What's new

RHO Haters

TRXNoMoe

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
I get that TRX owners are feeling frustrated, but seriously the hate on the RHO is getting old. Every time someone brings it up, it's just a flood of complaints about missing the V8. I mean, someone asks how to order one and all they get is snarky comments and those tired "Removed Hellcat Option" jokes. I'm sure when Ford switched out the V8 for the V6 it got the same amount of hate, but you don't hear about it anymore.

Anyone else annoyed by all this irrational hate on what could be a great truck? I have one on order and couldn't be more excited.

If you search this forum, yours is the only one that uses that phrase (Removed Hellcat Option). So I assume you're talking about "somewhere else" on the internet that's throwing shade. If you're referring to the TRX forum, well, what else can you expect. Just like you won't see any love for the Raptor there.

If you search this forum, yours is the only one that uses that phrase (Removed Hellcat Option). So I assume you're talking about "somewhere else" on the internet that's throwing shade. If you're referring to the TRX forum, well, what else can you expect. Just like you won't see any love for the Raptor
I see it a lot on FB, Insta, and Youtube posts about the RHO

Forums or social media are generally small population but yea I never understood the cult like following that trucks needs to have a v8 but I ignore the haters. I always wanted a v8, but never in a truck. For me it must be a manual and 4 door to be practical. I had one on order but unfortunately cancel it to get the RHO since I got rid of my gladiator. That manual transmission was absolutely garbage. Loved everything else about it tho. I'm also super excited for the RHO

It's irrelevant. The first generation Raptor was a V8 and then the 2nd gen came out with a V6 and guess what, people moaned, groaned and complained but they got over it. There's always going to be haters. ALWAYS.

I have people at work hating BMW and yet they've never owned one. Just ignore them and keep pushing.

I don't think it's about the hating. A lot of ppl gets into the TRX because it is a big badass V8 supercharged fast beast. Most of the ppl that complain about the death of the V8 have 15 cars all hotrods and that is all they care about. Just assumption on my part, but I also believe a lot of the ppl grew up in that 70's muscle car period and just don't want to see a future without new badass V8s coming out. So, every 6 something turbo that comes out replacing a V8 that is really good scares them. So, they just want to shame with the whole sound thing coming from the tail pipes to get others to boycott it too. I figure here on the rho forum I will have more in common with this community than the TRX because I too also love the truck and don't really care if it come with a V8 or not. As long as the truck makes good power and is fun to drive. The gas milage I am sure will be a plus too.

I agree with you 100%. Usually, the hate comes mainly from people who don't even own a TRX or Raptor. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Period.

I don't think it's about the hating. A lot of ppl gets into the TRX because it is a big badass V8 supercharged fast beast. Most of the ppl that complain about the death of the V8 have 15 cars all hotrods and that is all they care about. Just assumption on my part, but I also believe a lot of the ppl grew up in that 70's muscle car period and just don't want to see a future without new badass V8s coming out. So, every 6 something turbo that comes out replacing a V8 that is really good scares them. So, they just want to shame with the whole sound thing coming from the tail pipes to get others to boycott it too. I figure here on the rho forum I will have more in common with this community than the TRX because I too also love the truck and don't really care if it come with a V8 or not. As long as the truck makes good power and is fun to drive. The gas milage I am sure will be a plus too.
Honestly,
When you look at it, most of the people that complain about the death of the big V8’s don’t actually even have one, nor can they afford it. I had a guy giving me crap about ordering and RHO, telling me it was a wanna be TRX. I asked him what color his TRX was and he said I don’t have one, I said “that’s cool, my TRX is silver, the jeep 392 that I traded in on my silver power wagon was anvil, and with all three of those big V8’s only my TRX puts out more HP.” He didn’t like that at all. I will absolutely love the RHO parked right next to the TRX in the driveway.

Honestly,
When you look at it, most of the people that complain about the death of the big V8’s don’t actually even have one, nor can they afford it. I had a guy giving me crap about ordering and RHO, telling me it was a wanna be TRX. I asked him what color his TRX was and he said I don’t have one, I said “that’s cool, my TRX is silver, the jeep 392 that I traded in on my silver power wagon was anvil, and with all three of those big V8’s only my TRX puts out more HP.” He didn’t like that at all. I will absolutely love the RHO parked right next to the TRX in the driveway.
Whats making you keep both??

Whats making you keep both??
I love my TRX. It’s almost paid for, I just don’t see myself ever getting rid of it, unless I get an insane offer lol. My wife and I like to travel a lot and getting close to 20 MPG on the highway beats the hell out of 13, and still be able to go play in the mountains is a huge plus.

TRXers arent hating on it because of the lack of the V8 they are hating on it because it looks exactly like their truck for half the price. They are upset that people might confuse them for owning a 70/80k dollar truck instead of a 100k+ dollar truck.

I love my V8's. My wife has a Durango R/T and my weekender is a LS2 GTO. I care absolutely 0% that my RHO won't have a V8.

I love my TRX. It’s almost paid for, I just don’t see myself ever getting rid of it, unless I get an insane offer lol. My wife and I like to travel a lot and getting close to 20 MPG on the highway beats the hell out of 13, and still be able to go play in the mountains is a huge plus.
Same here. TRX almost paid for. RHO’s mileage will be an extreme benifit for road trips and commuting purposes. Which is why the wife and I want one. We loved the TRX so much we contemplated getting another one. But the mileage just held us back. Rock on to all the people keeping their Rex next to their rhino

Same here. TRX almost paid for. RHO’s mileage will be an extreme benifit for road trips and commuting purposes. Which is why the wife and I want one. We loved the TRX so much we contemplated getting another one. But the mileage just held us back. Rock on to all the people keeping their Rex next to their rhino
Im right there with you on mileage. Its not the financial part of it but just sucks only getting 400 miles on a full tank lol.

Im right there with you on mileage. Its not the financial part of it but just sucks only getting 400 miles on a full tank lol.
400 is being generous 😂

TRXers arent hating on it because of the lack of the V8 they are hating on it because it looks exactly like their truck for half the price. They are upset that people might confuse them for owning a 70/80k dollar truck instead of a 100k+ dollar truck.
I wish it was half the price, LMAO. 30 days after bringing her home she'll have more into her than majority of TRX owners but even before that the savings is really only significant vs the 2024 year. I too wish the looks didn't match exactly but that's because I'd prefer not having my windows smashed out by someone trying to lift a hellcat and finding a hellhound instead.

There, fixed it for you. :D
LMAO...dick. That is HILARIOUS but I was referring to my rescued German Shepherd, he doesn't take kindly to strangers under the best of circumstances.

We have a glass window next to front door (because builders don't value security?) and he lunges at window when someone comes near. I have so many security camera videos of delivery drivers throwing our packages after being startled by a dog jumping at the window and barking. As I write this, I still have stitches in my forehead from him full sprint jumping into my head like it was an illusion.
He is why we can't order nice things...

Back