What's new

Level 1

yoda33073

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram 1500 Built to Serve
Does anyone know what the "upgraded floor console" and the "LED CHMSL" are in the Level 1 options?

Does anyone know what the "upgraded floor console" and the "LED CHMSL" are in the Level 1 options?
Center high-mounted stop lamp. the light over the rear window of the truck.

I'm assuming something like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_093835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_093835_Chrome.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
I was wondering if the CHMSL is that row of led lights above the license plate? B/C, doest every truck have a 3rd brake light above the rear window? isnt that standard safety feature? or is the standard one incandescent Bulb and the Level 1 is an LED and thats why they mention if?
Upgraded floor console I just assumed has some extra leather or carbon fiber on it? 🤷‍♂️

I was wondering if the CHMSL is that row of led lights above the license plate? B/C, doest every truck have a 3rd brake light above the rear window? isnt that standard safety feature? or is the standard one incandescent Bulb and the Level 1 is an LED and thats why they mention if?
Upgraded floor console I just assumed has some extra leather or carbon fiber on it? 🤷‍♂️
I think the LED is the upgrade. 50 bucks upgrade there.

The non-Level 1 trucks get good old-fashioned incandescent bulbs in the high mount stop lamp.

I may upgrade mine to LED when it burns out after 30K miles. The LED is also a bit safer, as it illuminates faster/often brighter & gets more attention from traffic behind you.

The upgraded center console includes 2 wireless phone chargers, instead of the standard 1 wireless phone charger. It may also include some different materials, but we won’t know more until we can compare Level 1 & non-Level 1 side-by-side.

My question is, why would anyone never get the level one upgrade especially when you get such a hefty discount through Mark Dodge? It’s a free upgrade with the discount, and there’s so much benefit with the level 1 package.

Doesn't make sense

Ummm…because without L1, you still get a $9K discount.

So, you are paying for L1. About $9K more than a non-L1 truck.

The list of L1 upgrades seems substantial…like 2 wireless phone chargers instead of 1…14+” center screen that digitizes physical buttons on the 12” screen…

I reviewed it carefully. Yes, I would like CF trim & LED high mount stop light…but, that was it…the rest of it may have great value to some folks, like massaging seats…my SIL recently bought a compact SUV & her favorite feature is a bigger center screen…personally, I could care less.

Was some CF trim & a lamp I can replace with LED for under $20, worth an extra $9-10K? Nope.

Now, if my non-L1 arrives and I sit in an L1 & it feels much richer due to upgrades that aren’t well represented in the specs at this point…might I pay an extra $9K? Yes!

Last edited:
Ummm…because without L1, you still get a $9K discount.

So, you are paying for L1. About $9K more than a non-L1 truck.

The list of L1 upgrades seems substantial…like 2 wireless phone chargers instead of 1…14+” center screen that digitizes physical buttons on the 11+” screen…

I reviewed it carefully. Yes, I would like CF trim & LED high mount stop light…but, that was it…the rest of it may have great value to some folks, like messaging seats…my SIL recently bought a compact SUV & her favorite feature is a bigger center screen…personally, I could care less.

Was some CF trim & a lamp I can replace with LED for under $20, worth an extra $9-10K? Nope.

Now, if my non-L1 arrives and I sit in an L1 & it feels much richer due to upgrades that aren’t well represented in the specs at this point…might I pay an extra $9K? Yes!
Yea I’m confused, but cool, I made the investment because it was essentially an incentive free upgrade considering good ole Mark Dodge gave me 10k off….sweet 🤙🏼

Level 1 worth that free cash all day son! When you’re already at a 70-80k price point, this was definitely worth the investment. Even at 60’s I’d want all this, that’s a lot of $ for a vehicle, but to each their own.

• 12-Way / 1-Way Trailer Connector
  • 14.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
  • 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
  • Apple CarPlay®
  • Connected Travel and Traffic Services
  • Ram Connect (Connected Services) with Trial
  • Wrapped Driver and Passenger Assist Handles
  • Driver-Seat Memory
  • Drowsy Driver Detection
  • Dual Wireless Charging Pad
  • Evasive Steering Assist
  • Exterior Mirrors with Memory
  • Front Passenger Interactive Display
  • Full-Length Premium Upgraded Floor-Console
  • Google Android Auto™
  • GPS Navigation
  • Hands-Free Active Driving Assist System
  • HD™ Radio
  • Head-Up Display
  • Heated Second-Row Seats
  • Integrated Voice Command
  • Intersection Collision-Assist System
  • Leather and Carbon Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel
  • LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
  • Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
  • Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
  • Massaging Driver Seat
  • Massaging Front Passenger Seat
  • Power Tailgate
  • Radio / Driver Seat / Mirrors / Pedals Memory
  • Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Real Carbon-Fiber Interior Accents
  • Rear 60/40 Split Folding / Reclining Seat
  • Smartphone as a Key
  • Surround-View Camera System
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
  • Uconnect® 5 Nav with 14.4-Inch Touch Screen Display
  • SiriusXM® Radio Trial Subscription
  • USB Host Flip
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Ventilated Rear Seats
  • Digital Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror (Unavailable with some configurations)
  • Digital Rear-View Mirror (Unavailable with some configurations)

