What's new

Sterling Heights Update

Dcchris311

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Military
USN
I took this information from the 5th Gen forum, I'm am not taking credit for this. I'm just sharing it.

INFORMATION BULLETIN FOR EMPLOYEES
STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
UPDATED - VACATION SHUTDOWN NOTICE
IN ACCORDANCE WITH LETTER (69) PLANT VACATION SHUTDOWN U.S.
PLANTS OF THE 2019 LETTERS, MEMORANDA AND AGREEMENTS,
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT
STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
WILL BE OBSERVING A LAUNCH VACATION SHUTDOWN FOR THE WEEKS OF
July 1,2024—July 14, 2024
THERE WILL ALSO BE A TEMPORARY LAYOFF FOR THE WEEK OF
July 15, 2024—July 21, 2024
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED, NO EMPLOYEES ARE TO REPORT TO WORK
DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

I believe this is the anticipated shutdown for the factory retooling, not sure. Basically we can count July out, hopefully they start building RHO in August.

I agree due to the term “lanch vacation”

“Temporary layoff”. Wouldn’t that only apply if current vehicle inventories exceeded anticipated demand?

I’m a bit concerned about the economy at the moment. It’s been a fun ride these past few years, driven by low interest rates & huge jumps in home equity. Those days seem to be over.

Was vacationing in UT & stopped at a local burger joint for two beers & two burgers. Tab with tip was $80. Seems like that was $25-$30, just a few years ago. Got home & my wife stopped into a chain, organic food store & got 3 tomatoes…$14! How do young families survive?

It's been discussed and planned since at least December, though they've moved the dates.
It is for re-tooling the line to make the REV. If I recall correctly, will be twice this year.

So if you got D1 status with a July 22, 2024 build date would it be good or bad .. lol

So if you got D1 status with a July 22, 2024 build date would it be good or bad .. lol
Should be great... Well rested and ready to work! I am assuming that first day back is a slow start up very controlled. At least the manufacturing plant I worked at that's how we restarted after a couple days off, 1 line at a time with mechanics at each one

When did you get D-1 status?
Never said I did, just a question on if it would be a good thing to get the initial trucks after the line restarts ..

Reactions: MTG
Never said I did, just a question on if it would be a good thing to get the initial trucks after the line restarts ..
In my observations over the past few years of production, you generally don't want to be in the first few weeks of production of a new trim. They usually get through the production line quickly, but then get stuck in "inspection" for weeks or even months. At some point a few weeks later, the newest ones roll off the line and fly through to shipping quickly...and the original ones just sit there until they can get around to fixing the squawks.

Is the assembly plant in Sterling Heights open and building vehicles yet or are they still on "vacation"?

Order tracking website is acting up. I wonder if they're updating build dates

Order tracking website is acting up. I wonder if they're updating build dates
Mine was working 30 minutes ago & now it say's this "No information is available at this time. Please check back later."

Mine was working 30 minutes ago & now it say's this "No information is available at this time. Please check back later."
same here

back to normal

Down for me still... From California

"I pray that when it comes back online, I see a D1 status" :ROFLMAO:

Back