What's new

I have a a scheduled date!

That's my exact dilemma. I need the tax write-off for 2024, and the TRX also scratches my itch. I would much rather have the RHO for a number of reasons, particularly the gas mileage. My thought would be to buy it and play for a year, then sell it and just order the RHO in year two so I can get the tax credit for next year as well. I'm sure I'd take a hit on the resale, but the tax savings I'd enjoy wash that away. All this would be a non-issue if I was certain the RHO will be delivered before end of 2024.
I am not a CPA nor do I play one on tv. But my CPA is one of the best in Florida. The fact that you need it by the last day of the year in 2024 has me assuming you are going the route of Section 179 or bonus depreciation (and not just standard depreciation)… you mention here that you can get a new vehicle in 2024, play with it, and get RHO next year for even more tax savings. Please talk to your CPA about depreciation recapture. You have to keep your vehicle for 5 years according to the IRS. When doing section 179, your vehicle gets depreciated to $0.00 on your books. Anything you sell or trade it in for within 5 years will go against you as taxable income. If you trade the TRX in next year for $75,000… that’ll be $75,000 of taxable income. I realize I am just talking out of my ass and going by context clues! Believe me I want Uncle Sam as far away from my pockets as possible!!!! Just giving you a heads up on something you may not have thought of, or something your CPA may have failed to mention.

I heard it's a 6 months wait for the GX
I waited for a GX 550 from October of 23 until April of 24. The dealer was great but in April they told me December of 24 I would get the 2024 GX550. Originally it was April or May, when they extended it I took my deposit money and came for the RHO. Not only the GXs are really behind but you might get a 2024 in January of 25.

I waited for a GX 550 from October of 23 until April of 24. The dealer was great but in April they told me December of 24 I would get the 2024 GX550. Originally it was April or May, when they extended it I took my deposit money and came for the RHO. Not only the GXs are really behind but you might get a 2024 in January of 25.
I was number 5 on my dealer list. I skipped on it because I couldn't justify the price for it. looking back, I should've bought it for the value. I'm sure they are holding a good value.

I have friend that just went to Cincinnati and told them what he wanted and picked it up 3 days later. I think if you’re willing to travel you can get one much easier than most dealers are communicating

That's my exact dilemma. I need the tax write-off for 2024, and the TRX also scratches my itch. I would much rather have the RHO for a number of reasons, particularly the gas mileage. My thought would be to buy it and play for a year, then sell it and just order the RHO in year two so I can get the tax credit for next year as well. I'm sure I'd take a hit on the resale, but the tax savings I'd enjoy wash that away. All this would be a non-issue if I was certain the RHO will be delivered before end of 2024.
I say buy the TRX. You won't lose much on a trade next year for the RHO. This way you get to experience both. Price is good for the milage. Go for it.

Thanks Anthony. Are they building rebel Xand GT, or it's the same scenario as the RHO
Job #1 for Rebel X and GT was scheduled for 9/16 as of our August 1st call

OK guys, I need someone to talk me off the ledge here. I stopped by my local RAM dealer this afternoon and sure enough they just got in a trade. It’s a 22 TRX Level 2 Package in Billet Silver with Pano, non-beadlock wheels, already tinted windows, AND it already has the IGLA and Drone package. Basically the same thing I ordered on the RHO plus a few add-ons. I'd be sacrificing the massage seats, the 14" UConnect, and the "new" truck mental and physical traits, not to mention the gas mileage. The truck has only 7,400 miles on it and I can grab it for $83K out the door. Do I just buy it and cancel my RHO order? Do I buy it and try to sell it once the RHO comes in? or do I walk away and just keep waiting and hoping the RHO is everything as promised and actually shows up this year? HELP!!!!
You might be surprised at how good you can do with MPG on the TRX. I know I do not use mine as intended, I just daily drive it 8-10 miles a day to the office, but I actually get 13.5 mpg. The 22 you’re looking at seems like a good deal. I’ll try to sell my fully loaded 21 with 24k miles for 74-75 if Ram ever decides builds the RHO I ordered.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    467.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I heard it's a 6 months wait for the GX
I’ve been seeing them around more here in Colorado- they look nice, up close looks a little to toyish. Was thinking about swapping out my wife’s Tahoe for one till I got a closer look- to small for my family of 5. Sticking with the Tahoe.

