What's new

I have a a scheduled date!

Now that all these updates are rolling in, when should we expect the first RHO to hit the shelf and the owner get handed their keys?
Press drives are scheduled for early Oct (1st week?)…there will be an information embargo in place for at least a few days, so no one news outlet/youtuber gets the scoop out before anyone else…guessing the trucks will hit dealer lots AFTER the embargo expires.

So, maybe Oct 15th?

Make it sep 31st and they 3rd quarter quota
I hope so!!! My estimated ship date is 19sept, hopefully it doesn't take 2 weeks to hit the dealer lot. I honestly wouldn't care picking it up dirty from transport. A quick pdi look over and hit the road!

I hope so!!! My estimated ship date is 19sept, hopefully it doesn't take 2 weeks to hit the dealer lot. I honestly wouldn't care picking it up dirty from transport. A quick pdi look over and hit the road!
Are you driving your vehicle back?

Press drives are scheduled for early Oct (1st week?)…there will be an information embargo in place for at least a few days, so no one news outlet/youtuber gets the scoop out before anyone else…guessing the trucks will hit dealer lots AFTER the embargo expires.

So, maybe Oct 15th?
Guys have 9/19 delivery dates. You don't think press will get a peak earlier??

Guys have 9/19 delivery dates. You don't think press will get a peak earlier??
Don’t confuse “estimated shipping date” with the date the truck will hit the dealer. Our forum dealer has tried to explain the jargon…estimated shipping date basically equals the date Ram expects the vehicle to be completed & thru QI…it’s subject to change, as not every truck will get thru production & QI in 10 days…and, trucks can sit in lots for weeks, waiting on release by the factory & transport.

The early Oct press intros was also reported by a forum dealer. It was originally scheduled for Sept, but got moved to Oct.

Of course, it’s all subject to change, but I think if press junkets were moved back to Sept, we’d have heard about it by now.

Don’t confuse “estimated shipping date” with the date the truck will hit the dealer. Our forum dealer has tried to explain the jargon…estimated shipping date basically equals the date Ram expects the vehicle to be completed & thru QI…it’s subject to change, as not every truck will get thru production & QI in 10 days…and, trucks can sit in lots for weeks, waiting on release by the factory & transport.

The early Oct press intros was also reported by a forum dealer. It was originally scheduled for Sept, but got moved to Oct.

Of course, it’s all subject to change, but I think if press junkets were moved back to Sept, we’d have heard about it by now.
Just cherry-picking a truck from the TRX forum as an example of the timing:

One user had an official "estimated ship date" of 7/12/23 (he reported it on 7/12/23, so it was current information). His build sheet was produced on 7/13/23 (which is typically the next business day after the truck comes off the assembly line). He had a window sticker on 8/7/23, which was 20 days later (meaning the truck was released from the factory for shipping).
This is one of many examples. I'm still firm on the statement that "estimated ship date" is the actual build date. Not necessarily the date that it's through the body vendor and final inspections.
That said, many Bighorns and other base-model trucks see the build sheet and window sticker with only 1 day difference. So in those cases, the "estimated ship date" would be almost synonymous with the actual ship date. But for any trucks that go to the body vendor (and are complicated orders, such as the RHO), there's absolutely a lag.

Just cherry-picking a truck from the TRX forum as an example of the timing:

One user had an official "estimated ship date" of 7/12/23 (he reported it on 7/12/23, so it was current information). His build sheet was produced on 7/13/23 (which is typically the next business day after the truck comes off the assembly line). He had a window sticker on 8/7/23, which was 20 days later (meaning the truck was released from the factory for shipping).
This is one of many examples. I'm still firm on the statement that "estimated ship date" is the actual build date. Not necessarily the date that it's through the body vendor and final inspections.
That said, many Bighorns and other base-model trucks see the build sheet and window sticker with only 1 day difference. So in those cases, the "estimated ship date" would be almost synonymous with the actual ship date. But for any trucks that go to the body vendor (and are complicated orders, such as the RHO), there's absolutely a lag.
Far as I can tell, correct. It's really hard to see in past-tense on these, because unless we're pulling data daily and recording it, we can't see WHEN the build sheet was created, or when window sticker was created, only that it is available or unavailable on any given day (and we have day jobs lol). We can see when we were first billed/drafted on a vehicle, but not on my screen, so I'm not really going to bother accounting daily to see that either. Someone better at data pulling and organizing than me, may have better luck.

But I'm sure that given this crowd, there will be plenty of data points!

Far as I can tell, correct. It's really hard to see in past-tense on these, because unless we're pulling data daily and recording it, we can't see WHEN the build sheet was created, or when window sticker was created, only that it is available or unavailable on any given day (and we have day jobs lol). We can see when we were first billed/drafted on a vehicle, but not on my screen, so I'm not really going to bother accounting daily to see that either. Someone better at data pulling and organizing than me, may have better luck.

But I'm sure that given this crowd, there will be plenty of data points!
Yeah, that's one of the bad things with collecting the data on Ram trucks. If you don't get it "the day of", it's almost impossible to know the timing later. Window stickers have a date stamp that's traceable, but the build sheets (that don't exist anymore) don't.
I got out of the business of scanning the servers on a daily basis - primarily because they stopped publishing build sheets. But in hindsight, I'm glad they did. It was way too much work for no pay, lol

Yeah, that's one of the bad things with collecting the data on Ram trucks. If you don't get it "the day of", it's almost impossible to know the timing later. Window stickers have a date stamp that's traceable, but the build sheets (that don't exist anymore) don't.
I got out of the business of scanning the servers on a daily basis - primarily because they stopped publishing build sheets. But in hindsight, I'm glad they did. It was way too much work for no pay, lol
While the nuance of many more "dates" is cool, to me (and I believe to most customers) is ORDER, BUILT (with an emphasis on the T), and DELIVERED.
If you use window sticker as the "builT" component, the rest should be pretty easy. PM me where you are able to see the window sticker trace? Wonder if it is any easier than parts on my end.

While the nuance of many more "dates" is cool, to me (and I believe to most customers) is ORDER, BUILT (with an emphasis on the T), and DELIVERED.
If you use window sticker as the "builT" component, the rest should be pretty easy. PM me where you are able to see the window sticker trace? Wonder if it is any easier than parts on my end.
Just PM'd you.

Do they schedule builds everday? Or is it only once a month for the next month?

Do they schedule builds everday? Or is it only once a month for the next month?
My experience is that it is "generally" once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less (especially if there are plant shutdowns or parts shortages).

Gottem…
checked at 7 am my time and no update. 3 hours later…

Diamond black
Level 1
Pano
Beadlock
Bed utility

Attachments

• IMG_2575.png
    IMG_2575.png
    165 KB · Views: 61
Gottem…
checked at 7 am my time and no update. 3 hours later…

Diamond black
Level 1
Pano
Beadlock
Bed utility
Congrats.

Reactions: MTG
Back