RHO Bed/Tonneau Covers

Nitro

ram.raɪ.noʊ
Staff member
Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Current Ride
23 StormTrooper TRX
Which Bed/Tonneau Cover are you considering for the RHO?

The new BAK Revolver with the T-Slot Rails is something I would consider:
BAK Revolver X4ts 5.7ft Bed Cover w_T-Slot Rails for 2019-2024 Ram 1500 (w_o Ram Box) _ Rebel...jpg

BAK_Revolver_X4ts_5.7ft_Bed_Cover_wT-Slot_Rails_for_2019-2024_Ram_1500_wo_Ram_Box_Rebel_2021-2...jpg

That is really nice, will likely end up with the Bak Flip MX4. I have been messing with one and really like the hard cover and how well it folds back.

I will be going the Leer or bak flip as soon as I get mine. I get 2mpg better on the gladiator mohave with it on the highway.

Has anyone tried one of these Peragon covers?

*Edit: did some looking into these, the look cool and I like that when fully open, it doesn't block the rear window, but they have an issue with stuff loaded towards the cab, which is how I always pack our gear when camping, so it wouldn't work for me. Also even though it is a hard top, it has a 50lb limit which seems too low.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the Retrax One XR Tonneau Cover. I have no experience with it other than a friend of mine uses this cover and I like the way it operated. I also really want the T-slots for using rack accessories later down the road. I was also thinking about the Pro system which is aluminum and a bit sturdier but haven't made up my mine on it yet.

If anyone has used Retrax before on other trucks, would love to hear your thoughts.

I was considering the trifold from factory. How does it compare to other popular aftermarket options around 1k? I'm also considering Lomax

I was considering the trifold from factory. How does it compare to other popular aftermarket options around 1k? I'm also considering Lomax
I was really dissatisfied after about 1 year. I noticed a bit of discoloration underneath and it had started fading pretty bad. Keep in mind it’s a soft tri-fold cover. I passed on it when I ordered my RHO. I’d rather put that money towards a quality hard tri-fold.

I was really dissatisfied after about 1 year. I noticed a bit of discoloration underneath and it had started fading pretty bad. Keep in mind it’s a soft tri-fold cover. I passed on it when I ordered my RHO. I’d rather put that money towards a quality hard tri-fold.
Exactly why I skipped. Would rather get a bak flip

I'm going to go with the Retrax One XR Tonneau Cover. I have no experience with it other than a friend of mine uses this cover and I like the way it operated. I also really want the T-slots for using rack accessories later down the road. I was also thinking about the Pro system which is aluminum and a bit sturdier but haven't made up my mine on it yet.

If anyone has used Retrax before on other trucks, would love to hear your thoughts.
I run the RetraxPro XR on my TRX, and have nothing but good things to say about it. With a Rambar, it doesn't sit fully flush towards the front (since it has to ride over the flange and bolts). But that would be an issue for any tonneau.

rambar-tonneau.jpg

I think I’ll go with the UnderCover ArmorFlex. I had this cover on my F-150 and it was a quality, well-built cover. I like that it’s sprayed with something similar to bed liner over aluminum panels

Wow thanks I didn't realize it was a soft cover. That's a hard pass for me def will go aftermarket then

I have really started digging the rambar, the revolver is starting to look like a really good option. The MX4 can't fully open with a rambar which is an issue. But I guess with the rambar you wouldn't want the t-slot option correct?

I have really started digging the rambar, the revolver is starting to look like a really good option. The MX4 can't fully open with a rambar which is an issue. But I guess with the rambar you wouldn't want the t-slot option correct?
No reason you couldn’t have t-slots with the Rambar (my tonneau has them, but I’ve never used them). There’s still plenty of available bed area to mount other rails or carriers or machine guns or whatever.

I run the RetraxPro XR on my TRX, and have nothing but good things to say about it. With a Rambar, it doesn't sit fully flush towards the front (since it has to ride over the flange and bolts). But that would be an issue for any tonneau.

View attachment 99
Rtrax is awesome, Super pricey but solid. I wish it suited my use case. I'll likely being going Softopper route with puppy hole for middle window so they can get some AC and feel included.

Which Bed/Tonneau Cover are you considering for the RHO?

The new BAK Revolver with the T-Slot Rails is something I would consider:
View attachment 82

View attachment 83
I am looking at this Bak revolver with T slot rails.. or the RetraxPro with T slot rails.
X4TS pros: cheaper, love the low profile look, doesnt eat up bed space with canister.
RetraxPro: more secure, will probably hold up better over time (aluminum vs vinyl top)...

Luckily, I have a few months to decide lol!

I was almost 100% RetraxPro MX (without T-slots), but now I'm really thinking the EGR Rolltrac manual cover. Looks to be a step up above the Retrax. We'll see.

I was almost 100% RetraxPro MX (without T-slots), but now I'm really thinking the EGR Rolltrac manual cover. Looks to be a step up above the Retrax. We'll see.

I was looking at that too and didn't really give it too much thought initially because Retrax is where my head has been at. After taking another look, it definitely seems like a sweet cover and similar price to the RetraxPro even. After watching the videos and reading some reviews, it gave me a bit more to think about. Thanks for that one @bryan78jordan

I was looking at that too and didn't really give it too much thought initially because Retrax is where my head has been at. After taking another look, it definitely seems like a sweet cover and similar price to the RetraxPro even. After watching the videos and reading some reviews, it gave me a bit more to think about. Thanks for that one @bryan78jordan
All the install videos show that you have to cut into the end to properly install the drainage tubes and that kinda gives me the heebie jeebies! But the cover does look amazing and with a much smaller canister than the retrax!!! The power version looks pretty amazing too!!!!!

You bet! The ReTrax looks to be better than whatever brand my dad has on his Ram, and the EGR looks to step it up a notch further.

All the install videos show that you have to cut into the end to properly install the drainage tubes and that kinda gives me the heebie jeebies! But the cover does look amazing and with a much smaller canister than the retrax!!! The power version looks pretty amazing too!!!!!
Agreed but I don’t loose much sleep over drilling holes like that anymore. When I installed my Amp Research steps on my brand new 2016 Ram and had to grind on the pinch seam for proper clearance for the steps, per the instructions, I figured what the hell after that. A little protective paint and it was good to go.

The powered one looks great but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra scratch for me. Your mileage may vary. 😉

Back