What's new

RHO as a donor

Got it. I was looking at it pragmatically as the TRX might be a better "host" when that was not the point.

I am also looking at the RHO as a daily over my TRX. I absolutely love the Hellcat for both silly power and fantastic exhaust note, but nobody really NEEDS 702hp lol. And putting lots of miles on her has me looking at better DD options.

Ha! Is that important? You are correct, my apologies. So you are simply referring to 6.2L Hellcat based (Redeye, Demon) V8. Hellaphant is a 7.0L and way more built. But I still stand by my preference for a DSR 😂
Now your getting the idea drop a DSR 1150 in it.

Interesting idea. The other issue may be that RAM says they retuned the suspension for RHO for 150 lbs less up front. So you may want to account for that in a swap.

Yeah that’s an easy fix. Again I’m not the guy to do it. I just think the idea has merit for the guy that is hp obsessed.

So are you comparing a base Peasant-Edition RHO (at a $10k discount) to a Final Edition TRX at MSRP? That’s hardly a fair comparison.

I agree. Comparing the RHO and TRX is hardly fair. The RHO is by far a sounder investment than is the TRX unless you have obscene wealth and money is truly no object. I admit that I had TRX fever in late 2020 and was obsessed with buying one but, luckily for me, I have a smart and pragmatic wife and she was able to talk sense into me. The only 'niche' for the TRX is absurdity. You're not going to beat on it like a work truck or cargo hauler. You're not going to waste the drivetrain with constant, heavy hauling. So, what is it? A muscle car? No. Unremarkable. It's just ridiculously expensive excess that doesn't particularly shine at anything. That's just embarrassing. The Durango, for example, shines at Hellcat muscle. Straight from the showroom to mid 11's at the drag strip. Any mid-level RAM 1500 shines as a work truck. The RAM 2500 shines at hauling 35' boats around. They have pragmatic engineering for everyday living; such as a thing called 2WD. The TRX is just kind of caught in the middle and wholesale unremarkable; except for the toll - the absurd cost to buy and whopping 8 MPG to drive it around. Clearly, the peasants that buy RHOs are smarter than the 'nobles' tooling around in TRXs.

Inside, a loaded TRX looks and feels like a Lazyboy furniture showroom. It's stunning. But you can have the same in practical 1500 and 2500 series RAM trucks - without the noise. The TRX has constant twin-screw supercharger whine and drone from loud exhaust. Luxury passenger compartments are quiet like the RHO will be. Another big miss for the TRX.

Ford mastered muscle trucks decades ago with the 2WD F150 Lightning. They were running 9's and 10's at the track all day long. The TRX runs unremarkable high to mid 12s. Granted, it's got to be a great truck for Baja; if you happen to be one of the 1% of TRX ownership that lives in Arizona. That exception aside... TRX owners shouldn't be trying to scrutinize RHO owners with antagonistic words like 'peasants'. You're leading by the chin and you're going to eat the canvass.

I agree. Comparing the RHO and TRX is hardly fair. The RHO is by far a sounder investment than is the TRX unless you have obscene wealth and money is truly no object. I admit that I had TRX fever in late 2020 and was obsessed with buying one but, luckily for me, I have a smart and pragmatic wife and she was able to talk sense into me. The only 'niche' for the TRX is absurdity. You're not going to beat on it like a work truck or cargo hauler. You're not going to waste the drivetrain with constant, heavy hauling. So, what is it? A muscle car? No. Unremarkable. It's just ridiculously expensive excess that doesn't particularly shine at anything. That's just embarrassing. The Durango, for example, shines at Hellcat muscle. Straight from the showroom to mid 11's at the drag strip. Any mid-level RAM 1500 shines as a work truck. The RAM 2500 shines at hauling 35' boats around. They have pragmatic engineering for everyday living; such as a thing called 2WD. The TRX is just kind of caught in the middle and wholesale unremarkable; except for the toll - the absurd cost to buy and whopping 8 MPG to drive it around. Clearly, the peasants that buy RHOs are smarter than the 'nobles' tooling around in TRXs.

Inside, a loaded TRX looks and feels like a Lazyboy furniture showroom. It's stunning. But you can have the same in practical 1500 and 2500 series RAM trucks - without the noise. The TRX has constant twin-screw supercharger whine and drone from loud exhaust. Luxury passenger compartments are quiet like the RHO will be. Another big miss for the TRX.

Ford mastered muscle trucks decades ago with the 2WD F150 Lightning. They were running 9's and 10's at the track all day long. The TRX runs unremarkable high to mid 12s. Granted, it's got to be a great truck for Baja; if you happen to be one of the 1% of TRX ownership that lives in Arizona. That exception aside... TRX owners shouldn't be trying to scrutinize RHO owners with antagonistic words like 'peasants'. You're leading by the chin and you're going to eat the canvass.
Apparently you missed the nuance. The term “Peasant” refers to a lower trim. My TRX is what we call a Peasant Edition, because it’s not one of the Special Editions.
But thanks for the rant. I’m sure the RHO will be luxuriously quiet in the cabin and capable of hauling or towing massive loads.
That’s sarcasm. The RHO will be just as obnoxious as the TRX. And while the current price point is lower than the Final Edition TRX, I’m sure it won’t stay that way. When the 2021 TRX came out, it was around $70k. Then Ram got stupid and jacked it up to obscene levels. I’d put money on them doing the same with the RHO.

