What's new

Came so close to putting a TRX in the driveway this weekend...

What tiger? Who’s shirt? I’m talking about the picture of the hydro blue TRX with the easy to see flake in the paint. Look above the TRX decal.
1719453615472.png

IMG_3488.jpeg
You’re letting yourself get distracted by squirrels. Try to focus on the discussion of paint. Obviously there are shiny reflections of things distracting you.

Not sure I'd call a pearl coat "metallic", but we're getting into small nuances of each person's perception. My point was that the Hydro Blue is not called a metallic. The standard TRX colors are as follows. Note that some are specifically called Metallic, and some are not.
  • Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
  • Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat
  • Bright White Clear Coat
  • Flame Red Clear Coat
  • Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
  • Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
If there is documentation out there calling the Hydro Blue color a "Metallic", then it's a change.
I can tell you from owning one, Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat has fleck in it. Looks "metalic."

I was at a birthday party for one of my youngest daughter's school friends, and started talking with another attendee.

His brother has a Hydro Blue Metallic (is this a real color? The Hydro was non-metallic. Have to look online.) 2024 LOADED TRX he's trying sell.

I have no idea what options come with a TRX, but the pictures were impressive.

He has another kiddo on the way and wants exactly what he owes, or to transfer the loan.

The truck is freaking beautiful, with less than 5000 miles on it. I almost said yes, but was shocked that he still owes little over 100-Large on this truck.

While I could afford the payment, my hands get all twitchy and I get wooglely in the stomach at the thought of owing a hundred grand on ANY vehicle.

I'll keep saving and waiting on the VA to pay me what they owe me (Nov-Dec-Jan time frame) and I'll put enough down to pay off the RHO before my birthday in June of '25...
Quote from Google search:

1) Is Pearl the same as metallic?

Metallics (in the custom paint world) are just silver, gold, bronze, or other metal-colored flakes. Usually very small, and added to paint in the base coat. Pearls can be: pure color mica flakes, but they can also be transparent mica flakes that reflect a color when light hits them at the right angle.

2) Pearlescent paint is more expensive than metallic paint but is considered to provide a much better-looking finish. Next time you're in a car showroom look at both metallic and pearlescent finishes and you'll notice a clear difference and will very likely prefer the classier-looking pearlescent paint.

I can tell you from owning one, Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat has fleck in it. Looks "metalic."
I own a Diamond Black truck. Yes, it has flecks all throughout, but it's not because of the Pearl Coat. It's the "Crystal" part of the Diamond Black Crystal paint. You won't find those flecks in a Hydro Blue (or any other color).

Back