounds like someone else might be confused

Hydro blue metallic

Attachments

• 3zemNz84.gBwrjQ9dY-(edit).jpg
    3zemNz84.gBwrjQ9dY-(edit).jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 79
Well then they’ve changed either the name or the paint. Because the TRX Hydro Blue doesn’t use the term metallic.

1719362620393.png

Apparently it uses mica flakes so technically it is not a metallic, but it looks like what we think of as metallic. This also explains why the color can look lighter or darker depending on lighting. Personally I like the way it looks in lower light better. The more light it catches the lighter and brighter it gets.

Apparently it uses mica flakes so technically it is not a metallic, but it looks like what we think of as metallic. This also explains why the color can look lighter or darker depending on lighting. Personally I like the way it looks in lower light better. The more light it catches the lighter and brighter it gets.
It’s all a bit of visual trickery to mask the fact that Hydro Blue is the slowest color. There’s a reason that it was discontinued on the TRX
:D

Sorry guys - this is probably my miswording and n00b-ness at Dodge/RAM colors. I'm still learning.

I always thought "Hydro Blue" was the Chrysler/Dodge/RAM version of Ford's Grabber Blue, which is definitely a solid color non-metallic.

It's never been a color that appeals to me, so I didn't look too deeply at it.

Sorry again, for any confusion.

Well then they’ve changed either the name or the paint. Because the TRX Hydro Blue doesn’t use the term metallic.

View attachment 232
As far as I know there has never been a pearlcoat that was non metallic,that's literally what pearlcoat is a third stake of paint from the basecoat and clearcoat that is a metallic

As far as I know there has never been a pearlcoat that was non metallic,that's literally what pearlcoat is a third stake of paint from the basecoat and clearcoat that is a metallic
Not sure I'd call a pearl coat "metallic", but we're getting into small nuances of each person's perception. My point was that the Hydro Blue is not called a metallic. The standard TRX colors are as follows. Note that some are specifically called Metallic, and some are not.
  • Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
  • Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat
  • Bright White Clear Coat
  • Flame Red Clear Coat
  • Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
  • Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
If there is documentation out there calling the Hydro Blue color a "Metallic", then it's a change.

Just to drag this Hydro business out further...someone on the TRX forum happened to post a good high-res photo of his Hydro Blue (aka "Slow Blue") truck, and I thought it would be worth reposting. I see no metallic-ish-ness in this paint. I'm genuinely curious to see if there's a new metallic version of this paint.

1719429424972.png

Just to drag this Hydro business out further...someone on the TRX forum happened to post a good high-res photo of his Hydro Blue (aka "Slow Blue") truck, and I thought it would be worth reposting. I see no metallic-ish-ness in this paint. I'm genuinely curious to see if there's a new metallic version of this paint.

View attachment 233
Look closer there is definitely flake in that paint however, like I said in an earlier post, it is not metallic. It is a Mica flake. It plays tricks with the camera lens due to the flash lighting changes it. It is a very reflective paint.

Look closer there is definitely flake in that paint however, like I said in an earlier post, it is not metallic. It is a Mica flake. It plays tricks with the camera lens due to the flash lighting changes it. It is a very reflective paint.
Think thats a tiger on his shirt

Think thats a tiger on his shirt
What tiger? Who’s shirt? I’m talking about the picture of the hydro blue TRX with the easy to see flake in the paint. Look above the TRX decal.

Back