Im feeling like you don’t realize the term “peasant” is used on all the truck forums to describe lower-level trims. This is no insult, just means the owner opted for fewer bells and whistles.

OK. Got it. Peasant means purchasing a vehicle that is 'less than loaded' or baseline without options. I stand corrected and thank you for cluing me in. I'm a veteran gearhead but haven't frequented enthusiast websites for some time. Not a rant, all in good fun trash talk in my book. I also remember reading something about a transmission that can barely keep up with the HO Hurricane TTSS. Did I miss a nuance there also? From one keyboard engineering critic to another: don't dish it out if you can't take it. Haha, all good.

I've had the privilege of wheel time in a few TRXs and loved every minute; including one of a prominent tuner that laid down 870WHP. The wide body and fender flares make it the best-looking truck on the road (until the RHO comes). I know of all the problems that HP Tuners have had with the torque management and the neural network fail-safes in the Chrysler PCM.

And, for the record, factory order of a loaded TRX in summer of 2020 MSRP was just under $90K ($87K and change plus destination).

The TTSS Hurricane is extremely exciting. Gearheads know that turbos are the most formidable power adder. The potential for modding RHOs will be DRAMATIC. Changing the impellers in those Garrett Turbos could yield MASSIVE HP gains. Turbos are fundamentally superior to all types of superchargers; whether they be roots-type, twin-screw or centrifugal because they have no parasitic loss and the power curve that they create is very much supportive of real-world performance (hooking up out of the hole and coming on at the right time).

I'm VERY excited to be onboard at ground level with the RHO and the Mopar turbo evolution. Peace.

And, for the record, factory order of a loaded TRX in summer of 2020 MSRP was just under $90K ($87K and change plus destination).
True. But base-to-base MSRP is identical between the 2021 TRX and the 2025 RHO. $69,995. That was my point. Give it a few years and Ram will be asking $125k for the RHO.

1720961595111.png

Apparently you missed the nuance. The term “Peasant” refers to a lower trim. My TRX is what we call a Peasant Edition, because it’s not one of the Special Editions.
But thanks for the rant. I’m sure the RHO will be luxuriously quiet in the cabin and capable of hauling or towing massive loads.
That’s sarcasm. The RHO will be just as obnoxious as the TRX. And while the current price point is lower than the Final Edition TRX, I’m sure it won’t stay that way. When the 2021 TRX came out, it was around $70k. Then Ram got stupid and jacked it up to obscene levels. I’d put money on them doing the same with the RHO.
That's why most of us pulled the trigger on the RHO without seeing one on the road. Price to value! TRX looks, 90hp more than Raptor, 14 mpg, and 90% of the bells and whistles as the Tungsten for $75k (Mark Dodge $10k off price). It's a no-brainer.

That's why most of us pulled the trigger on the RHO without seeing one on the road. Price to value! TRX looks, 90hp more than Raptor, 14 mpg, and 90% of the bells and whistles as the Tungsten for $75k (Mark Dodge $10k off price). It's a no-brainer.
Ain't that the truth. My local dealership, who I have a very good relationship with, first offered me an RHO factory order for $2K under MSRP. It took a couple of weeks and wasn't fun, but I held their feet to the fire and got them very close to the Mark Dodge deal. I was relieved, because Mark Dodge is down the road a piece from where I sit in New Jersey. I couldn't be more anxious to see the RHO; on the roads and in the Twisters movie.

I couldn't be more anxious to see the RHO; on the roads and in the Twisters movie.
pretty sure that’s a TRX in the Twisters movie. At least it’s a TRX mustache.

IMG_3480.jpeg

RHO mustache:
IMG_3481.jpeg

TRX mustache:
IMG_3482.jpeg

pretty sure that’s a TRX in the Twisters movie. At least it’s a TRX mustache.
Yeah? No RHO in it? That makes this ad confusing: https://www.worktruckonline.com/10220435/twisters-actor-helps-launch-all-new-2025-ram-1500-rho

Now I know that 'mustache' refers to the various iterations of the plastic RAM logo on the front grill of the trucks. Good info. I've been on this board for ten minutes and have already learned about peasant and mustache terminology. Thanks, Eighty, for the definitions and visual aids. You're a helpful guy. Peace.

Seeing your side-by-side pictures of the RHO and TRX, it looks like the RHO went on the Keto diet and lost a couple of hundred pounds, especially in the face. That's good cause I've always thought that the TRX has a bit of a bloated look to it.

I suppose it could be one of the early test mules of the RHO - I believe the first ones were built with the TRX-style grill.

Yeah? No RHO in it? That makes this ad confusing: https://www.worktruckonline.com/10220435/twisters-actor-helps-launch-all-new-2025-ram-1500-rho

Now I know that 'mustache' refers to the various iterations of the plastic RAM logo on the front grill of the trucks. Good info. I've been on this board for ten minutes and have already learned about peasant and mustache terminology. Thanks, Eighty, for the definitions and visual aids. You're a helpful guy. Peace.
Finally read the article you posted. It mentions Twisters and the actor that plays in it, and even says he’s helping promote the RHO. And while it says he uses Ram trucks in the movie, it doesn’t specifically say he drives a RHO in it. He only drives it in the Ram videos.
It is a bit confusing to read, from the perspective of trying to determine if they actually call out the RHO in the movie. So I can see why it would come across as such.

TRXs are more obtainable than many may believe. Relatively low mileage garage queens with clean car faxes and well documented service histories can be had in the 70s. Seems odd to use a RHO as a donor. Sorry if I am missing anything.

Back