What's new

Southern California RAM Dealers are Greedy A$$4@!#$!!!

RADA

Founding Member ⚙️
Reaction score
Military
USAF
I spoke to four different RAM Dealers here in SoCal, and these greedy jerks are saying they are offering no RHO discounts and two said there will be at least a $10K market adjustment on all RHO Trucks.

I can't order from Koon's since I'm in the People's Republic of California...

My wife's grandfather retired from Ford, we get all vehicles at invoice, sometimes less.
I just like the RHO more than the Raptor.

At the rate they are going, my local RAM dealers are going to help me become a Raptor owner.

I spoke to four different RAM Dealers here in SoCal, and these greedy jerks are saying they are offering no RHO discounts and two said there will be at least a $10K market adjustment on all RHO Trucks.

My wife's grandfather retired from Ford, we get all vehicles at invoice, sometimes less.

At the rate they are going, my local RAM dealers are going to help me become a Raptor owner.
You can not order from out of state if you live in California? Is it an emissions thing?

You can not order from out of state if you live in California? Is it an emissions thing?
No.

All vehicles sold anywhere in the US are 50 state certified.

I have no idea why.

KOONS response:

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner said:
Unfortunately, no I do not believe so. There are 4 states we can not sell to due to strict license/registration/tax policies (MA, MT, HI, CA)

I’m in SoCal and placed an order through Mark Dodge.

Add CO dealers to the list!! Same here

Go up to Oregon and drive it back. You should be able to call Mark Dodge and have it shipped back to you.

I asked around here in Vegas about discounts they all said no even Towbin Dodge the so called #1 dealer in America. Guess Chopper couldn't touch this one haha. Ordered from Mark Dodge instead pretty flawless for my first time out of state order.

I asked around here in Vegas about discounts they all said no even Towbin Dodge the so called #1 dealer in America. Guess Chopper couldn't touch this one haha. Ordered from Mark Dodge instead pretty flawless for my first time out of state order.
I asked a dealer here (SoCal) to match the discount and he put me on hold to talk to the manager and came back and said that they planned to mark them up.

I asked a dealer here (SoCal) to match the discount and he put me on hold to talk to the manager and came back and said that they planned to mark them up.
of course ha

The problem you will have bringing new into California is smog. The law in California says all new car coming in must smog to register and sometime it takes a few months and a few thousand mile for the smog monitors to set. Be prepared to get a couple of 30 day permits if it does not pass initial smog test.

If you fly in and drive it home it may be ready to pass but if it is shipped it may take a while. I have had a few friends in Cali go through this recently. I'm 20 miles from the border in NV with NO smog for a reason .. LOL

The problem you will have bringing new into California is smog. The law in California says all new car coming in must smog to register and sometime it takes a few months and a few thousand mile for the smog monitors to set. Be prepared to get a couple of 30 day permits if it does not pass initial smog test.

If you fly in and drive it home it may be ready to pass but if it is shipped it may take a while. I have had a few friends in Cali go through this recently. I'm 20 miles from the border in NV with NO smog for a reason .. LOL
That’s great to know. Mark Dodge mentioned that as well.

I’m on SoCal and that’s no surprise what so ever. It’s the California tax. I plan to order from Mark Dodge when I am ready. 50 state legal. So Cali dealers can pound sand. Let them rot

I’m on SoCal and that’s no surprise what so ever. It’s the California tax. I plan to order from Mark Dodge when I am ready. 50 state legal. So Cali dealers can pound sand. Let them rot
Amen, brother!

I laughed at the two dealers that said they were adding $10K onto the MSRP...

There's a certain dealer in the Inland Empire that I plan to visit after I get my RHO from Mark Dodge...

Amen, brother!

I laughed at the two dealers that said they were adding $10K onto the MSRP...

There's a certain dealer in the Inland Empire that I plan to visit after I get my RHO from Mark Dodge...
I can give you a few extra license plate brackets... just in case

I can give you a few extra license plate brackets... just in case
Anthony - I' waiting for two things. One on your side and one on mine..

Waiting for Forged Metallic Blue...

...and for the VA to pay me what they owe me...

Then I'll be ordering from you...

Back