What's new

Hurricane + JB4 Tuner

It says can be removed "without a trace" in the features. Is that accurate as far as warranty implications?
The pros over this, of course this being new to the Mopar platform is you wouldn't end up with mileage mismatch from installing an unlocked PCM as well as the hard fault code "Aftermarket calibration detected warranty coverage verification required".

None of this information is entirely accurate as these device's aren't even out for the truck in question.

As far as power output the HP70/75 Has been pushed on several platforms, and I don't think a company would release a canned tune with the intentions of destructing the motor/transmission. I'd say let these trucks come out and let them work on this for that specific platform and see where we wind up! Just cool seeing the aftermarket availability and support on these new engines so soon.

Hurricanes being pushed already:

Yes, I'm aware of those upgrades for the BMW. I got my tune from Cedar Performance here in Dallas and they have a records for there for their runs. (Not sure if they still hold records)

My post wasn't regarding the power output. It was about the JB4 being removed without a trace. The TCM measures torque output and if it's off, then the dealer can dig deeper if they'd like to. The point I'm making is that if you think you can add this piggy back system and cause damage to the engine, the dealer can look at other modules for diagnostics. It's not a unplug and your scot free. Moral of the story is you have to pay to play. Nothing is without consequences.
This is agreed. On our current platforms getting this "claimed" power isn't as easy as the JB4 Seems. Have to send the PCM out, communicate with a tuner..install additional parts etc.

Again as mentioned before just excited to see what these trucks can/will do. I don't think anyone is modifying vehicles with the intention of hurting them and putting them back to stock and getting it all covered under warranty.

FWIW though the average flatrate tech that's going to pull one of these in a bay that is blown up isn't going to spend time to look into anything. The Hurricane isn't on a restriction list as far as having to get authorization from star as far as I recall, as opposed to the 6.2, 6.7 & 2.4 Tigershark which required a vehicle scan report with one sensor unplugged to ensure nothing was being manipulated.

Well yeah, they run them on BMWs. That's how the TCM issue came about. I'm just making people aware that just because you can unplug it for dealership warranty doesn't mean other modules aren't recording.
My point is, I’m not gonna be the guy doing it first, I’m going to sit back and observe everyone else and see how the truck responds to the upgrades. If it passes, I’ll consider it and make an informed decision.

My point is, I’m not gonna be the guy doing it first, I’m going to sit back and observe everyone else and see how the truck responds to the upgrades. If it passes, I’ll consider it and make an informed decision.
I agree, to an extent. I wouldn't ever go with a piggy back but I would 100% send out my ecm to be unlocked for a tuning. It’ll definitely respond pretty good. Especially the HO, opening that exhaust alone will be pretty noticeable. The HO exhaust system uses the same exhaust gasket as the Hemi did which is a 2.25". I'll be doing a dual 3" SS exhaust system to get that nice deep tone.

I'll probably go for it as I am also tuned on my 'other' (flat) 6 cylinder twin turbo engine in my garage.

Anxious to see how they stack up

Last edited:
Back