You might be surprised at how good you can do with MPG on the TRX. I know I do not use mine as intended, I just daily drive it 8-10 miles a day to the office, but I actually get 13.5 mpg. The 22 you’re looking at seems like a good deal. I’ll try to be sell my fully loaded 21 with 24k miles for 74-75 if Ram ever decides builds the RHO I ordered.
Better than the 11.2 I get in the 6.2L Gen 1 Raptor. Same daily drive to the office and daycare... maybe 10 miles a day.

I am not a CPA nor do I play one on tv. But my CPA is one of the best in Florida. The fact that you need it by the last day of the year in 2024 has me assuming you are going the route of Section 179 or bonus depreciation (and not just standard depreciation)… you mention here that you can get a new vehicle in 2024, play with it, and get RHO next year for even more tax savings. Please talk to your CPA about depreciation recapture. You have to keep your vehicle for 5 years according to the IRS. When doing section 179, your vehicle gets depreciated to $0.00 on your books. Anything you sell or trade it in for within 5 years will go against you as taxable income. If you trade the TRX in next year for $75,000… that’ll be $75,000 of taxable income. I realize I am just talking out of my ass and going by context clues! Believe me I want Uncle Sam as far away from my pockets as possible!!!! Just giving you a heads up on something you may not have thought of, or something your CPA may have failed to mention.
Yeah our CPA/Tax guy likes to play in gray areas but I don't want Uncle Sam to have any reason to look into my horrible bookkeeping skills. We run a clinic so I have already told the wife there is no way we can justify writing off any of the vehicles. I don't mind paying taxes on what we have to because it means we are making monies, I would love to keep as much as possible in our pockets. I think the next logical step is commercial real estate to help keep the companies profits low but have a good investment long term.

I considered a new GX until I read a review that talked about “hood flutter” at highway speeds.

Toyota ain’t what it used to be.

Though, they did make one of my top 5 favorite vehicles to own…1998 Tacoma 4WD reg cab with I4, 5 speed stick & auto-locking hubs. Couldn’t kill that thing. While it didn’t handle like a sports car, it was predictable. So much so, I could drive it on 2 wheels around turns. My BIL was so impressed with it, he bought a used one that was several years old. Paid $10,500 private sale…drove it for 4 years until State of NY forced Toyota to buy them all back due to rotting frames. He got $13K from Toyota!

I've got a VIN number and the dealer tells me it's gone into "build status", but I don't know if that means it's only been scheduled or what.

I was in a similar predicament, Order new RHO or buy a lightly used TRX. I have 5+ buddies with TRX that ordered new in 21-24 and have always liked them and debated ordering but couldn't really stomach the terrible gas mileage/range since i offroad alot in the desert and did not want to have to pack gas. So i kept my raptor and never ordered a TRX. Fast forward to the predicament in this thread,, New RHO or used TRX, i went with the RHO since it has everything the TRX had minus the terrible fuel economy. Plus better than the Raptor in every way so seems like the perfect fit. I guess time will tell once i get the RHO. If im not a huge fan (which i cant imagine) i will probably be looking at 24 TRX and dealing with the fuel economy! Also talking to my buddies with TRX, every single one of them said they will be getting an RHO as there next truck to replace their TRX. Same zero-60 , same suspension and body, less weight, way better fuel economy and more features. Ram better knock the RHO out of the park.

I've got a VIN number and the dealer tells me it's gone into "build status", but I don't know if that means it's only been scheduled or what.
Check the tracker. It will tell you

Ask your dealer for an updated POC. If your scheduled, it will have your estimated build dated on it. You’ll know immediately if he’s telling you the truth.

I seriously wish I knew what this means for all of us. I really home she gets me an answer by the end of next week. Otherwise I may be stuck looking for other vehicle to get.
So, any updates?

Ask your dealer for an updated POC. If your scheduled, it will have your estimated build dated on it. You’ll know immediately if he’s telling you the truth.
Is gambling allowed on this forum?

Back