What's new

Sterling Heights Update

I just got an email from the factory, my Rebel went into production today and went from E, F and G status with an estimated delivery date of 10/9.
That's actually very telling. Yours went into "production" and delivery is Oct. So all us RHO guys sitting in D aren't getting our trucks for a while.

I'm starting to get a little paranoid now. I got the email Saturday saying my truck was in production but now here it is late Monday, 5pm on the east coast and I still havent gotten the email saying my truck has been built. I dont know how much work gets done at the assembly plant on weekends but 4 day's (including Friday) to build a truck from scratch? I'm hoping it isn't one of the trucks that get built and at the end of the line, it has problems that need to be fixed before it goes off the the body vendor.

I'm starting to get a little paranoid now. I got the email Saturday saying my truck was in production but now here it is late Monday, 5pm on the east coast and I still havent gotten the email saying my truck has been built. I dont know how much work gets done at the assembly plant on weekends but 4 day's (including Friday) to build a truck from scratch? I'm hoping it isn't one of the trucks that get built and at the end of the line, it has problems that need to be fixed before it goes off the the body vendor.
You are absolutely fine, don't panic. It takes time to update the tracker.

Here is my build from 2022.. still driving it with no issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_151244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_151244_Samsung Internet.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 72
Your email stated literally in production with date? I didn't think anything was getting built until 18 Aug?

You’re in the wrong group

This is the speculation RHO forum where we go crazy on any news about our trucks even starting to be built on a future date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_174942_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_174942_Email.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 98
You’re in the wrong group
I know I'm in the wrong group. I came here for info since no other forums or sites had any info. Anyone here that want me to leave or stop posting, just say so.

Just realized you have the same order confirmation date as me wondered if I will see any movement or status update anytime soon.

I know I'm in the wrong group. I came here for info since no other forums or sites had any info. Anyone here that want me to leave or stop posting, just say so.
You are fine man.. I would've just mentioned it's a Rebel build. Good luck. Let us know how you like it.

Not telling you to leave or anything like it - you’re welcome to be here. But since you mentioned that you couldn’t find a forum with info…try www.5thGenRams.com.
Lots of good info there on production as well as other stuff. And it’s not trim-specific like this one.

You are fine man.. I would've just mentioned it's a Rebel build. Good luck. Let us know how you like it.
I did mention it was a Rebel earlier. But like I said, this was the only site/forum where I was actually able to get any updated info on anything so I joined. I want my truck just as bad as everyone else here does. Like I said in previous posts, I have no patience, I'm shocked I've lasted this long waiting.

Not telling you to leave or anything like it - you’re welcome to be here. But since you mentioned that you couldn’t find a forum with info…try www.5thGenRams.com.
Lots of good info there on production as well as other stuff. And it’s not trim-specific like this one.
I've tried that site, this site had more info about production and when the plant was going to be shut down, for how long and for what reason. Maybe it's there and I just wasnt looking hard enough, but everytime I did a search, the search brought me here.

Nope you're good

So what made you decide on going with the skinny truck?

So what made you decide on going with the skinny truck?
I've always wanted the Rebel, I loved the TRX but I wasnt paying the prices they were asking. Plus a neighbor had a TRX and he said on a good day he got 9mpg daily driving it. Plus my wife needs the exit/entry mode (air suspension) to get in and out of it even with the side steps so the RHO is out. It just kills me that they dropped the V-8.

I've always wanted the Rebel, I loved the TRX but I wasnt paying the prices they were asking. Plus a neighbor had a TRX and he said on a good day he got 9mpg daily driving it. Plus my wife needs the exit/entry mode (air suspension) to get in and out of it even with the side steps so the RHO is out. It just kills me that they dropped the V-8.
Dropping the V8 and releasing the RHO solved two problems for you. Price and mpg, and your rebel doesn’t have an V8 either. Are you referring to fixed steps or the powered drop step?

Last edited:
Dropping the V8 and releasing the RHO solved two problems for you. Price and mpg, and your rebel doesn’t have an V8 either. Are you referring to fixed steps or the powered drop step?
My wife needs the fixed running boards to get into the truck and the entry/exit mode with the air suspension.

My wife needs the fixed running boards to get into the truck and the entry/exit mode with the air suspension.
To be honest, she would have an easier time with the folding steps. They get lower (at least the Amp steps do) and create a perfect mid-step between the ground and the cab.
The airbags only lower the truck a few inches in entry/exit mode.

To be honest, she would have an easier time with the folding steps. They get lower (at least the Amp steps do) and create a perfect mid-step between the ground and the cab.
The airbags only lower the truck a few inches in entry/exit mode.
I have the air suspension on my wife's Grand Cherokee. While it's low enough to not need steps, we find that waiting on the entry/exit mode to lower/raise was just too time consuming and not worth the wait. Granted the RAM sits much higher, I still agree the extra 2 inches isn't really that helpful. I have power steps on my current truck and they are vastly more useful than air suspension as far as ingress/egress.

Back