What's new

Is the RHO too big?

I used to think I never wanted a full size truck because of the size. Then I had a F-150 for two weeks when my Rivian was in for service. I got used to the size pretty quickly. Most of the places I drive, the size won’t be a major issue. I also rarely find myself in a city or parking garage.

I do plan on keeping my 2 door Wrangler which will also be useful for those times I know parking will be tight.

Brother had the 21' TRX and now has the 24' TRX (which I've driven a lot) and our great friend has a 24' Raptor R (which I have also driven a few times). The TRX turns a LOT better than the Raptor R. We have had to maneuver around some really tight areas in TN with both trucks pulling boats and some of the 180-degree hairpin turns with steep incline/declines. I have not once had an issue making a pretty snug u-turn with the TRX, but our buddy has had to throw his in reverse to make the same turns. The RHO should have the same geometry as the TRX. I always back in my vehicles when parking, and the TRX has not needed a multiple attempt to get it turned in. But yes, its snug due to its 8' girth. TRX is pretty easy to drive IMHO, and therefor the RHO should be too. Just park it out and away when you can as it is wide.

BTW, for towing the boats (or equivalent), we put airbag in the coils. Their off-road suspensions really wants to squat under that much load if you don't.
How did the coil airbags work?

How did the coil airbags work?
Want to clarify that I meant the "inside" as in inwards towards the center of the truck (not inside of the coil itself). Can run the hoses up under body and attached an inflator port in the truck bed side-wall for easy access (to plug in the inflator). Used the "Timber Grove Ent. 21'-Up Ram 1500 (TRX) Rear ASAM (stainless steel)" on the rear (never heard of anyone adding them to the front). I think around $1,200 - $1,300 and worth every penny. We keep 2-3 PSI in them at all times, then when under load of a heavy tow, and pump them to 7-8 PSI (for about 700 lbs of tongue weight) Very easy to adjust. Has a manual port (we installed one through the side of the wall in the bed to get to with the tailgate down) and use a small USB chargeable Ryobi 4V battery handheld inflator we keep in the truck. They make an onboard inflator, but truly is unnecessary unless you are towing different weights every day (which at that point, you may want a different model truck). On the TRX (which should be identical to the RHO), if we are towing under 4K lbs then we don't even need to add anything else to the bags (just leave at their 2-3 lbs to keep their shape). We are pulling about 7,200-7,900 with the boat/trailer combo and "some" fluids (depending on how much fuel in the boats tank). Installed them on a 2-Post lift and took just under 2 hours. Using jacks will of course take a little longer. Barely (if at all) feel them when driving normal and having them at 2-3 lbs. If doing some serious off-roading though, can easily remove the bags so that you get full travel and use of the suspension (just leave the airlines and cap/tape the ends).
IMG_20240830_104512.jpg

I may do the same thing. I have a 24 foot closed trailer with a rzr Pro R and a rzr 1000. Our boat shouldn’t be a problem. It’s just an 18 foot Sea-Doo switch.

Coming from a 1500 Sierra AT4 so I am sure this one will be similar.

Want to clarify that I meant the "inside" as in inwards towards the center of the truck (not inside of the coil itself). Can run the hoses up under body and attached an inflator port in the truck bed side-wall for easy access (to plug in the inflator). Used the "Timber Grove Ent. 21'-Up Ram 1500 (TRX) Rear ASAM (stainless steel)" on the rear (never heard of anyone adding them to the front). I think around $1,200 - $1,300 and worth every penny. We keep 2-3 PSI in them at all times, then when under load of a heavy tow, and pump them to 7-8 PSI (for about 700 lbs of tongue weight) Very easy to adjust. Has a manual port (we installed one through the side of the wall in the bed to get to with the tailgate down) and use a small USB chargeable Ryobi 4V battery handheld inflator we keep in the truck. They make an onboard inflator, but truly is unnecessary unless you are towing different weights every day (which at that point, you may want a different model truck). On the TRX (which should be identical to the RHO), if we are towing under 4K lbs then we don't even need to add anything else to the bags (just leave at their 2-3 lbs to keep their shape). We are pulling about 7,200-7,900 with the boat/trailer combo and "some" fluids (depending on how much fuel in the boats tank). Installed them on a 2-Post lift and took just under 2 hours. Using jacks will of course take a little longer. Barely (if at all) feel them when driving normal and having them at 2-3 lbs. If doing some serious off-roading though, can easily remove the bags so that you get full travel and use of the suspension (just leave the airlines and cap/tape the ends). View attachment 505
I plan to order Timber Grove airbags for my RHO, I am really hoping none of the mounting points changed and the TRX version will bolt up. I am hoping to make them a day one purchase.

I plan to order Timber Grove airbags for my RHO, I am really hoping none of the mounting points changed and the TRX version will bolt up. I am hoping to make them a day one purchase.
Can't see why they would (fingers crossed). From everything I have seen, looks to be the identical Bilstein setup as the 24' TRX. Have not read about any axle changes either. We should be pretty safe. Was shipped UPS and got here pretty quick, so I will wait a couple days until after vehicle delivery to start ordering everything (Air bags, rear seat sub box & amp, oracle & baja lighting, etc.). The only thing I feel comfortable about ordering beforehand is the Bakflip MX4 cover (that bed isn't changing) and an oil catch can (probably a J&L). I use them religiously on any direct injection engine and they truly work.

Back