What's new

RHO Bed/Tonneau Covers

Agreed but I don’t loose much sleep over drilling holes like that anymore. When I installed my Amp Research steps on my brand new 2016 Ram and had to grind on the pinch seam for proper clearance for the steps, per the instructions, I figured what the hell after that. A little protective paint and it was good to go.

The powered one looks great but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra scratch for me. Your mileage may vary. 😉
I recommend learning and practicing on something that costs less to replace like a cheaper vehicle, wood, sheet metal, etc. I'm fortunate/unfortunate to have made several exciting and expensive mistakes early on. Just remember to use copious amounts of painters tape. It helps with measuring, marking and protects from paint chipping out.

I recommend learning and practicing on something that costs less to replace like a cheaper vehicle, wood, sheet metal, etc. I'm fortunate/unfortunate to have made several exciting and expensive mistakes early on. Just remember to use copious amounts of painters tape. It helps with measuring, marking and protects from paint chipping out.
Good advice

Anyone going Diamondback ? I had one on my last truck and it was great.

Anyone going Diamondback ? I had one on my last truck and it was great.
They look durable and pretty water tight but they block quite of bit of the bed space for me. I like their smoother finish and backflip edition.

They look durable and pretty water tight but they block quite of bit of the bed space for me. I like their smoother finish and backflip edition.
you can fold one panel forward to get about 1/3 of bed fully open or take the entire thing off in about 10min. If you don’t need the entire bed open most of the time they work great.

you can fold one panel forward to get about 1/3 of bed fully open or take the entire thing off in about 10min. If you don’t need the entire bed open most of the time they work great.
That's true, they do remove entirely, quickly.

I’ve been passively watching YouTube reviews on tonneaus and I think I am going to go with the backflip mx4. Most of the long term reviews have been positive.

I’ve been passively watching YouTube reviews on tonneaus and I think I am going to go with the backflip mx4. Most of the long term reviews have been positive.
I like it..

But unfortunately I live in an area where covers get shredded like pulled pork. (Lots of people that want to steal your shit.)

I'm leaning towards a Diamondback cover.

I like it..

But unfortunately I live in an area where covers get shredded like pulled pork. (Lots of people that want to steal your shit.)

I'm leaning towards a Diamondback cover.

We obviously live in different parts of the country, that’s not an issue where I’m from. Where Im from we try not to cuss, and we certainly say thank you when somebody else pulls your pork.

To each their own.

We obviously live in different parts of the country, that’s not an issue where I’m from. Where Im from we try not to cuss, and we certainly say thank you when somebody else pulls your pork.

To each their own.

Yup.. How Southern California is..

I'd leave in a second, if I could.

Has anyone tried one of these Peragon covers?

*Edit: did some looking into these, the look cool and I like that when fully open, it doesn't block the rear window, but they have an issue with stuff loaded towards the cab, which is how I always pack our gear when camping, so it wouldn't work for me. Also even though it is a hard top, it has a 50lb limit which seems too low.

I had the Peragon on my last Ram worked great color matched, easy to install and it was flush to bed. Probably get one for this truck.

I run the RetraxPro XR on my TRX, and have nothing but good things to say about it. With a Rambar, it doesn't sit fully flush towards the front (since it has to ride over the flange and bolts). But that would be an issue for any tonneau.

View attachment 99
Nice. I'm interested in doing a hard tonneau and Ram Bar combo on the RHO...if you did it again, any advice? I've seen others mention modifying the bolts.

Nice. I'm interested in doing a hard tonneau and Ram Bar combo on the RHO...if you did it again, any advice? I've seen others mention modifying the bolts.
I have swapped bolts as well. First I tried a low-profile black bolt, but it started rusting. So I switched to a stainless round-headed bolt. It isn’t my favorite look, but quite frankly I don’t have the willpower to keep looking. No matter what you do, it isn’t going to sit flat.

1722473249284.jpeg

1722473467864.jpeg

Any experiences with DiamondBack Covers? Pro's? Con's? Will it work with a RAMBAR?

Any experiences with DiamondBack Covers? Pro's? Con's? Will it work with a RAMBAR?
I don’t. But from what I’ve seen/heard on the TRX forum, it doesn’t work.

Which Bed/Tonneau Cover are you considering for the RHO?

The new BAK Revolver with the T-Slot Rails is something I would consider:
View attachment 82

View attachment 83
I love the low profile, clean look but I am worried about taking care of vinyl. Seems like a lot of upkeep. I have a Line-X tri-fold now and love it. No extra upkeep. Wash and go.

I’ve had vinyl covers on my trucks now for over 20 years. No I didn’t say they last 20 years. I said I’ve had them for 20 years. Typically you have to replace them about every six or seven years but some manufactures will sell you just the replacement cover.

Back