What's new

Harmon Kardon System

If you’re after payload, RHO won’t be the truck for you. It will almost surely have the lowest payload of the 2025 lineup.
Yes and No. Yes, it will have the 2nd lowest payload in lineup but incorrect that it won't be the truck for me. I placed and order and rule of "no takebacks" is in place.

Why this truck might be better with payload than you are realizing. I was looking at a Sierra AT4 and its payload ended up being less than my Highlander, and somehow less than my Sedan, lol. What one needs or doesn't need is entirely a matter of one's perspective. Owning a truck without a care to payload, when as you mention is already low for its class, does seem silly to me. If you haven't a care in the slightest about payload then an SUV would seem a far better endeavor, from my perspective.

As it is, the RHO, meets my towing, payload, offroad, and fun requirements.

Yes and No. Yes, it will have the 2nd lowest payload in lineup but incorrect that it won't be the truck for me. I placed and order and rule of "no takebacks" is in place.

Why this truck might be better with payload than you are realizing. I was looking at a Sierra AT4 and its payload ended up being less than my Highlander, and somehow less than my Sedan, lol. What one needs or doesn't need is entirely a matter of one's perspective. Owning a truck without a care to payload, when as you mention is already low for its class, does seem silly to me. If you haven't a care in the slightest about payload then an SUV would seem a far better endeavor, from my perspective.

As it is, the RHO, meets my towing, payload, offroad, and fun requirements.
Well, look on the bright side. It can’t be worse than the TRX. Mine has 1107 lbs of available payload. I would bet that the worst RHO still beats that by 300 lbs.

Well, look on the bright side. It can’t be worse than the TRX. Mine has 1107 lbs of available payload. I would bet that the worst RHO still beats that by 300 lbs.
1400 is where I'm hoping is the low-end floor. I didn't know the TRX was as low as the Sierra AT4. Thats crazy to me. Makes sense though, neighbor has a Hennessey Mammoth 1000 and he doesn't haul anything more than 2 car seats and boatload of revving grins.

This truck will be my run n gun truck and camping rig but will also probably tow my flatbed for hardwood and metal pickups. I don't mind it squatting every now and again, so long its knees don't crack and pop when he gets back up. Weight distribution hitches are a wonderful thing

Good guess because the motor is about 300lbs lighter. Lolo.

I test drove a Limited with the HK system and it sounded amazing to me. I'm curious to see what the Klipsch system sounds like on the Tungsten. I'm not a huge audiophile, but I do love a nice sound system. You won't be disappointed, and if you are, just swap out the speakers.
Even the best speakers can sound like poo if the source is also poo. I'm more concerned with the head unit and amp(s)

Even the best speakers can sound like poo if the source is also poo. I'm more concerned with the head unit and amp(s)
True. But it’s the exact same system as in previous models, it sounds incredible.

Very true, but people are more likely to replace speakers over a head unit or amp on these trucks, simply because of the headache of finding a compatable amp.

Very true, but people are more likely to replace speakers over a head unit or amp on these trucks, simply because of the headache of finding a compatable amp.
Why would they need to replace the speakers?

Why would they need to replace the speakers?
Because some people will want better tweeters for those higher frequencies that the OEM system can't perform at. Tweeters were just an example...... obviously other speakers have frequency limitations, so they might get speakers with carbon fiber cones and gold plated connections, better RMS and so on and so on.

Because some people will want better tweeters for those higher frequencies that the OEM system can't perform at. Tweeters were just an example...... obviously other speakers have frequency limitations, so they might get speakers with carbon fiber cones and gold plated connections, better RMS and so on and so on.
Have you even heard the current system just curious?

Have you even heard the current system just curious?
Have you read my original post regarding the OEM HK system? I said that the HK sounds amazing. I was responding to someone else's comment before you jumped in and assumed I was bashing the HK system.

Have you read my original post regarding the OEM HK system? I said that the HK sounds amazing. I was responding to someone else's comment before you jumped in and assumed I was bashing the HK system.
I’m not assuming anything and no I didn’t read your original comment. I was just wondering if there was an issue regarding the system, so if people want to rip out a perfectly good system, it is Trump’s America to do so. 🤙🏼

I’m not assuming anything and no I didn’t read your original comment. I was just wondering if there was an issue regarding the system, so if people want to rip out a perfectly good system, it is Trump’s America to do so. 🤙🏼

Lol, ok.

I won’t bash the OEM systems…they are fine for most folks.

I built competition grade sound systems in the late 80s, early 90s. I know, I know…we are in the 2020s, but music source material and speakers/amps have only gotten crappier. It’s true.

So, would I pay extra for HK? Is Alpine that much worse? No & no. Both offer very similar listening experiences. If anything, the Alpine system’s highs are a bit crisper. Are either audiophile grade? No.

Last edited:
Back