What's new

EPA MPG ratings out

JerseyMike37

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F150 Lightning
While most RHO shoppers aren't exactly looking for efficiency....it's good to know that it beats out the TRX by a good margin....although unfortunately worse than raptor in highway MPG and requires premium (although I thought raptor did too....I ran it in both raptors I had)

As much as I love the TRX I wouldn't use it as a DD....for the RHO I would.....15 average mpg is not that bad for a full size lifted on 35+" tires and with HO engine

RHO v TRX v Raptor v Raptor r.png

Yeah, they updated that info on the sticker on the one I saw in person at the Miami Beach Auto Show.

Attachments

• Window sticker.jpg
    Window sticker.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Red RHO 3.jpg
    Red RHO 3.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I traded my TRX because of the atrocious fuel economy. I averaged 8.8mpg. This was also when 93 was like $4.50 /gallon. I ended up going back to a Raptor bc of it. So, for me the RHO was the answer to my wants.

I average 12 mpg mix of city/highway

I've gotten 13.5 on a trip

I'm not a lead foot but I'm usually up on the bumper in front of me.

I think the only time I ever saw 14mpg in the TRX was during the break in period. It seems like I average between 10-12mpg.

Daily drive my ‘21 in rush hour traffic. Average over 13 mpg. Actually disappointed in the RHO. Not much of an upgrade at all mpg wise. New warranty will be nice, however.

Yeah, they updated that info on the sticker on the one I saw in person at the Miami Beach Auto Show.
Funny, that Monroney sticker says 'TRX Level 1 Equipment Group'. 🤣

Daily drive my ‘21 in rush hour traffic. Average over 13 mpg. Actually disappointed in the RHO. Not much of an upgrade at all mpg wise. New warranty will be nice, however.
if you are buying this car for MPG then you are buying the wrong car my friend.

Not sure how much the 35" tires will affect things but the trucks with the HO now are getting better than the claimed MPG on combined driving. Good news is we should know in a few weeks regardless but I hope we get closer to 18

Not sure how much the 35" tires will affect things but the trucks with the HO now are getting better than the claimed MPG on combined driving. Good news is we should know in a few weeks regardless but I hope we get closer to 18
id be thrilled to get 18 hwy

While most RHO shoppers aren't exactly looking for efficiency....it's good to know that it beats out the TRX by a good margin....although unfortunately worse than raptor in highway MPG and requires premium (although I thought raptor did too....I ran it in both raptors I had)

As much as I love the TRX I wouldn't use it as a DD....for the RHO I would.....15 average mpg is not that bad for a full size lifted on 35+" tires and with HO engine

View attachment 569
That’s actually not bad at all. My 19 Sierra AT4 had the 6.2 in it and I saw similar numbers. Now I get 120 extra ponies? Sold!

That’s actually not bad at all. My 19 Sierra AT4 had the 6.2 in it and I saw similar numbers. Now I get 120 extra ponies? Sold!
Except you don't have to run premium in the Sierra ('22 Denali 6.2 here). Similar MPG but gonna cost us a lot more to do it

Except you don't have to run premium in the Sierra ('22 Denali 6.2 here). Similar MPG but gonna cost us a lot more to do it
The Sierra with the 6.2. says to run premium. Now you can get away with going lower but you will be sacrificing power and I know my truck ran like crap the couple times I ran 89. My trip computer has never been reset and with 93 octane and 50k miles it is at 19.0 mpg on my 20 AT4 with the 6.2.

The Sierra with the 6.2. says to run premium. Now you can get away with going lower but you will be sacrificing power and I know my truck ran like crap the couple times I ran 89. My trip computer has never been reset and with 93 octane and 50k miles it is at 19.0 mpg on my 20 AT4 with the 6.2.
They actually have done multiple tests and found zero performance dropoffs from not running "recommended" premium.

I am happy with these numbers!!

They actually have done multiple tests and found zero performance dropoffs from not running "recommended" premium.
Well I know mine suffered when I put in lower octane and there have been just as many tests saying it does affect mpg and performance. Good news for both of us is we will not have to talk about it or think about it for much longer hopefully lol

My understanding is that higher octane rating allows an engine to run safely under higher compression/load/etc.

MPG is a bonus, but I'd be concerned about the long-term stresses that running a lower octane rating might mean for engine longevity.

I'm not an engineer or expert but I guess what I'm trying to say that I will pay more for premium/93+ octane if it means that my engine will run better for longer & with less stress/wear/heat on components.

Just my $0.02

Back