Last edited:
I got level 1 because it has the power tailgate... I don't wanna be looked at like some kind of peasant at Walmart!

Yea I’m confused, but cool, I made the investment because it was essentially an incentive free upgrade considering good ole Mark Dodge gave me 10k off….sweet 🤙🏼

Level 1 worth that free cash all day son! When you’re already at a 70-80k price point, this was definitely worth the investment. Even at 60’s I’d want all this, that’s a lot of $ for a vehicle, but to each their own.

• 12-Way / 1-Way Trailer Connector
  • 14.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
  • 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
  • Apple CarPlay®
  • Connected Travel and Traffic Services
  • Ram Connect (Connected Services) with Trial
  • Wrapped Driver and Passenger Assist Handles
  • Driver-Seat Memory
  • Drowsy Driver Detection
  • Dual Wireless Charging Pad
  • Evasive Steering Assist
  • Exterior Mirrors with Memory
  • Front Passenger Interactive Display
  • Full-Length Premium Upgraded Floor-Console
  • Google Android Auto™
  • GPS Navigation
  • Hands-Free Active Driving Assist System
  • HD™ Radio
  • Head-Up Display
  • Heated Second-Row Seats
  • Integrated Voice Command
  • Intersection Collision-Assist System
  • Leather and Carbon Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel
  • LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
  • Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
  • Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
  • Massaging Driver Seat
  • Massaging Front Passenger Seat
  • Power Tailgate
  • Radio / Driver Seat / Mirrors / Pedals Memory
  • Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Real Carbon-Fiber Interior Accents
  • Rear 60/40 Split Folding / Reclining Seat
  • Smartphone as a Key
  • Surround-View Camera System
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
  • Uconnect® 5 Nav with 14.4-Inch Touch Screen Display
  • SiriusXM® Radio Trial Subscription
  • USB Host Flip
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Ventilated Rear Seats
  • Digital Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror (Unavailable with some configurations)
  • Digital Rear-View Mirror (Unavailable with some configurations)
Yeah as he said, it's just some CF trim and a $20 lamp.

Yeah as he said, it's just some CF trim and a $20 lamp.

Of all the L1 upgrades, the CF trim & LED high mount were the only features I cared about. To me, not worth another $9-10K. But I get it…I’m with the minority.

To each their own.

I think it’s awesome that we can order an RHO from MD for around $64k and enjoy a comfortable off-road capable truck. For some, that’s exactly what they want and for others it may be at the top of their budget. I personally added all the bells and whistles to my order. I wanted assisted driving, head up, and massaging seats. It’s great that we have all these options and a price range that can fit more budgets.

I got level 1 because it has the power tailgate... I don't wanna be looked at like some kind of peasant at Walmart!
That’s awesome lol 😂

I love my 2022 Built to Serve. If I am going to get a new RHO, I should just load it up. Get everything you want and be done. I also thought about resale, although that wasn't a major factor. Are the extras worth $10k? It's very debatable but I didn't want to pull up to another RHO and not have something he had. And the $10k discount helps.

I think it’s awesome that we can order an RHO from MD for around $64k and enjoy a comfortable off-road capable truck. For some, that’s exactly what they want and for others it may be at the top of their budget. I personally added all the bells and whistles to my order. I wanted assisted driving, head up, and massaging seats. It’s great that we have all these options and a price range that can fit more budgets.
100%

I wanted most of the options in the level 1 package but I knew I could not live without surround view and heads up display. Before I decided on the RHO over a used TRX I would not even look at one without level 2. One thing I just noticed was the reclining rear seat in level 1. I thought that was a standard feature in new rams’s? Regardless the kids loved them in the limited I test drove with the HO. Definitely make long trips better for them.

I love my 2022 Built to Serve. If I am going to get a new RHO, I should just load it up. Get everything you want and be done. I also thought about resale, although that wasn't a major factor. Are the extras worth $10k? It's very debatable but I didn't want to pull up to another RHO and not have something he had. And the $10k discount helps.
Personal choice. Personally, at this price point, go all in. At such a generous discount, for me, it was a no brainer.

Back