What's new

I have a a scheduled date!

I'll start worrying in late September. Once it starts I think we will be good, they can pump these things out quick. When I ordered mine in June I was told unofficially that maybe December or January would be the pick up month, I will be waiting till then hoping for sooner but expecting a nice Christmas present.
I agree. It's too early to panic. We already have units are scheduled and press conference moved back to October.

I hope this is not the case. If so RAM did really shitty with this roll out. If they dont have parts avail. But still taking orders is not very smart imo. The worst will be for the dealers that will get stuck with trucks at some point that people walked away from not being able to wait for a maybe truck
It’s pretty typical, to be honest. They test and test with pilot builds, then send off the parts orders for production. Sometimes the suppliers have production/parts delays, and sometimes there are fit-up issues with the final part deliveries (i.e., tolerances).
It happened with the transition from Uconnect4 to Uconnect5 in the early 2022 model year. Thousands of built trucks sat in parking lots waiting for software fixes due to unforeseen glitches.
Same thing happened with the early 2023 model year - word on the street was that the new digital EVICs weren’t fitting into the dash properly.
It sucks for buyers who are waiting, that’s for sure (I experienced it too, and it was even worse with all the Covid shortages). But it’s the nature of the business. They schedule everything weeks or months ahead, and parts are delivered as delivery happens. They don’t stockpile everything on-site. So if a parts supplier says he’s going to be late by a week on a delivery, the factory has to push things back. Heck, they even shut down shifts regularly because of deliveries that don’t happen on time. Sometimes you’ll hear things like they sent the third shift home because they ran out of wheels. It sounds pretty strange from an outsider’s perspective. But imagine trying to rely on thousands of specific parts to arrive on time (and not have any defects or fit-up issues). It’s probably a nightmare on a daily basis.

Same. That’s my backup if no movement by Oct 1
Mud bath with red interior combo 🔥🔥.. I really want the RHO bad.. but this will be my backup plan

Im just gonna wait for the RHO. The longer it takes, the more my down payment climbs. Besides, driving it home on a snowy winter day would be fitting in a way lol.

Im just gonna wait for the RHO. The longer it takes, the more my down payment climbs. Besides, driving it home on a snowy winter day would be fitting in a way lol.
Same here! Tundra will be my worst case scenario

Aren't the Tundra's having engine problems?

Never drove any truck other than my last 2 rams but I'm leaning towards power wagon or new 2500 rebels.

Hopefully they get moving next month. I need this by end of year for business purposes and have two orders placed so let's see what happens.

Also not gonna lie and say I'm already digging around for back up truck just in case and will place rho order next year.
Funny, I almost started a thread with the subject "how many people WANT their truck vs. how many people NEED their truck. I need my truck for a move in December but not to the point of changing my mind and buying something different. I think people that cancel their order will end up regretting it. This is a unique truck that commands attention. When you see it, you know there is something special going on here.

Funny, I almost started a thread with the subject "how many people WANT their truck vs. how many people NEED their truck. I need my truck for a move in December but not to the point of changing my mind and buying something different. I think people that cancel their order will end up regretting it. This is a unique truck that commands attention. When you see it, you know there is something special going on here.
I for one need my truck (ordered May 9th), I had to lemon law and surrender my 2012 Ram Rebel to FCA April 23. All I have to drive is my Honda Monkey......

But with all the SHAP quality issues I am seeing on this forum, the 5th Gen forum, and Reddit.....I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I for one need my truck (ordered May 9th), I had to lemon law and surrender my 2012 Ram Rebel to FCA April 23. All I have to drive is my Honda Monkey......

But with all the SHAP quality issues I am seeing on this forum, the 5th Gen forum, and Reddit.....I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel!
There is always a light at the end of the tunnel....... just sometimes its a train coming at you.

Never drove any truck other than my last 2 rams but I'm leaning towards power wagon or new 2500 rebels.
If you get a power wagon find one of the 75th anniversary editions... that brown leather is nice

Ive owned all 3 generations of Raptors, TRX, Super Duty and the 2021 Power Wagon in Anvil on 37s is the one I regret getting rid of

Last edited:
If no movement by October 1 I guess I'll move on to something else. Probably a 2500 HD AT4 Duramax. Really had rather not though. Maybe Ram/Stellantis will get it together.

I have a pretty nice 2022 black Built-to-serve edition with 12k miles. I will keep waiting. But it does get frustrating. I can't imagine getting a Toyota and then in 4 months, see that RHO in the same color you ordered driving by. Lol. That would be terrible. Like someone said above, just more money to put down.

If no movement by October 1 I guess I'll move on to something else. Probably a 2500 HD AT4 Duramax. Really had rather not though. Maybe Ram/Stellantis will get it together.
That V8 Duramax is a gem of an engine! You will love it.

As for the rest of the truck…well, seats kinda suck for long trips (foam is stiff & too thin)…ride is a bit harsh unless loaded, especially of you get the model with the DSSV shocks…and, it’s GM…I almost bought a 2024 2500 Duramax ZR2…turns out the early trucks’ right cab side were not welded correctly…resolution involved the dealer stripping down the interior and fixing the welds (HA!)…typical GM BS.

That’s why I’ll wait for RHO.

If you get a power wagon find one of the 75th anniversary editions... that brown leather is nice

Ive owned all 3 generations of Raptors, TRX, Super Duty and the 2021 Power Wagon in Anvil on 37s is the one I regret getting rid of
Agreed, I drove a 19 Power wagon for a few years .. Awesome truck, really hard to beat for the $$

Since we are talking about other vehicles, does anybody know what the difference is? Between the Rebel GT and the Rebel X The only thing is clear is that the rebel x comes with sunroof.

Back