What's new

What Vehicle Are You Leaving Behind for the RHO?

Poots

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
04 Ford Ranger Edge
Hey All,

I'm currently using a 2017 Altima as a daily driver and an 04 Ranger Edge (manual) as my work/camping/fun driver. The RHO will be a milestone for me. First new vehicle, and will my consolidated daily driver (going to hang on to the Ranger for my son).

Curious to know if there are others out there in a similar boat? Or are you already in a great truck?

I'll be leaving behind a Manual 2016 Chevy SS -- It's a blast to drive, and I'll miss the stick + V8, but I miss the utility of the truck for yardwork/picking-up-lumber (used to have a 2011 F150 FX4) and having some higher seats will help getting our kiddo in/out of her carseat. I was originally looking at getting a Chevy Silverado ZR2 or Ram Rebel late-this-year/early-next-year, but once I saw the RHO reveal, I knew it'd be the one--plenty of utility but also looks like it'll be fun to drive.

2021 Gladiator Mojave. Can’t wait to leave that thing behind!!!!!!!

I'll be leaving behind a Manual 2016 Chevy SS -- It's a blast to drive, and I'll miss the stick + V8, but I miss the utility of the truck for yardwork/picking-up-lumber (used to have a 2011 F150 FX4) and having some higher seats will help getting our kiddo in/out of her carseat. I was originally looking at getting a Chevy Silverado ZR2 or Ram Rebel late-this-year/early-next-year, but once I saw the RHO reveal, I knew it'd be the one--plenty of utility but also looks like it'll be fun to drive.
I was looking at the Silverado ZR2 as well... The sticker price was more than the RHO ( and the RHO has all the options I wanted). Actually got pretty lucky - seeing the ZR2 sticker and then finding the discount on the RHO helped convince the wifey.

Hey All,

I'm currently using a 2017 Altima as a daily driver and an 04 Ranger Edge (manual) as my work/camping/fun driver. The RHO will be a milestone for me. First new vehicle, and will my consolidated daily driver (going to hang on to the Ranger for my son).

Curious to know if there are others out there in a similar boat? Or are you already in a great truck?
Congratulations! Well deserved I'm sure.

Why if I may ask?
Interior never felt big enough coming from an F150.. feels like a shaky wobbly mess going above 80 mph... everything feels like cheap plastic... Fox Shocks have been repaired/replaced twice due to leaking... it is slower than molasses... the infotainment screen is smaller than my iPhone...

Interior never felt big enough coming from an F150.. feels like a shaky wobbly mess going above 80 mph... everything feels like cheap plastic... Fox Shocks have been repaired/replaced twice due to leaking... it is slower than molasses... the infotainment screen is smaller than my iPhone...
I can understand that. I waited months to be able to drive the new ranger. Raptor and I was disappointed on the size, mainly. Because I am also used to driving big trucks. I have high hopes for the RHO. I also hope we can get it before end of year🤞

Currently leaving behind my 2013 2-door Jeep (JK) on a 4 inch lift on 37's. I will still own it, but it will no longer be my daily driver. My wife and my dogs are very thankful!

I also will be leaving behind my 2022 AT4 great truck but need a new vehicle for tax purposes. I also always wanted a TRX but the price never made sense to me.

I also will be leaving behind my 2022 AT4 great truck but need a new vehicle for tax purposes. I also always wanted a TRX but the price never made sense to me.
Ooooh that is one of the full size trucks I was looking at! That is a beautiful truck. The RHO is just so damn capable, luxurious, and by today's standards: AFFORDABLE! Especially with the Mark Dodge/Koons/Granger discount... The thing with the RHO is that unless you are towing something HUGE, or you are used to one of the two 700hp monsters (TRX, RaptorR)... there aren't very many compromises here! Truly the best of everything. My hopes are very high for this thing!!

Ooooh that is one of the full size trucks I was looking at! That is a beautiful truck. The RHO is just so damn capable, luxurious, and by today's standards: AFFORDABLE! Especially with the Mark Dodge/Koons/Granger discount... The thing with the RHO is that unless you are towing something HUGE, or you are used to one of the two 700hp monsters (TRX, RaptorR)... there aren't very many compromises here! Truly the best of everything. My hopes are very high for this thing!!
I agree! I have to say I am grateful to have found the forum. Anything you ask. There is always someone to answer it, and that is very valuable. At the end of the wait, it will feel like a brother hood lol

coming from a 2013 gen 1 raptor on 37s and Fox 3.0 shocks.
Was looking heavily into picking up a pre owned TRX, then this was announced and after dealer discounts it was a no brainer.

Was looking heavily into picking up a pre owned TRX, then this was announced and after dealer discounts it was a no brainer.
The Raptor has been my dream vehicle from the very first time it was ever announced.. this is the year that I could finally afford a new one but 1) it is under 6000 lbs which hurts me for tax purposes and 2) you get so much more bang for your buck with the 2025 RHO compared to a 2024 Raptor! Never considered a RAM until the RHO! Honestly.. throw in the $10,000 discounts most of us are getting and it is a NO BRAINER!!

The Raptor has been my dream vehicle from the very first time it was ever announced.. this is the year that I could finally afford a new one but 1) it is under 6000 lbs which hurts me for tax purposes and 2) you get so much more bang for your buck with the 2025 RHO compared to a 2024 Raptor! Never considered a RAM until the RHO! Honestly.. throw in the $10,000 discounts most of us are getting and it is a NO BRAINER!!
I am right there with you. Raptor was always my first option until the TRX. Like you said with the discounts and weighing over six thousand pounds, it's a no brainer.

Exactly. I was cross shopping TRX’s and 3rd gen raptors. RHO came out and I placed my order a few days later. It just made too much sense

Send me a PM about tax purposes... Assuming you mean for a business/LLC?

Haha I have a 2014 with Fox 3.0 all around and the RPG Stage 4+ when it was a thing...

Either that or our 2023 Wrangler. God willing both will be gone and I can get a beater for the 16 year old.

Attachments

• 1693405052-PXL_20230830_140015626.jpg
    1693405052-PXL_20230830_140015626.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 37
  • raptor profile pic.jpg
    raptor profile pic.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 36
I was looking at the Silverado ZR2 as well... The sticker price was more than the RHO ( and the RHO has all the options I wanted). Actually got pretty lucky - seeing the ZR2 sticker and then finding the discount on the RHO helped convince the wifey.
Seriously man! It’s a ridiculous value with the discount and seems a lot more special/capable than the zr2

Back