What's new

Spotted in the wild

First under-the-hood picture I’ve seen. I wonder if that’s the stock air box. I’m a little surprised that it’s not making use of the hood intake snout. That would be a shame if true. I wish I could see the underside of the hood (to see if the scoop has ports into the engine bay).
The TFL vid shows that the hood scoop is functional with that air box. About 7 mins in.

First under-the-hood picture I’ve seen. I wonder if that’s the stock air box. I’m a little surprised that it’s not making use of the hood intake snout. That would be a shame if true. I wish I could see the underside of the hood (to see if the scoop has ports into the engine bay).
Yes they already said truck will come with this air intake. And the hood has full functionality for airflow straight to the airbox.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_190508_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_190508_YouTube.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 46
That’s just a finger point into the abyss

here’s a pic of my engine bay.
Red is TRX airflow pattern.
Blue is RHO airflow pattern?

1724549629254.png

here’s a pic of my engine bay.
Red is TRX airflow pattern.
Blue is RHO airflow pattern?

View attachment 469
Yes; blue approximates the RHO air flow pattern, but it does not connect at the same point as your engine.

Last edited:
The opening/abyss on the underside of the hood mates to this air box and filter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_222227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824_222227_Chrome.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 17
The opening/abyss on the underside of the hood mates to this air box and filter.
So the hood scoop is the only source of air for the engine, right? I don’t see any opening on the side that would allow fresh air in.

I believe this youtube provides a better view of the RHO cold air intake and hood vent.

Seeing lots of RHO in wild photos, but no interior shots…hmmm

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the tow mirrors though I’m not sure if I like them or not. I’m sure eventually they will all be some version of these mirrors on all trucks.
The 16% take rate Anthony has been showing for two mirrors means most people aren't opting for them, but if you tow travel trailers, they are a must. I tow a 30' trailer regularly with my 1500 and wish it had tow mirrors. I am excited to have them on my new RHO, but I get they aren't for everyone, people seriously towing with this truck will be in the minority.

The 16% take rate Anthony has been showing for two mirrors means most people aren't opting for them, but if you tow travel trailers, they are a must. I tow a 30' trailer regularly with my 1500 and wish it had tow mirrors. I am excited to have them on my new RHO, but I get they aren't for everyone, people seriously towing with this truck will be in the minority.
That's about the same rate as the TRX saw (for tow mirrors). It would probably have been higher, but a good portion of the TRX's built were pre-configured (all the special editions, for example).

1724610574935.png

Watch the You Tube videos of the launch. It shows how the air flows. Raitis rides is a good video to look at.

Watch the You Tube videos of the launch. It shows how the air flows. Raitis rides is a good video to look at.
See post 23 above, lol. I don't do FaceTube - I don't have the patience for it. Anyways, it's much more fun to pester all of y'all for the information!

See post 23 above, lol. I don't do FaceTube - I don't have the patience for it. Anyways, it's much more fun to pester all of y'all for the information!
Yeah watching that video would've taken way longer than this interaction.

Did y’all notice the non-tow mirrors are gloss black? That’s a nice touch. Originally saw it on the white one above then noticed it’s standard, I dig it. This damn thing is sharp, even the guy wearing the ford shirt is drooling over it.

Look at post 18, 3'rd picture down, side view of the red RHO; it looks to me like it has power running boards on it.

Look at post 18, 3'rd picture down, side view of the red RHO; it looks to me like it has power running boards on it.
I zoomed in, not power boards, but these are very nice considering. I’m definitely going to run power boards.

Attachments

• IMG_7336.jpeg
    IMG_7336.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 66
Back